Subs or Dubs?

SeiggHart

Rising User
Aug 27, 2015
YouTube
Honestly, it depends on the dub for me. I prefer the English dub of Black Lagoon over the sub, but I'll refuse to watch Cardcaptor Sakura's dub. The Slayers (Old TV show most people here probably never heard of... Hint: Google 'Lina Inverse'.) is good both ways, so as I said it depends on the dub. Yes, Sub generally is better... but sometimes Dub is. Same thing goes for consoles... and pretty much everything else. Some times one is better, other times the other is the better one.

pandinha93

New User
Jul 23, 2015
Definitely subs for reasons already mentioned (language sounds awesome, picking up the language, better voice acting, etc.) just in some cases I'm a little bit annoyed by the harsh high-pitched almost shreeking girl voices that they use for male characters. In those cases I might prefer dubs, but instead they should just cast different voice actors :p

FyrStarter

Rising User
Aug 28, 2015
YouTube
I'm one of those people that end up just watching the subtitles and not actually watching what going on in the anime if I have to watch subs. For that reason I prefer to watch dubs when available.

AIMZIEWAIMZIE

Rising User
Jan 6, 2015
England
YouTube
I pick dub because when it comes to trying to read and watch I find it too much and I have to concentrate on 2 different parts of the screen. Not very good at multi tasking even if it is on the same screen XD

Generic Baka

Otaku Lord and Saviour
Freedom! Member
Oct 9, 2015
YouTube
The dub voice actors are crappy 99% of the time. I hate them. They don't convey that much emotion either. They aren't convincing in their performances. Sub all the way!

Shamar Ren

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Do you prefer subs or dubs when watching Anime? I prefer subs, because English voice actors trying to voice an anime, its just, ugh.
It all depends on the anime for me like naruto, and hunter x hunter I perfer sub but for animes like Dragonballz I perfer dub just because the voice actors are not as annoying and corny in my opinion lol
11990809_492810277553583_1394912760_o.jpg

Kuway000

Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2015
YouTube
I prefer dubbed because that's what I grew up with, and I could always do something else while I watch and not have to worry about missing too much, but I do like some anime better in Japanese, like Yu-Gi-Oh! since it's not all edit with 4Kids... I do have to say that Goku's voice in Japanese is a bit annoying...