Subs or Dubs?

RhysJ

New User
Dec 9, 2015
Subs when I can be bothered to read but Dubs when I'm feeling lazy or enjoy one of the voice actors voices better then the Sub voice

TJHeath32

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2015
England
YouTube
It depends for me, really. If I'm watching anime on my second monitor and playing games on my first, it'll be dubs definitely, otherwise I won't know what's being said as I'm not concentrating on the subtitles :p And I felt like the Japanese voice acting in Death Note seemed rather monotonous, and the dubs were way better. However, I will watch most animes with subs, like Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online.

Kurisu

Rising User
Jan 1, 2016
YouTube
Dubbed for me for a few reasons The writing is more fluid and fun to me and I can get into it a lot better than reading subs. With that said I am not against subs or anything and will watch subbed if it is my only option. I find the actors in Japanese are better with niche shows than big shows. Like I can not stand DBZ,Naruto,Bleach and One Piece subbed.[DOUBLEPOST=1451678691][/DOUBLEPOST]
I prefer dubs. But only quality dubs. Or anything with my man Johnny Yong Bosch in it.
So pretty much any anime these days XD He is a good guy met him once in 2014. :)

Reactions: Prandall

Prandall

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 27, 2015
YouTube
Dubbed for me for a few reasons The writing is more fluid and fun to me and I can get into it a lot better than reading subs. With that said I am not against subs or anything and will watch subbed if it is my only option. I find the actors in Japanese are better with niche shows than big shows. Like I can not stand DBZ,Naruto,Bleach and One Piece subbed.[DOUBLEPOST=1451678691][/DOUBLEPOST]
So pretty much any anime these days XD He is a good guy met him once in 2014. :)

Very true! haha, I've noticed he's been far more active in the Anime world. He just has such a good voice! and also.. WHAT?! You are so lucky!

MrFyrious

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2016
YouTube
I'd rather have subbed. I love the Japanese language and trying to learn some words myself.

Dragonball Z is a show i saw in English dubbed. I can't watch it in Japanese :p

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Do you prefer subs or dubs when watching Anime? I prefer subs, because English voice actors trying to voice an anime, its just, ugh.
For me it really depends. I think overall I prefer Subs but in some cases I would prefer a Dub if the characters and world are set in a Western backdrop and Japanese voices don't quite seem right.