Subs or Dubs?

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
Mostly subs, but some dubs are cool like in Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon and of course Dragon Ball. It depends on how you get used to. I used to watch One Piece since childhood with subs and always loved it that way, and when I tried with dubs it was meh, same with Naruto.

ChiakiNanami

Rising User
Jun 20, 2015
YouTube
My issue with subs is they sound out of place to me. The japanese voices for anime and games are too high pitched. Talking in real life is fine in japanese to me but in anime and games it is really weird.[DOUBLEPOST=1435923605][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dubbed. Although, the first time I ever preferred subbed because the English VAs sounded just awful was in Dragonball Xenoverse.
Wow someone who is not a fan o DBZ dubbed? I'm shocked

Sik

Rising User
Mar 21, 2015
YouTube
Do you prefer subs or dubs when watching Anime? I prefer subs, because English voice actors trying to voice an anime, its just, ugh.
i understand where you are coming from but i prefer dub a little more because i want to pay attention on what is going on and not reading everything

TheKevit07

Freedom! Member
Jun 25, 2015
YouTube
I never really watched sub, I AM picky about who dubs, however.

I really enjoy Chris Sabat and Sean's voice in DBZ, and Justin Cook in Yu Yu Hakusho series (my personal favorite Anime of all time. Two of my favorite things: detectives and spirits/demons, all rolled into one? YES PLEASE!).

I dunno, hearing someone else voice it to this day would be different, especially in another language I don't understand. It'd be like making Archer in Japanese with subtitles, just doesn't seem right to me. But, everyone has their opinion, and that's why this is in the opinion forums! :)

InkedDragneel

New User
Jul 17, 2015
YouTube
Subbed definitely! The Japanese voice actors just have a certain way of saying things that make their characters and expressions more believable. Most english dubs just sound like they're trying too hard XD

InBradysHead

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 7, 2015
YouTube
It all depends for me, in all honesty. If the dub is good, I'll watch the dub. If the dub sucks, then I'll watch the sub. Either way though voice acting really doesn't play a huge role in watching anime unless it's really that bad.