Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Would love to hear what you think of my channel, if you've got the time :)

Here's your review

Your homepage layout is reasonable and has had some though put into it, personaly i felt it was a little long but that's my opinion. I really like your channel art, the 8-bit style really comes out well and fit the theme of the channel well. I can't sya the same for your thumbnails as there are quite a few different styles in one place, maybe cosndier having some kinda of defualt for all of them to help your audience spot your videos. As for the rest of your channel you could have a more detailed desciption than a few lines just get more out there about your channel, what you mmake and when to expect it. Finally watching your latest video, the commentary is really good and clear and the editing is on point, well done.

Overall Rating: 9/10

If it isnt too much trouble,would you please review my channel too?
(your reviews are quite on point)

Starting with your homepage you've put content on it but the are all in the same style, try messing around with them to make it look better, just take a look at other youtubers to get an idea of what I mean. Moving on to your channel art I felt that the art was okay but didn't match. The avatar felt more like a paint piece and the banner didn't match the avatar design. I also felt having the social links written in the banner to be rather pointless. As for your thumbnails there is no really style I'm picking up from them, maybe take a look around the C.R.I.B for a good template or just to get an idea. As for the rest of your channel, the descirption was a bit basic and could be fleshed out a little more. Lastly watching your latest video, your commentary is okay and can be understood but I felt the gameplay was a bit slow (don't know if its ment to be like that).

Overall rating: 5/10

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
Thanks for the feedback
lol i really do need to kinda "Revamp" my channel,As for the gameplay,yeah,quite literally for some reason thee game plays horribly on my system.The thumbnails,as you said,dont really have any style,i have been trying to make one (if that makes sense),like something that would be unique to my channel,guess thats not the best idea now lol

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
Here's your review

Your homepage layout is reasonable and has had some though put into it, personaly i felt it was a little long but that's my opinion. I really like your channel art, the 8-bit style really comes out well and fit the theme of the channel well. I can't sya the same for your thumbnails as there are quite a few different styles in one place, maybe cosndier having some kinda of defualt for all of them to help your audience spot your videos. As for the rest of your channel you could have a more detailed desciption than a few lines just get more out there about your channel, what you mmake and when to expect it. Finally watching your latest video, the commentary is really good and clear and the editing is on point, well done.

Overall Rating: 9/10

Thank you very much for the feedback!

I'll have a re-jig of my thumbnails and see what I can do to make them more consistent, as well as re-evaluate my channel description as well (I never know what to put for those things) :)

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
So its been a while since I've been active on the freedom forums. Since then I've changed alias and made a new channel. I wanted to get back to give channel reviews, which are honest and provide advice for positive changes for your channel, but I'll be managing it a little better so I don't get overrun with requests. This time I'll be doing 1/2 per day max so you'll be an a queue for your review. It just allows me to have take my time on them a little more.

I'll be covering the following headers on my review:
- Homepage layout
- Channel art (Avatar & Banner)
- Thumbnail design (Appropriate to your content e.t.c)
- Rest of channel (Description, social links e.t.c)
- Your latest video
And finally I'll rate you channel out of 10.

Each channel will have at-least a paragraph of feedback and will be quoted when they review is made.

Testimonies from previous thread #1 & thread #2

If your not too busy i wouldn't mind receiving one of these renowned reviews :)

Joe Obv

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 2, 2016
YouTube
So its been a while since I've been active on the freedom forums. Since then I've changed alias and made a new channel. I wanted to get back to give channel reviews, which are honest and provide advice for positive changes for your channel, but I'll be managing it a little better so I don't get overrun with requests. This time I'll be doing 1/2 per day max so you'll be an a queue for your review. It just allows me to have take my time on them a little more.

I'll be covering the following headers on my review:
- Homepage layout
- Channel art (Avatar & Banner)
- Thumbnail design (Appropriate to your content e.t.c)
- Rest of channel (Description, social links e.t.c)
- Your latest video
And finally I'll rate you channel out of 10.

Each channel will have at-least a paragraph of feedback and will be quoted when they review is made.

Testimonies from previous thread #1 & thread #2

Would really appreciate it if you could do one for my channel :p

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
If your not too busy i wouldn't mind receiving one of these renowned reviews :)

Here's your review.

Starting on your homepage, it could really use some work. Granted you only have two videos which makes it hard to work with but when you get more maybe consider setting up a nice layout to show off your content. Your channel art is reasonable, however I felt the orange bands around the characters in the banner were a little childish and look like they were done in paint, maybe consider removing them or taking some more time with them. Your thumbnails are great though they lack and branding, but keeping the style you have should be all you need when it comes to it. The rest of your channel is okay, you have a good description but lack and social links to normal platforms like Twitter and FB which would really help boost your channel and help viewers find your content. Finally watching your latest video your mic quality isn't too great, but it can be improved in post quite easily, also your content being in 720P makes your HUD elements in game take up a lot more space than a 1080P video would, just consider that in the future.

Overall Rating: 3/10

Would really appreciate it if you could do one for my channel :p

Here's your review

Starting on your homepage you could make some improvements, you could try to add a vertical list in there and organise it so it isn't just latest upload and created playlists as it makes it look like you don't care too much about the page. You artwork is on point, however I felt the social plugs in the banner were a bit hard to read on my 900P monitor, it might just be my eyes but maybe consider making them a little bigger. Moving to your thumbnails you really lack a consistent style. Have a look at some template in the C.R.I.B which may help you make a style of your own or give you a template to use for your videos. The rest of your channel is okay, you could make a full length description to let others know what your channel is about and help a little with SEO for your channel at the same time. Finally watching your latest video, but why is the video 720p when you have a 1080p in the description, also the description was way too brief and only has your PC specs in it really. I also felt the commentary was a bit quite and had lots of off points.

Overall Rating: 4/10[DOUBLEPOST=1489222599][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anyone else? I'm up to date on these so far, so I can do more as and when I get requested.​

Last edited:

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I would like a review please :)

Here's your review

Starting on your homepage you could definitely improve it as you've only got the uploads section on there. Try adding some playlists to it in different view modes just to improve the look of the page and make it look like some time and effort was put into it. Moving to your channel artwork I liked your logo but I felt it would be a little bit bigger just so its a little easier to see. I felt the same way about your banner, its good but the text for the social plugs are a little too small and hard to read. On to your thumbnails, they were reasonable but there was no real branding of your channel on them and most of them seem to be rather different. I'd try to make a template design, even if its just a small border, just to have a design of your own. I also felt the cropping/stretching in the thumbnail of ("NBA 2K17 Scenarios - What if Michael Jordan replaced LeBron James on the Cleveland Cavaliers?") was really bad & unprofessional. Looking over the rest of your channel your about section could be improved to be more than one line as the about section is used in some SEO, you could also consider getting a Facebook page set up too just so your promoting yourself to a wider audience. Finally watching your latest video, the intro is WAY TOO LONG!!!. an intro should be no longer than 5 seconds and should only be short and snappy, not a 20 seconds long with 3D text moving around, also the subscribe part of the intro should really only be in the outro if anything, putting it there really make people want to leave / skip it more than anything. the content itself is okay and good quality. But your description could use some work, from what I can tell half your description is tags. you shouldn't do this, it looks unprofessional and doesn't really boost your video that much in the search results anyway. Just making you tags unique and personal to your video should do it.

Overall Rating: 4/10

Reactions: Aaron Reyes

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I would love a review! I'm having trouble getting people's opinions on my channel so I would be really grateful for a review :D

Sure, here's your review

Starting on your homepage, you could add playlists of different genre's to the page just to spice it up a little, at the moment it just feels a little default. Moving to your channel art, its clean and well made, though the text in the logo could be a tad bigger. Either that or consider making a logo with either the initials or something musical in style. Your thumbnails are great, with consistent branding and style :). The rest of the channel could use a little work, mainly your about section, having a few lines more will help a lot get your channel seen as Youtube uses it in some SEO. You should also consider getting a FB page too, to help promote your channel. Finally moving to your latest video, obviously the content is good, I like the visuals added to the video and the audio is clear. your descriptions are also good though you should consider adding a few more tags to you video as most of what you are using is the same 3-4 words, this won't help get it noticed unless someone is looking for that song, maybe include some genre's e.t.c to it just to give it a hand.

Overall Rating: 7/10

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
Here's your review

Starting on your homepage you could definitely improve it as you've only got the uploads section on there. Try adding some playlists to it in different view modes just to improve the look of the page and make it look like some time and effort was put into it. Moving to your channel artwork I liked your logo but I felt it would be a little bit bigger just so its a little easier to see. I felt the same way about your banner, its good but the text for the social plugs are a little too small and hard to read. On to your thumbnails, they were reasonable but there was no real branding of your channel on them and most of them seem to be rather different. I'd try to make a template design, even if its just a small border, just to have a design of your own. I also felt the cropping/stretching in the thumbnail of ("NBA 2K17 Scenarios - What if Michael Jordan replaced LeBron James on the Cleveland Cavaliers?") was really bad & unprofessional. Looking over the rest of your channel your about section could be improved to be more than one line as the about section is used in some SEO, you could also consider getting a Facebook page set up too just so your promoting yourself to a wider audience. Finally watching your latest video, the intro is WAY TOO LONG!!!. an intro should be no longer than 5 seconds and should only be short and snappy, not a 20 seconds long with 3D text moving around, also the subscribe part of the intro should really only be in the outro if anything, putting it there really make people want to leave / skip it more than anything. the content itself is okay and good quality. But your description could use some work, from what I can tell half your description is tags. you shouldn't do this, it looks unprofessional and doesn't really boost your video that much in the search results anyway. Just making you tags unique and personal to your video should do it.

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
could i please get a review

Here's your review

Starting with your homepage, you could be a little more creative with it as you've just got playlists in the save style, try mixing it up a little bit. Going onto your channel art I felt you could try and brand your channel a little better, your avatar is your face while your banner looks like something made in paint rather quickly, maybe take a look through the C.R.I.B for some help in this area. you can get template and request services of others who can make the art for you. Moving to your thumbnails, they weren't the worst I've seen but you should try to keep each one unique with different images in the background of each one, like what you've done with your latest ones. Also you should consider putting the episode number on the bottom left corner as the youtube video length covers the bottom right side of the thumbnail. Finally going to the rest of the channel I felt you could have a much better description to help with SEO, as well as showing your sub count and having some social links for your channel to help promote your content. Fiannly watching your latest video I felt the commantary was nice and clear but I don't know if its the stream recording or the game HUD, but the game HUD kept going out of screen and it just messes with my OCD a little.

Overall Rating: 2/10 (has a lot of work that needs doing to get it going fully)
i would really like a review

Here's your review

Starting on your homepage, I felt you had a good amount of content on it but I also felt you could spice it up a little by having a vertical list for one of them just to make it slightly different and not all the same down the page. Looking at your channel art I felt the banner was nice and simple, though I didn't see how the avatar linked to it at all, maybe improve the avatar or make the link a little more obvious. Moving to your thumbnails I felt they were good but in some of them there was clear stretching (mainly in the numbers) which just ruin them for me. Going onto the rest of your channel I felt the description was a little vague and could be expanded on, but I loved the amount of social links you had linked to the channel though your Pateron link was broken as it sends you to to the visitors user account rather than yours. Watching your latest video I felt the music was well edited into the video and the content level was good for the video. Just a little addition on click-bait, I saw your almost died videos and just though (no, just no), really? I felt they were really a little lame and just there to get views, the first one being eating hot food, simple solution is to not eating hot food, and the second one with the scooter, well if it was owned by a student and stuck on 1st gear which is most likely was and coming at you from close range then it wouldn't have been that fast and might have just broken a few bones at best, but you wouldn't die from it. I'm frankly surprised the scooter stayed upright with no-one on it as you stated. (sorry if I sound a little mean here but it isn't really much of a life or death situation and I've had moments far worse than this before, so I don't find this at all funny or entertaining. That's just my two cents on this anyway)

Reactions: IDubHD

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
could i get a review on my channel please mate

Here's your review :)

Starting on your homepage it could use a little work. Consider adding a few more playlists to it and try messing around with vertical and horizontal formats as a good mix of both can make it a lot more enticing to your viewers. Looking at your channel art I like to style of it but I felt there could be a few changes. You could improve the size of the text in the logo as it felt a bit small & you should consider choosing a darker shade of turquoise in the logo as for someone like me (who has part colour blindness) finds a bit distracting and dazing to the eye. You should also maybe shrink the logo in the banner just a little so it fits in the banner desktop view, its only needs a little adjustment. Moving to your thumbnails I felt there could be some improvements as there wasn't really any clear design kept throughout the channel. A border around the thumbnails could be a great start, you could also take a look through the C.R.I.B for some templates or designs for you to use or get inspiration off of. Going onto the rest of your channel I felt you could expand your first line a little more just to be that bit more engaging and you could also improve your setup description by ordering it better like this

CPU, RAM, GPU, Motherboard, Storage, Monitor, PSU, OS, Accessories

Which looks a lot more organised and gets the info people most want to see out first. You also have a broken icon on your social links, see my guide here on how to fix that quickly. Finally watching your latest video, I really liked the music :) it was nice to listen too and wasn't too rappy for me at all. though I though the Mic quality was a bit off on your vocals.

Overall Rating: 6/10

IVonnaDie

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2016
Engalnd
YouTube
JoshNorman95
Here's your review :)

Starting on your homepage it could use a little work. Consider adding a few more playlists to it and try messing around with vertical and horizontal formats as a good mix of both can make it a lot more enticing to your viewers. Looking at your channel art I like to style of it but I felt there could be a few changes. You could improve the size of the text in the logo as it felt a bit small & you should consider choosing a darker shade of turquoise in the logo as for someone like me (who has part colour blindness) finds a bit distracting and dazing to the eye. You should also maybe shrink the logo in the banner just a little so it fits in the banner desktop view, its only needs a little adjustment. Moving to your thumbnails I felt there could be some improvements as there wasn't really any clear design kept throughout the channel. A border around the thumbnails could be a great start, you could also take a look through the C.R.I.B for some templates or designs for you to use or get inspiration off of. Going onto the rest of your channel I felt you could expand your first line a little more just to be that bit more engaging and you could also improve your setup description by ordering it better like this

CPU, RAM, GPU, Motherboard, Storage, Monitor, PSU, OS, Accessories

Which looks a lot more organised and gets the info people most want to see out first. You also have a broken icon on your social links, see my guide here on how to fix that quickly. Finally watching your latest video, I really liked the music :) it was nice to listen too and wasn't too rappy for me at all. though I though the Mic quality was a bit off on your vocals.

Overall Rating: 6/10
thanks for the review mate and i will try and make them improvements and thanks for you opinion on my music mate but better mics cost a lot of money so i carnt afford one yet

Reactions: Jonathan