Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Any chance you could review my channel for me?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdSPLmnfBqXg6nWyh-qr1CA

Here's your review

Starting with your homepage, I felt it could have a lot more content on it. Maybe consider adding some playlists to it and try messing around with the horizontal & vertical layouts. I'd also recommend making some sort of channel trailer, even something simple can work. Going onto your channel art I liked the style though I could be a bit better executed. The avatar isn't centralised & the banner feels stretched. You should work on this to make your channel look more professional. Also try and keep the avatar and banner similar in design. Moving to your thumbnails, well....they could use some work. its nice to see that the backgrounds are different on each video though I didn't get any kind of unique style from them. Try and make your thumbnail yours, it can be a simple as adding for minor branding to them. As for the rest of your channel it would be nice to see some social links like twitter & facebook, as well as a full description for your channel (as it helps with SEO). As you had one linked I took a look at your webite/blog. I'd recommend you keep it up to date if your going to have one. Its a bit out now as the last post October last year. Finally watching you latest video; I liked the music and how it fitted into the content, it would be nice to see some sharper edits though the edit itself was okay. You should work on making a full description with links to your social media in it as well as to playlists for the content they are watching. You should also fill out your tags and make your title unique so to stand out.

Overall Rating: 4/10
I would really appreciate a review on my channel. Thanks!

Here's your review

Starting on your homepage, Its great to see a variety in playlists & layout style :), though I'd use them a bit more by grouping playlist together with the "Multiple Playlists" function to make the page a tad smaller. Its nice to see you have a channel trailer which is short and to the point :). Moving to your channel art, your avatar & banner fit well. Though I'd maybe to and make your avatar a similar contrast to the banner if possible. Just taking a new image without the sun in your face would do. The banner is very nice, simple & to the point. Moving to your thumbnails, I liked them :). though the choice of font and colours could be a bit better (try keeping the same font unless the video content suits a different font), for the most part they are good though. Taking a look over the rest of your channel, you should try to write 2-4 lines of channel description to help your channel with SEO and give your views info like upload schedules e.t.c. You could also have a twitter account for your channel. As you have a website I took a look at it. Well its basic to say the least. If you want something that looks good you could try Mobrise which I recent found and tried myself to make my website. Its easy to use and can help make a nice looking website that works on all devices. Only downside is you need a domain & webhosting to use it really. you can get free domain names, take a look around. Finally watching your latest video; the editing was on point, quality was okay though the night stuff was a bit hard to watch cause of the lighting. Your description could look a lot better though and could have links to social media in there. The tags could also be better as 8 tags all pretty much the same would make a huge impact. try using the youtube search with your video content and find what people are searching for to make them better.

Overall Rating: 7/10