Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Updated (22/6/2017) | Fixed quote error

So, this thread has done far better than I could ever imagine it would. I'm still very much open to write reviews, I've personally been on Youtube since 2007 so I do know a thing or two about the platform and what makes a good channel. Simply reply to the thread to get a review. Just make sure your channel link is either in the reply or linked t your forum account.

I'll be covering the following headers on my review:​
- Homepage layout
- Channel art (Avatar & Banner)
- Thumbnail design (Appropriate to your content e.t.c)
- Rest of channel (Description, social links e.t.c)
- Your latest video (Video quality, Audio Balance, Intro Length, Descriptions & Tags)
And finally I'll rate you channel out of 10.​

Each channel will have atleast a paragraph of feedback and will be quoted when they review is made.​

Testimonies from this thread & my previous thread #1 & thread #2

This Thread
I really appreciate the feedback. You were very helpful
wow thanks man i really appreciate your review. its honest and to the point and i have alot to work on. honestly your the first person who has actually been this blunt on my channel and honestly i wish it would of been sooner i could of done more if i had known all of these points thanks i will work on it and if its ok when im done if you could review the changes i would appreciate it.
Thank You for the Feedback. The Thumbnails I will work on. I'm Always Looking for A New Style but I Try to follow the Style of the Latest Sonic Games and Channels are Using Sometimes.........
Thanks dude! I'm looking forward to making corrections.
Thanks for the review buddy. I'm have new art work made up for the channel as we speak so the pic will be sorted out soon......... When I get things sorted I'll get in touch with you again.
thanks for the review mate and i will try and make them improvements and thanks for you opinion on my music mate......
Thank you sir I appreciate the details and time that went into this
Thanks for the truthful channel review, it'll certainly help in the following weeks :D

Previous Threads (old alias)
BizarreETHAN said:
Thanks for the feedback, Captain. I'm glad you were honest about it.....

Irvine Sonicboom said:
Thank you so much for your time to review each and every one of us! I know it takes a lot of time and effort to do these.....

Legends Of Allstars said:
Thank you so much for suggestion, i really agree and apperciate you, thanks bro.....

Wow. Thank you so much for the AWESOME Review! It really does mean alot and thank you so much for subscribing aswell! This has made my day :D thank you very much once again!

Note from me

Please don't copy parts of my thread to start your own, I took the time to write this up myself and its just so.....annoying when you see like 3-4 other thread just copying you cause your thread has a lot of replies. Please don't be that person.

Thanks
Dev_J

Last edited:

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Would love a detailed review thanks :D

Here's your review.

Your homepage layout is great with a nice mixture of content, I like how you mixed them together. However I wouldn't have the "created playlists" section, instead I'd put 2-3 of your favourite playlists there to promote them further. Your channel art is good but there are some improvements that could be made, mainly I felt that they were a bit small. I liked the design and how you incorporated it into your banner as well but I felt the banner could have been done differently. Your thumbnails could also use some work, mainly on the branding side of things, you have added you logo on some but it varies in location and on your latest video its a bit harder to see (maybe make a silhouette of your logo for the thumbnails?) . I'm not really seeing a pattern in thumbnail design as all. Having a consistent thumbnail design will help your fans find your videos in the search results as they will instantly recognise your work from the image. It doesn't have to be much, just a small border or style. The rest of your channel is good, you have a good about section and plenty of social links to help get your content seen. Finally watching your latest video, I loved the little intro play of the game moment you put in there and your editing is great, but I felt your voice channel recording was a bit weird, it sounded like everyone had an echo on their voice. Maybe look into ways to fix that, I also felt your intro hanged just a little bit, maybe just take like .5 of a second off and it would be fine.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Thank you for doing this! I would love a review :)

Here's your review.

As you don't really have the content for a homepage yet I'll leave this bit out :(. Your channel are is very nice, the design is distinct, modern and clear. well done! Your thumbnail is also reasonable, it does lack and branding but if you keep a consistent theme with your thumbnails then it won't matter too much. My only criticism here is that the text is half covered by the video length by youtube, maybe consider moving it to the top and rearranging it a little. The rest of the channel is pretty basic right now as you are changing content I'm not surprised. You should get twitter and FB links for your channel as it does help get your content seen by your subscribers who follow them. Your about section could also have a bit more detail added to it. Moving to your latest video, I liked it but you may want to put a language disclaimer in the description near the top as some people may not like the amount of swearing and sexual jokes in them.

Overall Rating: 6/10

Reactions: BluEdge Chekpoint

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Hey man, great job at reviewing. You actually reviewed by channel a while back and I took your suggestions and implemented them. If you wanted to check it out again I would be appreciative of that. Love to get others opinions on layout and design to not only make the channel better suited for myself, but for fans as well.

Keep at it man, you're doing a great service for everyone.

BluEdge Chekpoint

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Here's your review.

Your homepage layout is great with a nice mixture of content, I like how you mixed them together. However I wouldn't have the "created playlists" section, instead I'd put 2-3 of your favourite playlists there to promote them further. Your channel art is good but there are some improvements that could be made, mainly I felt that they were a bit small. I liked the design and how you incorporated it into your banner as well but I felt the banner could have been done differently. Your thumbnails could also use some work, mainly on the branding side of things, you have added you logo on some but it varies in location and on your latest video its a bit harder to see (maybe make a silhouette of your logo for the thumbnails?) . I'm not really seeing a pattern in thumbnail design as all. Having a consistent thumbnail design will help your fans find your videos in the search results as they will instantly recognise your work from the image. It doesn't have to be much, just a small border or style. The rest of your channel is good, you have a good about section and plenty of social links to help get your content seen. Finally watching your latest video, I loved the little intro play of the game moment you put in there and your editing is great, but I felt your voice channel recording was a bit weird, it sounded like everyone had an echo on their voice. Maybe look into ways to fix that, I also felt your intro hanged just a little bit, maybe just take like .5 of a second off and it would be fine.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Here's your review.

As you don't really have the content for a homepage yet I'll leave this bit out :(. Your channel are is very nice, the design is distinct, modern and clear. well done! Your thumbnail is also reasonable, it does lack and branding but if you keep a consistent theme with your thumbnails then it won't matter too much. My only criticism here is that the text is half covered by the video length by youtube, maybe consider moving it to the top and rearranging it a little. The rest of the channel is pretty basic right now as you are changing content I'm not surprised. You should get twitter and FB links for your channel as it does help get your content seen by your subscribers who follow them. Your about section could also have a bit more detail added to it. Moving to your latest video, I liked it but you may want to put a language disclaimer in the description near the top as some people may not like the amount of swearing and sexual jokes in them.

Argh the thumbnails. Lol but I will definitely take your feedback into consideration. A constant style so that our videos are easily spotted is actually critical so I thank you on that. Thumbnails takes a lot of creativity but its doable. Also yea the audio situation is what we have been in trouble with since day 1. We are trying to find improvements with them though. But Im glad you said something about it because no one else would when its completely obvious. Hopefully we will get a fix soon. But thanks so much. We appreciate it.

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I would like a review pls :eek:

Hello, Here's your review.

Your homepage is okay but I felt it was a little cluttered. you could do some rearranging to make look appealing while still having the same amount of content, maybe change your popular uploads around to be a list or something, its just makes it look like some effort was put into it. Your channel art is pretty good. I felt you avatar was simple but fitted the channel, its not the greatest but its still clear and easy to read. I really liked your banner design, its not something I see everyday :). Moving to your thumbnails I like that you've keeps a template going throughout your videos and it certainly pays off as you can easily tell you videos from other peoples, they are clear and well laid out, well done. The rest of channel could use a little TLC, consider writing a full about me section and maybe getting a FB page too just to boost your channel's exposure (you can just link it to your twitter so it posts for you). Watching your latest video I found it to be really well edited and the moment it self was rather funny, all way going well until swimming!!! Great editing, nothing to complain about there.

Hey man, great job at reviewing. You actually reviewed by channel a while back and I took your suggestions and implemented them. If you wanted to check it out again I would be appreciative of that. Love to get others opinions on layout and design to not only make the channel better suited for myself, but for fans as well.

Keep at it man, you're doing a great service for everyone.

Hello again :), yea I remember doing your review last time, here's your new one.

Starting on your homepage it is full of content, some work has definatley been done here. The only criticism I have here is that you've only used one style, exempt on the popular uploads at the bottom, I'd but the popular uploads higher up or edit some of your favourite playlists around to a list just to change it up a little. Moving to our channel art there has been a very nice re-brand done since I last looked. I love the flat style art and how it all flows perfectly. Great improvement there! Your thumbnails also have improved, I like your logo in the corner which helps with branding as a whole. However i felt that you could spice them up a little by having different background on each video in a series rather than the same thumbnail all over, it just looks better in my opinion. The rest of your channel is great! you've got a really detailed about section and plenty of links to social media link or stores. Finally watching your latest video is really well done, your commentary is on point, its clear and nice to listen too and the visuals were still nice to watch, loved the parrot in a morgue headline :)

Overall Rating: 9/10 (Great improvements made to the channel just a few small things and it'll be a 10!)

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I would love to get one review
Well I have opened my new channel a few days back so there won't be much content but still

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I would love to get one review
Well I have opened my new channel a few days back so there won't be much content but still

Here's your review.

as you don't have much content I won't go over the homepage in this review. Your channel art is reasonable, the avatar is clear and detailed and also goes well with your banner which is also well done. However i felt that the game logos were a bit too much, you should really have them there as it kinda ruins the style you have going for it. Your thumbnails too me seem rather cluttered, while the text stands out a bit the video # is covered by the yt video length and the design is pretty basic, maybe consider looking through the C.R.I.B for a good template to use in your videos or make your own and style it to your channel or include your channel logo in it to help brand your channel. Your channel description is a good length and you have a twitter account, you should also get a facebook page and link it to help grow your audience. Your latest video is okay, but the gameplay quality is pretty low with lots of low textures and I don't think your saying in the video, its sounds like the game to me, I'm not familiar with the WWE to much so I can't give much more than that.

Overall Rating: 3/10 has a fair few things to fix

Would definitely appreciate a review man.

Here's your review.

Starting with your homepage, you could really give this more than you have, try looking at other youtubers layouts to get an idea of what I mean, its just a bit sloppy to me. Moving to your channel art your banner is great however your avatar doesn't really match the style shown in the banner. Consider making an avatar that matches the style of your banner. Your thumbnails vary a bit but aren't terrible. i like that you've kept your branding up most of the time. though I'd recommend that you keep the style the same instead of having 4 different types. I also felt that the orange and blue background thumbnails were terrible and just a poor choice of colours. The rest of your channel is reasonable, you have a good size description and some social links, though I'd recommend getting a FB page even if you don't use FB just to help grow your audience. you can also link it to your twitter if you want to save time posting in two places at once. Finally watching your latest video I felt the Intro was WAY TOO LONG, it should be no longer than 3-4 seconds really, it just felt like it went on for ever! your commentary is pretty good though and video quality is fine otherwise.

Overall Rating: 4/10

I would also like a review :D

Here's your review.

Starting your homepage it could really use some work, it just looks like the default YT sets for you when you make you channel to me, even the subscriptions box is on the homepage which just doesn't help your channel at all. take a look at others youtubers homepages and make some changes there to make it yours. Your channel art is okay, i felt the text in your avatar was kinda small or pointless, the character would do just fine in the avatar. Your banner is pretty good and well made. As for your thumbnails you really lack any style and look quite frankly awful. Take a look around the C.R.I.B for some thumbnail templates people have made and maybe get some inspiration from it to help make you own template for your videos. The rest of your channel could have a little bit done to it. The description could explain a little more about what you make and when you release videos. You could also have some social links to twitter and facebook to help your videos get seen by people as relying on yt alone doesn't really work these days. Going onto your latest video, firstly the title is short and half the video is not of that game anyway, the video is what I can guess to be a live stream and is completely unedited for that reason, your commentary is also drowned out by the game volume so consider fixing that too.

Overall Rating: 2/10

I would like a review as well.

Here's your review:

Starting with your homepage, I liked that you had put some time into it however I felt like there were too many lists making your homepage really long, maybe try shortening it down a little. Your channel art is great, both your avatar and banner match and are well made. Your thumbnails are also great, I like the design you've gone with while it does lack and branding I wouldn't say it hinders the channel at all. Only comment I have here is that some the game titles are hard to read over the background of the thumbnail, maybe consider adjusting their colours so they can be read. The rest of your channel is also reasonable, you have a nice description but it could use some spacing out so it doesn't look so daunting to the reader. you have plenty of links too but a lack of a FB page which you should consider getting if you haven't already. Finally looking at your latest video, your commentary was nice and clear but I felt the video was a bit too long (43 mins) most people prefer to watch content for only around 20 mins tops assuming it engaging, try cutting bits out tat are dull or nothing is happening in to shorten the video down a little.

Overall Rating: 7/10

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I don't think your saying in the video
What do u mean I am not saying in the video and if u are talking about commentary then yes I am doing commentary and about game texture quality...Its game's fault I don't know how to fix it

D

Deleted member 17740

Here's your review.

Starting your homepage it could really use some work, it just looks like the default YT sets for you when you make you channel to me, even the subscriptions box is on the homepage which just doesn't help your channel at all. take a look at others youtubers homepages and make some changes there to make it yours. Your channel art is okay, i felt the text in your avatar was kinda small or pointless, the character would do just fine in the avatar. Your banner is pretty good and well made. As for your thumbnails you really lack any style and look quite frankly awful. Take a look around the C.R.I.B for some thumbnail templates people have made and maybe get some inspiration from it to help make you own template for your videos. The rest of your channel could have a little bit done to it. The description could explain a little more about what you make and when you release videos. You could also have some social links to twitter and facebook to help your videos get seen by people as relying on yt alone doesn't really work these days. Going onto your latest video, firstly the title is short and half the video is not of that game anyway, the video is what I can guess to be a live stream and is completely unedited for that reason, your commentary is also drowned out by the game volume so consider fixing that too.

Thanks for the truthful channel review, it'll certainly help in the following weeks :D

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Hello, Here's your review.

Your homepage is okay but I felt it was a little cluttered. you could do some rearranging to make look appealing while still having the same amount of content, maybe change your popular uploads around to be a list or something, its just makes it look like some effort was put into it. Your channel art is pretty good. I felt you avatar was simple but fitted the channel, its not the greatest but its still clear and easy to read. I really liked your banner design, its not something I see everyday :). Moving to your thumbnails I like that you've keeps a template going throughout your videos and it certainly pays off as you can easily tell you videos from other peoples, they are clear and well laid out, well done. The rest of channel could use a little TLC, consider writing a full about me section and maybe getting a FB page too just to boost your channel's exposure (you can just link it to your twitter so it posts for you). Watching your latest video I found it to be really well edited and the moment it self was rather funny, all way going well until swimming!!! Great editing, nothing to complain about there.

Hello again :), yea I remember doing your review last time, here's your new one.

Starting on your homepage it is full of content, some work has definatley been done here. The only criticism I have here is that you've only used one style, exempt on the popular uploads at the bottom, I'd but the popular uploads higher up or edit some of your favourite playlists around to a list just to change it up a little. Moving to our channel art there has been a very nice re-brand done since I last looked. I love the flat style art and how it all flows perfectly. Great improvement there! Your thumbnails also have improved, I like your logo in the corner which helps with branding as a whole. However i felt that you could spice them up a little by having different background on each video in a series rather than the same thumbnail all over, it just looks better in my opinion. The rest of your channel is great! you've got a really detailed about section and plenty of links to social media link or stores. Finally watching your latest video is really well done, your commentary is on point, its clear and nice to listen too and the visuals were still nice to watch, loved the parrot in a morgue headline :)

Overall Rating: 9/10 (Great improvements made to the channel just a few small things and it'll be a 10!)
Thank you sir I appreciate the details and time that went into this

StormMoreno

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
Ohio, United States
YouTube
StormMoreno
Here's your review:

Starting with your homepage, I liked that you had put some time into it however I felt like there were too many lists making your homepage really long, maybe try shortening it down a little. Your channel art is great, both your avatar and banner match and are well made. Your thumbnails are also great, I like the design you've gone with while it does lack and branding I wouldn't say it hinders the channel at all. Only comment I have here is that some the game titles are hard to read over the background of the thumbnail, maybe consider adjusting their colours so they can be read. The rest of your channel is also reasonable, you have a nice description but it could use some spacing out so it doesn't look so daunting to the reader. you have plenty of links too but a lack of a FB page which you should consider getting if you haven't already. Finally looking at your latest video, your commentary was nice and clear but I felt the video was a bit too long (43 mins) most people prefer to watch content for only around 20 mins tops assuming it engaging, try cutting bits out tat are dull or nothing is happening in to shorten the video down a little.

Overall Rating: 7/10

Thanks for the review mate. I know my videos are a bit long but with the lack of uploads I'm doing I think I should make longer videos until the summer when I can upload two videos every day. For the facebook page...no, I hate Facebook and I'll never use it. Thanks for the review again. (y) (Y)

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Hey, your reviews look really in-dept. I would be honoured to get one :)

Here's your review.

Starting with your homepage, you've made a good layout with lots of content on show that doesn't feel repetitive. Though the ark playlist seems a little out of place at the bottom. Your channel art is okay but it felt a little simple / made in paint, you may want to spice it up a little to look more professional. Your thumbnails are nice and simple but also distinctive and have a different background each time, well done. I felt the rest of your channel was okay but your about section could be a little longer and you could also get a Facebook page to help with exposure. Finally your latest video was reasonable with a good balance of audio to game volume but as its pretty much raw gameplay I can't gauge your editing from that video.

Overall Rating: 5/10

your reviews seems honest, id like one :)

Here's your review.

Starting with your homepage, it felt like it could use some TLC really, have a look at what others have made for their homepages and move some stuff around. Your channel art is good but I felt the banner and avatar were a bit too different in design, maybe try to keep the triangle theme in the banner as well or vise versa. Moving to your thumbnails I felt they could really use some work, there is no real template been used and they look badly put together, take a look through the C.R.I.B for a good template or just to get some idea's and make your own style. The rest of your channel could also use a little work, you should consider making a full about section to help with SEO a little and also consider a facebook page to help with exposure. Watching your latest video, its pretty bad to be honest. the gameplay isn't 16:9 which makes it look bad for a start and the intro is WAY TOO LONG!!!! Intro's should be short and snappy and not last longer that 5 seconds really. your dragged on for a lot longer.

Reactions: Traf Plays