Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Hello All

I'm CaptainAdric, I do Game Design and Development IRL along with hosting a well laid out Minecraft server Network (with website & forums) and running some youtube channels.

I'm here to give feedback on your channel which will include elements of the following;
- homepage layout
- channel artwork (avatar and banner)
- content quality
- thumbnails
- description
- social links
- +anything else I may have to say

I will give each channel at least paragraph of feedback and a subscribe in return would be nice but is optional.

I will quote you with the feedback when I make it

UPDATE [09/02/16]: Please allow 48 hours for a reply, I get a lots of these to get through therefore it may take some time to get around to doing yours. I also have IRL stuff to do as well. If it has been longer than 48 hours you may PM me to remind me.

Last edited:

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Hello All

I'm CaptainAdric, I do Game Design and Development IRL along with hosting a well laid out Minecraft server Network (with website & forums) and running some youtube channels.

I'm here to give feedback on your channel which will include elements of the following;
- design
- content
- channel layout
- artwork
- description
- social links
e.t.c

I will give each channel at least paragraph of feedback and a subscribe in return would be nice but is optional.

Well hello Captain! First and foremost here's you free healing: PNG icon copy.png
Second I would love for you to give me channel a review. Let me know if you need my ID or just click here to make it simple.
Thank you.

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I'd love a feedback :)

Okay,

Firstly looking at your channel description, you've put "I make comedic animation and some... weird stuff." which is okay but you could expand on this a little as it would make it look like some effort was put in there. Your channel art is great and fits the theme of your channel (nothing bad to say about that). Your content is pretty creative and is definitely will attract new viewers the only advice I give is to improve the view quality as time goes on to show that you are dedicated to the channel even more. Your video descriptions could use some work, you could set a default description to have social links and more details on the animation itself. The last thing I think needs improving is the thumbnails, while they are okay I think a little branding on personal style of thumbnail would make more people watch the videos.

I hope this helps :)

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Well hello Captain! First and foremost here's you free healing: View attachment 13227
Second I would love for you to give me channel a review. Let me know if you need my ID or just click here to make it simple.
Thank you.

Firstly I looked at your channel description and I'm happy to say its detailed enough to give an impression of what you do and your upload schedule for new visitors to see. Your avatar is good and suits the channel name but I feel your banner could use some work. I would have the "Uploads every tuesday and thursday" removed from the banner and then the rest of the banner brightened up just a little as it's hard for someone like me (partially colour blind) to see the text. Your channel front page layout could be improved a little with some more sections just to make it a little more appealing. Your content to me was good and your audio quality is great. your video descriptions are also good but you could have some social links to boost your social media. Finally for the thumbnails you have a mixture of different designs I like you most recent video thumbnail the most out of the lot and you do have branding on the thumbnail but for me its obscured but the video timer, try moving it to another corner and moving the "episode # - Text" up a little to make it so it can be read over the video timer.

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Firstly I looked at your channel description and I'm happy to say its detailed enough to give an impression of what you do and your upload schedule for new visitors to see. Your avatar is good and suits the channel name but I feel your banner could use some work. I would have the "Uploads every tuesday and thursday" removed from the banner and then the rest of the banner brightened up just a little as it's hard for someone like me (partially colour blind) to see the text. Your channel front page layout could be improved a little with some more sections just to make it a little more appealing. Your content to me was good and your audio quality is great. your video descriptions are also good but you could have some social links to boost your social media. Finally for the thumbnails you have a mixture of different designs I like you most recent video thumbnail the most out of the lot and you do have branding on the thumbnail but for me its obscured but the video timer, try moving it to another corner and moving the "episode # - Text" up a little to make it so it can be read over the video timer.

Thank you for your review. I'll definitely take that into account. I figured about the Icon on my episode thumbnails Didn't notice the timer until a couple of days ago. lol Thank you again

monoman

Do animated video!
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
YouTube

Thanks for your time :)

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
could you do my channel?

Here's your feedback

To start I looked at your home page layout and channel trailer video. Your layout is content rich and does a good job of showing what your channel is about and what you post on it. as for the trailer it isn't a trailer really I'd recommend making a short 30 second to a minute video just explaining what your channel is about. Next I looked at your channel content and picked a few videos at random. your batman series could use a little more spoken word that it has but it good quality and your WWE content felt a tad bland and could be expanded on better.

Now for channel artwork I'd say there can be a large improvement here. Your banner is cutoff by YouTube and is a bad quality. I suggest you get a image editing program that can do layers (such as paint.net) and smooth out the banner, I'd also suggest using this to get a full size banner image to start with. your logo text is way to small to read. If you're going to have text in your logo it should be leg-able on your channel. As for your thumbnails they aren't bad but some channel branding could be added to make the thumbnail stand out and the text could be moved up a little on the thumbnails to avoid be covered up by the video time overlay.

Finally you channel description and social links. your description is a tad basic but does explain why you make videos. I'd add a little extra explaining any upload scheduales you may have e.t.c. As for social links you could have a facebook page and twitter account for your channel to allow views to interact with others and share your videos which will help get additional exposure to your content.

Reactions: Chris Paternoster

Machi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2015
YouTube
Hi Captain'!

Would you like to give me a feelback and some advices for my youtube channel?
Don't hesitate to be honnest!

Thank you very much! ^__^

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Hi Captain'!

Would you like to give me a feelback and some advices for my youtube channel?
Don't hesitate to be honnest!

Thank you very much! ^__^

I'm always honest on here :), here's your feedback

Starting with your homepage layout you could maybe create playlists based on what genre of music you make and have them in sections on the front page. I just feel it would make your homepage that bit more interesting to look at. You could also consider adding a 30 second to 1 min trailer about what you create for new viewers of your channel to look at. Now looking at you channel art I Fell there is a mix of old and new here. you avatar doesn't match in style to your banner which puts me off a bit. I like the avatar but I would just have the "M" in as the avatar and have it fill the avatar as it looks really good and makes it easy to spot in a crowd. As for the banner you could updated it to match you avatar. (however if you want to keep that one I'd keep the rainbow going throughout the banner to make it seem fluent.

Moving onto your content. I like the music you make, its nice and soothing, I would consider getting rid of the watermarks in the video's which is generated by the capture somewhere your using. your thumbnails could be a fair bit more enticing. I thing the thumbnails from videos like "Before the storm" & "Let the snow fall" are really got and professional but I feel your latest once aren't as good but a long shot. I recommend working on these more.

As for your description and social links. Your description could be improved vastly to tell users what you make and any kind of schedule or times you release videos to let users know for future reference. Finally your social links are good but the artwork could be the same all over so user will recognize that its you over all social media.

Last edited:

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I would love a feedback :)

Hello, here your feedback on your channel;

Starting with your homepage layout, your layout is pretty good though I would consider moving the tutorial playlist section to be under the uploads as it would make it visible early on for new views rather than having them scroll down. you could consider having a trailer of sorts showing what you make in a montage of sorts just to entice new views to subscribe. Now looking at your channel art your avatar isn't terrible but I'd consider either brightening the text for making the background darker s people such as I who have a form of colour blindness struggle to read the text. your banner is okay though I consider removing the diamond armor on the right as it shows a lack of effort on that bit.

As for your content, it isn't bad but some improvements could be made. I watched your two latest video's and they felt a tad bland. While your editing is pretty good with the overlays showing what the user needs to make the build they could be more exact to say how much they need of each item. The music is okay is its loud enough but on the tutorial for a stable it seems to be too quite and I got distracted but other things too easily. Maybe consider doing commentary or voice over to make it more interesting. Moving to your thumbnails your two latest thumbnails are great and work with the theme of the channel but try to keep it constant throughout the channel as a template.

Finally onto your description and social links. your description could be improved to include a bit more detail on what you create and any upload schedules you have so views can know when to expect content from you. As for your social links you could make a dedicated twitter account for your channel and connect to your fans that way rather than linking it to your personal account.

Last edited:

Frank Ash

Freedom! Member
Dec 19, 2015
YouTube
Hey Captain I Would Love To Get A FeedBack And I Will Make Sure To Subscribe You Cause You Are Helping A Lot Of YouTubers Out Here.