Offering Detailed Channel Feedback/Review

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
So a while ago I did some channel feedback for people which turned out to be very popular, people appreciated what I said about their channel and how I laid it out. So I'm back once again to do some more. Reply below to get your review, I'll be doing things differently this time as I'll be commenting on the following in my review

- Homepage layout
- Channel Artwork (avatar, banner & thumbnails)
- Content quality (if video provided)
- Channel description
- social links
- +anything else I may have to say
- along with a rating out of 10 for your channel

As before I will give each channel at least a paragraph of feedback

I will quote your post with the feedback when I make it

Testimonies from previous thread

BizarreETHAN said:
Thanks for the feedback, Captain. I'm glad you were honest about it.....

Irvine Sonicboom said:
Thank you so much for your time to review each and every one of us! I know it takes a lot of time and effort to do these.....

Legends Of Allstars said:
Thank you so much for suggestion, i really agree and apperciate you, thanks bro.....

RankSolution

Freedom! Member
Mar 14, 2015
YouTube
can you review my channel I took a break from youtube and I don't think I'm doing as good as I used to so please give more our thoughts

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
RANKSOLUTION

can you review my channel I took a break from youtube and I don't think I'm doing as good as I used to so please give more our thoughts

Okay, Here's what I though of your channel. Your homepage is rather good but you could improve it with a channel trailer or short compilation just to entice new viewers to check out all your stuff. I looked at your Dishonered content (Bonus points from me, that's my favourite game :) ), your commentary was okay but I felt that either the game volume was too low or the commentary was to quiet. You should also consider making descriptions for your videos to help get your content seen by the SEO and give links to social media e.t.c. You should have a twitter page or facebook page to communicate with your audience and announce new videos as they release, this really helps keeping viewers active on your content. Your channel art seems a little basic in the case of your avatar, maybe spice it up a little, you should also make custom thumbnails for your videos, it really helps when it comes to making you stand out.

Overall I'd say your channel has some good stuff but it just need a bit more work done to it before it can reach its full potential.

I'd rate your channel 5/10

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

KONIC899
I'd love a review please :)!

Here's what I though of your channel. your homepage has some good playlist choices but a channel trailer or small compilation would make a real difference. I felt your avatar was really childish / unprofessional in a way, it could definatley be improved to look a lot better. However, I didn't feel this way about your banner, I though that was really good. as for your thumbnails you should make custom thumbnails for all your content as it really helps your videos when people are looking for content to watch, they could also be improved to look better, I felt the skyblock ones were a tad rushed or done in paint. As for your content itself, I looked at one of your minecraft videos. I felt your intro was a bit long and it wasn't easy to actually read. You should also consider making your content more engaging whether that's with live commentary or post commentary. your video descriptions cold be laid out a little better and your channel description could also be improved. You should also get some social media pages to engage with your fans.

Overall I'd say your channel isn't bad but your content and thumbnails need the most done to them first followed by the rest I commented on to really give your channel a boost.

I'd rate your channel 4/10

Reactions: konic899

konic899

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 28, 2016
YouTube
Thank you so much! You made very valid points and I'm starting to move towards commentating more often, as for my intro I've made it faster in most of my newer videos. Thanks once again!

Reactions: Jonathan

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
VoidStarzZHD

I would appreciate a review thank you :)

Okay, Starting with your homepage, I felt the layout could be a lot better. you could start this by keeping most of your channel playlists horizontal row as it just means you can have more on it. Looking at your artwork I felt your avatar was a little vague in meaning, your banner is nice looking but It could be spiced up with a detailed purple background (google is your friend there). As for your thumbnails I though your Football ones were terrible. they aren't the right size for youtube thumbnails so their cropped awfully and your escapists ones while being better were a all the same really, try making a new thumbnail background for each video, it really helps. Even if its just a slight change. Moving on to your content I watched some of your escapist videos and felt it could have used some quiet background music. The commentary was good and easy to understand but I felt it really needed a bit more. Your video description could be improved to have social links and links to the playlist of the series. You should also get a twitter account for your channel and maybe a facebook page as well (you can link them together). It really helps keep your audience engaged.

Overall I felt your channel has a good start but just needs some more work done to it to make it the best it can be

StormMoreno

I would like a review on my channel. I've work hard on it and am wondering what someone else thinks of it. I know it's not the best but whatever.

Here's what I have to say about your channel. Starting with your homepage I felt it was really good :), you have several playlists covering your content, its actively updated and your have a channel trailer, which is actually okay, there could be some improvements like having a quick 5 second funny clip at the start to make people want to watch it. Looking at your channel art I felt your avatar and banner were great :), They are clear and pleasing to look at. However, I felt your thumbnails could use some work as they were all a bit dull to me but I like that you do try to keep some of them different on each video. Moving on to your content I felt your commentary was a little dull, it sounded like you weren't having much fun which makes I awkward to watch. However, your video description is good. Its nice to see that you have a twitter page but you could also get a facebook page and link them together so your audience can interact with you more.

Overall your channel is very active and has reasonable artwork.

I'd rate your channel 6/10

VoidStarzZHD

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
YouTube
VoidStarzZHD

Okay, Starting with your homepage, I felt the layout could be a lot better. you could start this by keeping most of your channel playlists horizontal row as it just means you can have more on it. Looking at your artwork I felt your avatar was a little vague in meaning, your banner is nice looking but It could be spiced up with a detailed purple background (google is your friend there). As for your thumbnails I though your Football ones were terrible. they aren't the right size for youtube thumbnails so their cropped awfully and your escapists ones while being better were a all the same really, try making a new thumbnail background for each video, it really helps. Even if its just a slight change. Moving on to your content I watched some of your escapist videos and felt it could have used some quiet background music. The commentary was good and easy to understand but I felt it really needed a bit more. Your video description could be improved to have social links and links to the playlist of the series. You should also get a twitter account for your channel and maybe a facebook page as well (you can link them together). It really helps keep your audience engaged.

Overall I felt your channel has a good start but just needs some more work done to it to make it the best it can be

StormMoreno

Here's what I have to say about your channel. Starting with your homepage I felt it was really good :), you have several playlists covering your content, its actively updated and your have a channel trailer, which is actually okay, there could be some improvements like having a quick 5 second funny clip at the start to make people want to watch it. Looking at your channel art I felt your avatar and banner were great :), They are clear and pleasing to look at. However, I felt your thumbnails could use some work as they were all a bit dull to me but I like that you do try to keep some of them different on each video. Moving on to your content I felt your commentary was a little dull, it sounded like you weren't having much fun which makes I awkward to watch. However, your video description is good. Its nice to see that you have a twitter page but you could also get a facebook page and link them together so your audience can interact with you more.

Thanks I really appreciate it, I accidentaly deleted what I usually used to make thumbnails before so I have to use picmonkey :/

StormMoreno

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
Ohio, United States
YouTube
StormMoreno

StormMoreno

Thanks for the review mate.

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
For this group I've placed your reviews in spoilers so not to have a really long post.

Professionalism: The Game

Good luck reviewing us. You're going to need it.

Okay, however I don't see how I'll need luck on this. Starting with your homepage, you could use a trailer video whether that's a compilation of your best content or a trailer explaining what you do on your channel. Looking at your art I felt you avatar was rather hard to tell what it was, at a close inspection I get it but when its shrunk when watching videos. I felt you banner was rather bad, It looks really stitched together from thumbnails and isn't appealing. This could be fixed by adding a blur effect to it then having your channel title over the top would look a lot better in my opinion. Your thumbnails are okay but don't look the best in my opinion. The watermark border just looks like it was done in a hurry, a smoother border would help a lot and it also could be a bit less florescent (being part colour blind it does hurt a little to look at it). Watching your latest video I felt the commentary quality could be better, there was a lot of background noise in the video and I could hear your controller movement rather clearly. The visual quality was good though. Your videos could use having a description, its helps with search engine optimisation and helps get your content seen. Plus your channel description could be used for more important details that what you've made already, If you want to do that you could make something like a pastebin of it and link it in the description. Finally you could get some social links like Facebook and twitter to engage with your viewers and let them know of new uploads.

Overall, you channel has a lot of content, but the artwork and lack of descriptions really let the channel down

I'd rate your channel 4/10
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Mix Master Ketchup

Could i get a channel review possibly? :)

Here's what I though about your channel. Starting with your homepage I felt you'd done a good job with giving it content but you should use horizontal rows more often that the vertical lists as it means you can show off more in less space. not everyone will scroll down the whole page. Its nice to see you have a trailer video and it wasn't the worst I've seen but it could be edited a little more to show examples of what you do in the video. As for your channel art its terrible, your avatar is okay as it is but your banner is stretched and not really relevant at all. your thumbnails are also terrible and really need some work. As for your content, you could have your facecam in the corner and not transparent as it would look a lot better. Your description could also be improved to help with SEO. you have a good amount of social links.

Overall you have a nice style but your art lets you down.

I'd rate your channel 2/10
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​
NinjaNultrix

I'd love a channel review if you have the time! :D
http://www.youtube.com/nultrix

Here's what I though of your channel. Starting with your homepage, you've made it very organised and has a good variety, well done. Moving on to your rtwork I felt it was rather good. :), your avatar and banner are relevant and are well made. I though the same about your thumbnails for the most part, some did slip under the quality of other. Moving on to your content I felt the commentary was a little hard to understand in places (to me at least) but otherwise there's nothing wrong what what your making. Your intro was nice and snappy and quick. Your video descriptions were great and had all the links it needed. It nice to see you having your own website, and its very professional too. you have several social links too which is also great to see.

Overall your channel is well laid out and has little change needed.

I'd rate your channel 8/10
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Krisfire
If you're still up for channel reviewing I wouldn't mind mine being brutally reviewed.
www.youtube.com/krisfire98

Okay, Here's your review. Starting on your homepage its nice to see you have a channel trailer, which is short and snappy. I felt you could have added some of your series in playlists to the homepage for quick access. Moving onto your channel art I felt your avatar was great but I felt it didn't need the channel name underneath it (the logo is fine without it). You're made a good attempt at making a banner but it does look a little unprofessional and the choice in shade of blue badly contrasts with the grey from a partial colour blind perspective. As for your thumbnails I felt they had a good style but having the EP number next to the logo felt a bit off to me. Moving on the your content, I watched your latest video, The intro was nice and simple but a quick tune in there would make it better. otherwise I felt your content was okay. Your video descriptions were great and your channel description was also great. You also have a great variety of social links which is always a good thing.

Overall I felt you channel has a great start and just needs a few tweaks to make it look really good.

I'd rate your channel 7/10

Mix Master Ketchup

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Thanks for the review, i am actually gonna get my banner replaced very soon so that it's more relevant to my channel and not just a cat picture that jokingly contradicts my entire image. lol Or maybe i'll find some other use for the cat image, it was just really there to be a visual gag since i'm a satirical gangsta rapper.

As for the thumbnails, maybe i just need someone to design them for me since i'm not great at graphic designing. Or maybe i should add a uniform theme to them or something to make them look better.

However, i don't really know how i could improve with the channel description: maybe add more of my channel tags in while i'm talking about my channel?

Anyway, thank you though for the review: i'll see about improving my channel. :)