Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I would like a detailed review please! ;););)

Here's your review

Starting on your homepage I liked how you've been using both vertical and horizontal modes with the playlists but I felt there wasn't quite enough content to make it super effective but over time it will look better. I liked your intro as it was short and simple. Moving to your channel art I liked how you kept consistent with between the avatar and banner. I felt the "N" in the avatar could have been a little bit bigger but that me :). Moving to your thumbnails, I loved the consistence in the style but I felt the "Gun Sync" name could get a bit boring after a while. Otherwise I loved them, Well Done! Moving to the rest of your channel you could write a description rather than just having "SUBSCRIBE FOR RANDOMNESS". It would also be nice if the social links were not in ALL CAPS! Finally watching your latest video, I liked the editing and the idea, there isn't much more to comment on there....Your description was nice but could have had a bit more on the first 2 lines explain the video.

Overall Rating: 8/10
Could I get a review please dev.

Here's your review

Starting on your homepage, I felt you could've done more with the page, maybe adding some more playlists and having some variety in it would be nice. I felt your channel trailer was a bit dull at the start, maybe add a cool moment there to entice people in at the start. Looking at your channel art I felt your avatar was a bit hard to understand. I get what you were going for but its too small you YouTube. However I felt your banner was great :) Moving on to your thumbnails, I felt you could have been a bit more inventive with them. Changing the background for each video makes a good start, also having larger text in one colour with a glow effect helps too. Also try to come up with a nice unique style of your own for your thumbnails to help stand out from others. Moving to the rest of your channel I felt that you channel description could be better than "Ps4 gamer trying to make it on YouTube. I play shooter games so if you like them sort of games give me a sub." try saying more about what content you create and when you upload. Finally watching your latest video, I felt the intro was kinda pointless, that doesn't really need to be there. I felt your commentary was good and clear and the video quality was good for a 720p video.

Overall Rating: 6/10

Mr Grim

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Swansea
YouTube
swanseajack999
Here's your review

Starting on your homepage I liked how you've been using both vertical and horizontal modes with the playlists but I felt there wasn't quite enough content to make it super effective but over time it will look better. I liked your intro as it was short and simple. Moving to your channel art I liked how you kept consistent with between the avatar and banner. I felt the "N" in

Here's your review

Starting on your homepage, I felt you could've done more with the page, maybe adding some more playlists and having some variety in it would be nice. I felt your channel trailer was a bit dull at the start, maybe add a cool moment there to entice people in at the start. Looking at your channel art I felt your avatar was a bit hard to understand. I get what you were going for but its too small you YouTube. However I felt your banner was great :) Moving on to your thumbnails, I felt you could have been a bit more inventive with them. Changing the background for each video makes a good start, also having larger text in one colour with a glow effect helps too. Also try to come up with a nice unique style of your own for your thumbnails to help stand out from others. Moving to the rest of your channel I felt that you channel description could be better than "Ps4 gamer trying to make it on YouTube. I play shooter games so if you like them sort of games give me a sub." try saying more about what content you create and when you upload. Finally watching your latest video, I felt the intro was kinda pointless, that doesn't really need to be there. I felt your commentary was good and clear and the video quality was good for a 720p video.

Thanks for the review buddy. I'm have new art work made up for the channel as we speak so the pic will be sorted out soon. As I don't have a PC at the moment I'm limited on the thumbnails because the share factory doesn't have the best features for it but I'm having some templates made up so that should sort it out. Ive put more playlists and things on the homepage to fill it out a bit more. When I get things sorted I'll get in touch with you again.

NitrogueYT

Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2016
Mars
YouTube
T
Here's your review

Starting on your homepage I liked how you've been using both vertical and horizontal modes with the playlists but I felt there wasn't quite enough content to make it super effective but over time it will look better. I liked your intro as it was short and simple. Moving to your channel art I liked how you kept consistent with between the avatar and banner. I felt the "N" in the avatar could have been a little bit bigger but that me :). Moving to your thumbnails, I loved the consistence in the style but I felt the "Gun Sync" name could get a bit boring after a while. Otherwise I loved them, Well Done! Moving to the rest of your channel you could write a description rather than just having "SUBSCRIBE FOR RANDOMNESS". It would also be nice if the social links were not in ALL CAPS! Finally watching your latest video, I liked the editing and the idea, there isn't much more to comment on there....Your description was nice but could have had a bit more on the first 2 lines explain the video.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Here's your review

Thanks dude! I'm looking forward to making corrections.

Anthony Shonaman

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 2, 2016
YouTube
So its been a while since I've been active on the freedom forums. Since then I've changed alias and made a new channel. I wanted to get back to give channel reviews, which are honest and provide advice for positive changes for your channel, but I'll be managing it a little better so I don't get overrun with requests. This time I'll be doing 1/2 per day max so you'll be an a queue for your review. It just allows me to have take my time on them a little more.

I'll be covering the following headers on my review:
- Homepage layout
- Channel art (Avatar & Banner)
- Thumbnail design (Appropriate to your content e.t.c)
- Rest of channel (Description, social links e.t.c)
- Your latest video
And finally I'll rate you channel out of 10.

Each channel will have at-least a paragraph of feedback and will be quoted when they review is made.

Testimonies from previous thread #1 & thread #2

I would love a review!!!

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I would love a review!!!

Here's your review.

Starting with your homepage I felt it could be expanded on to have more sections and more of a variety. try messing around with it a little to make it look better. Moving to your channel art I was just about able to make out what it was and its near impossible to read the text in it. Maybe consider making a new one which is either text or a avatar just by itself to make things simpler. In contrast your banner is nice but I felt the drop shadow should be a darker colour as for someone like me with part colour blindness it was a bit hard to differ it from the actual text and kinda dazzled me really. Looking at your thumbnails there could be some improvements. Your latest one was actually pretty good but the rest are kinda bad with just a moment in the video frozen and some with small text in varying fonts and colours over the top. It just looks so unprofessional and bad, try and re-make older thumbnails along with your new ones to help out your channel a bit. The rest of your channel is good but you have a grey globe on your twitter link, see this guide to fix it. Finally watching your latest video I felt that it was a nice compilation but I felt it was a little all over the place near the end.

Anthony Shonaman

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 2, 2016
YouTube
Here's your review.

Starting with your homepage I felt it could be expanded on to have more sections and more of a variety. try messing around with it a little to make it look better. Moving to your channel art I was just about able to make out what it was and its near impossible to read the text in it. Maybe consider making a new one which is either text or a avatar just by itself to make things simpler. In contrast your banner is nice but I felt the drop shadow should be a darker colour as for someone like me with part colour blindness it was a bit hard to differ it from the actual text and kinda dazzled me really. Looking at your thumbnails there could be some improvements. Your latest one was actually pretty good but the rest are kinda bad with just a moment in the video frozen and some with small text in varying fonts and colours over the top. It just looks so unprofessional and bad, try and re-make older thumbnails along with your new ones to help out your channel a bit. The rest of your channel is good but you have a grey globe on your twitter link, see this guide to fix it. Finally watching your latest video I felt that it was a nice compilation but I felt it was a little all over the place near the end.

Thank you. I know my thumbnails aren't the best but I'm never sure how to make them pop, or catch peoples attention. Any idea on how I can improve the art or find someone who's good at it? I've recently dropped out of college to pursue film making and video creation since I've been a YouTuber for nearly a decade and love it.

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Thank you. I know my thumbnails aren't the best but I'm never sure how to make them pop, or catch peoples attention. Any idea on how I can improve the art or find someone who's good at it? I've recently dropped out of college to pursue film making and video creation since I've been a YouTuber for nearly a decade and love it.

Well there is always the C.R.I.B where people such as myself post resources for all Freedom members to use. There are quite a few thumbnail templates there as is. If your desperate and want something basic or a custom template I may be able to help. just send me a PM (Inbox) if your interested.​

Mr Grim

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Swansea
YouTube
swanseajack999
Hi dev hows things could you have another look at my channel please I have change a few things that you mentioned before so hopefully it will be a bit better. Thanks buddy.

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I would Like a Review, Please!

Hello, here's your review.

Well starting on your homepage, I liked that amount of content you had on it, but it could have been changed up near the top so it not just playlists in the same style one after the other. Just try and experiment around with it a bit. Going into the channel are your avatar is hella loud and hosestly hard to see. I'm part colourblind and the background makes it so I can't make out the middle without really focusing. The banner has a lot of good stuff in it though to me the main text looked blurred which kinda ruined it for me. Moving to your thumbnails I liked the amount that was in them and the consistent style but I don't like the background been the same on each thumbnail and the text which is too small to read and unclear. These need some work. The rest of your channel is good with the exemption of the channel links as you have 2 grey globe issues. The first is probably fixable by using this https://www.facebook.com/MusicClues instead of https://www.facebook.com/MusicClues-1109372949086675/?ref=hl. While the other one needs the normal fix which you can see here:
Finally watching your latest video, The intro was WAY TOO LONG! I got bored of it within the first 3 seconds. Most will just click off after that. It isn't really necessary to have it that long if to even have an intro. The music itself was nice though and deserves move views. But its the rest of your work that lets it down here. The video description could be a lot more detailed, including social links 'n' stuff & there could be more tags on the video to get better SEO.

Overall rating: 4/10
Hi dev hows things could you have another look at my channel please I have change a few things that you mentioned before so hopefully it will be a bit better. Thanks buddy.
Hello again :). Here's an updated Review.

Starting on the homepage, Its nice to see you promoting other channels work :) But it would still be nice to see some difference in layout. see my channel if you want see what I mean. Looking at your channel trailer. I like where you were going with it. Maybe end with the text instead of starting with it. It just makes it a bit more engaging. Moving to your channel art, I see this has changed a lot. I liked the simplicity of the avatar. But the banner, to me, was a bit too dark around the text. Making it hard to see the G & M in places, It also lacks anything else really, Maybe expand it a bit to fill the space (the new YT layout makes the banner bigger so this may be necessary in the future if YT force the new layout on us). Going to your thumbnails, ones from videos like "Season Challenges Week 1 - Ghost Recon Wildlands" are pretty bad, the text is just half unreadable form the season text. Its the same with most of them really and your still using the same background on some games though its nice to see your trying to avoid doing this now. Going to the rest of your channel I felt the description could be a bit longer that one line. Finally watching your latest video; The intro is WAY TOO LONG!, I got bored of your intro in the first 4 seconds. Though I felt the video its self had great audio balance and was pretty good.

MusicClues

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
Music Plant Zone
YouTube
djmusicclues
Hello, here's your review.

Well starting on your homepage, I liked that amount of content you had on it, but it could have been changed up near the top so it not just playlists in the same style one after the other. Just try and experiment around with it a bit. Going into the channel are your avatar is hella loud and hosestly hard to see. I'm part colourblind and the background makes it so I can't make out the middle without really focusing. The banner has a lot of good stuff in it though to me the main text looked blurred which kinda ruined it for me. Moving to your thumbnails I liked the amount that was in them and the consistent style but I don't like the background been the same on each thumbnail and the text which is too small to read and unclear. These need some work. The rest of your channel is good with the exemption of the channel links as you have 2 grey globe issues. The first is probably fixable by using this https://www.facebook.com/MusicClues instead of https://www.facebook.com/MusicClues-1109372949086675/?ref=hl. While the other one needs the normal fix which you can see here:
Finally watching your latest video, The intro was WAY TOO LONG! I got bored of it within the first 3 seconds. Most will just click off after that. It isn't really necessary to have it that long if to even have an intro. The music itself was nice though and deserves move views. But its the rest of your work that lets it down here. The video description could be a lot more detailed, including social links 'n' stuff & there could be more tags on the video to get better SEO.

Overall rating: 4/10

Thank You for the Feedback. The Thumbnails I will work on. I'm Always Looking for A New Style but I Try to follow the Style of the Latest Sonic Games and Channels are Using Sometimes. The Style I use right now is For the Upcoming 2D Sonic Game, Sonic Mania. I'll Work on Making the Text Bigger too. As For My Profile Pic, I'm SO Sorry. My Birthday was Yesterday so I Changed it in Honor of That. I'm Changing it Back Right Now.
If you Thought My Current Intro was, You Should've Seen My First one, That One was a Whole Minute Long. I'll Work on Making a New Shorter One though.

Usually I Do have my Links in The Videos, But I use iMovie to Export DIRECTY to YouTube and It Doesn't add My Upload Defaults for the Description. I'll Add Them Myself to all video to all Videos from this Point Forward.

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Can you please review my channel

Hello, Here is your review;

Starting on your homepage, I liked the amount of content on it but there could be some variety in layout style. See my channel to get an idea of what I mean. Your channel art is reasonable, I felt the logo could have been a bit brighter so the small details could be seen without having to look really carefully. The banner has a lot going on in it, but there are some things I didn't like with it. The lens flare is kinda pointless and makes the main text harder to read. The use of two rather different fonts on the banner text & the random person thingy on the bottom middle were the most obvious problems I could see with it. Looking at your thumbnails, they need a lot of work. I feel like you are try a Vanoss gaming style with some of them. Just don't, make your own style, it will pay off in the future. Also try to find transparent images for logos, what you have now looks like a 8 year old did it in paint at school to be honest. The text in the thumbnails are also sometimes hard to read and to small. Looking over the rest of your channel you have a good description and amount of social links. I would recommend having a twitter for your channel as using things like #FreedomFamily can help get you content seen on there as they retweet your content for you. Finally watching your latest video. Your intro was WAY TOO LONG!!! I got bored of your intro in the first 2 seconds. Also it wasn't related to gaming as a whole, more towards Minecraft. However the content was okay, some ambient music would be nice and your mic could be a bit louder. Your description could also be a bit better to help with SEO.

Overall Rating: 4/10

Reactions: diondro bowles

diondro bowles

Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2016
bahamas
YouTube
Hello, Here is your review;

Starting on your homepage, I liked the amount of content on it but there could be some variety in layout style. See my channel to get an idea of what I mean. Your channel art is reasonable, I felt the logo could have been a bit brighter so the small details could be seen without having to look really carefully. The banner has a lot going on in it, but there are some things I didn't like with it. The lens flare is kinda pointless and makes the main text harder to read. The use of two rather different fonts on the banner text & the random person thingy on the bottom middle were the most obvious problems I could see with it. Looking at your thumbnails, they need a lot of work. I feel like you are try a Vanoss gaming style with some of them. Just don't, make your own style, it will pay off in the future. Also try to find transparent images for logos, what you have now looks like a 8 year old did it in paint at school to be honest. The text in the thumbnails are also sometimes hard to read and to small. Looking over the rest of your channel you have a good description and amount of social links. I would recommend having a twitter for your channel as using things like #FreedomFamily can help get you content seen on there as they retweet your content for you. Finally watching your latest video. Your intro was WAY TOO LONG!!! I got bored of your intro in the first 2 seconds. Also it wasn't related to gaming as a whole, more towards Minecraft. However the content was okay, some ambient music would be nice and your mic could be a bit louder. Your description could also be a bit better to help with SEO.

the random guy in my banner is a group why sponseor me

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I would like a channel review as well please. Been busy changing a lot of stuff up!

Hello, Here's your review:

Starting on your homepage, I liked the amount of content you had on it but I would've preferred to see some variety in layout. Check my channel to see what I mean. Looking at your channel art, I recall made a banner for you a while back. If you want another you can request one. I say this cause the art isn't that great. Its not the worst I've seen but there are stretched images and text in it and even some pixelation. I also felt the same with your thumbnails. I like the amount of effort put into them but there is some much in stretched text / images in them it just ruins it for me. Check the rest of your channel it would be nice to have a full description & to have your social links on your channel so we can get to them with ease. Finally checking out your latest video, While I found the commentary good, the video was really short. Your description could also contain more detail about the game in general.

Overall Rating: 3/10
Hi Dev_J can you please review our Channel??

Here's Your Review.

Starting with your homepage. i liked the amount of content, but I felt the page was a bit long. You can easily make the page shorter by using a multiple playlist container in vertical mode. I looked at your channel trailer. I didn't really like it. You were rather stretched in the video, the music was way too loud and the video itself was a bit long for a trailer. Looking at your channel art, I liked the avatar though the font could be something different than Indiana Jones as that isn't really unique to your channel. I also felt your banner could be improved a little to have the background blurred a little and the text centred to the banner. Looking at your thumbnails I felt there could be a lot done to improve them. The text in them is quite small and sometimes impossible to read over the background of the thumbnail. The corner channel plug in some of them is just too small to see. Maybe make a kinda simple logo for your channel to put there or just place it in them. Looking at the rest of your channel I liked the description, but you have a grey globe error on your twitter link. see how to fix that here:

Lastly watching your latest video, The intro you had was WAY TOO LONG!!!! otherwise the content was okay & good work on your description :) its nice and detailed which is something I don't see often.