Who is a full-time Youtuber?

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
As a small youtuber you could probably make alot more money selling stock video footage these days than actually doing youtube...

Sites like Video blocks will buy clips for decent prices if you have high quality clips...

Reactions: Brent Cone

Scott_Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
As a small youtuber you could probably make alot more money selling stock video footage these days than actually doing youtube...

Sites like Video blocks will buy clips for decent prices if you have high quality clips...

rly? that's interesting. But you wouldn't own the right to your videos anymore would you?

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
rly? that's interesting. But you wouldn't own the right to your videos anymore would you?
Were not talking youtube videos... just clips...

They will buy things like hd and 4k stock footage of animals or nature, city stuff... whatever...

I'm not real sure if you retain ownership...
But really... we're just talking clips... not produced videos... They will buy templates too...

Reactions: PinoyGamerChris

Scott_Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Were not talking youtube videos... just clips...

They will buy things like hd and 4k stock footage of animals or nature, city stuff... whatever...

I'm not real sure if you retain ownership...
But really... we're just talking clips... not produced videos... They will buy templates too...

Ahh ok. I get what you mean. Maybe I should branch out into clip production ;)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I'm not quite there, though I'm gaining quickly. July was $96, August will be about $$250, and September so far is looking even better. I figure if this growth continues, I'll be making about $500+ a month by the end of the year.
I'm going to put up that you'll likely see a ridiculous drop by the end of Christmas. CPM's will collapse (again) and your income will be [at least] halved.

lindahicks

Rising User
Jul 19, 2015
YouTube
I would love to make YouTube more of a full-time "job" than working two part-time jobs that in the end I work seven days a week. I just simply don't have them money to invest in the camera and the lighting equipment that is required for a full-time job.

Reactions: themodof1

themodof1

Sage Of Insanity
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2015
Florida
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Someday :D
(looks at sub count ((41)) )
(About to make 100th video)...
(This may take sometime)...[DOUBLEPOST=1442242478][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would love to make YouTube more of a full-time "job" than working two part-time jobs that in the end I work seven days a week. I just simply don't have them money to invest in the camera and the lighting equipment that is required for a full-time job.
Holy crap...Another Hicks on freedom :D
(My name is Brett Hicks) :D

Last edited:

Scott_Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Someday :D
(looks at sub count ((41)) )
(About to make 100th video)...
(This may take sometime)...[DOUBLEPOST=1442242478][/DOUBLEPOST]
Holy crap...Another Hicks on free :D

Always believe you will explode someday :) I had a video in July that got a 100 views over night (that's an instant all time high). Before that I may have started to lose confidence that I could ever make it a career or atleast be most of my income. but 100 views in like 12 hours? that was great motivation for me :) Now I average about at 40 views in the first 24 hours after a video is released. Which is good considering I have around 35 Subs. Shows me most of them must watch the video :)

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
Well, as much as I want to be full-time, my current subscriber number isn't really going to put food on the table just yet. If I am to go full-time, I should've tons or half a million subs before I can say that this is actually something good, and I am getting paid high for this, I should do this for a living. But in the meantime, I'll just focus on my studies, and use my channel to entertain people and give them high quality videos! :))

Scott_Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Well, as much as I want to be full-time, my current subscriber number isn't really going to put food on the table just yet. If I am to go full-time, I should've tons or half a million subs before I can say that this is actually something good, and I am getting paid high for this, I should do this for a living. But in the meantime, I'll just focus on my studies, and use my channel to entertain people and give them high quality videos! :))

Sounds like a plan! :)

themodof1

Sage Of Insanity
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2015
Florida
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Always believe you will explode someday :) I had a video in July that got a 100 views over night (that's an instant all time high). Before that I may have started to lose confidence that I could ever make it a career or atleast be most of my income. but 100 views in like 12 hours? that was great motivation for me :) Now I average about at 40 views in the first 24 hours after a video is released. Which is good considering I have around 35 Subs. Shows me most of them must watch the video :)

Why thank you :p
To tell the truth I have 3 account active on youtube :D
I do gaming, narration and graphic design...

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
WAIT!! So you honestly can get paid on youtube??? O_0 Nah, jk! ;) I'm not a full time youtuber, I do Youtube for fun and the money don't mean anything to me! :) It would be cool to make a living out of Youtube but that's just a dream for me! ;)

Reactions: Scott_Plays