Who is a full-time Youtuber?

Scott_Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hey Guys!

I've been looking for a "real" job for the last month and it just got me wondering: Who here in the Freedom Network is a full-time Youtuber? Where the only income is from doing youtube videos. Or just most of the income.

Who is actually living off of Youtube?

Just was wondering :)

Cheers Guys! :D

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
me

however I don't really care about income
i just enjoy doing it
I'm not sure if you could consider yourself full-time if you don't care for income. Going full-time means you plan to live solely off of the funds generated through your YouTube channel.

Last edited:

Scott_Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I Really Do Care About The $$

Me too. But I really don't want to be full-time. My problem is, if it's full-time it's my job. I wouldn't have a yang to balance it out. If I work a job two times a week, I'd still have time to edit and all, whilst in my head it's still a hobby. Not an obligation. That way my job as a waiter or the newspaper delivery guy is my ying and Youtube being my hobby would be my yang.

Does any of this make sense to anyone else than me?

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I'd say full time in the sense that I upload at least 1 video every day sometimes 2. But do I do it for a living? Nope not even close. Maybe if my channel magically becomes 100 times bigger over night that will change but that is not going to happen :p

not sure if freedom has big channels that do YT fulltime

Naturally with over 130,000 channels there are plenty of people capable of doing it full time: http://socialblade.com/youtube/network/freedom/topusers/mostsubscribed

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Me too. But I really don't want to be full-time. My problem is, if it's full-time it's my job. I wouldn't have a yang to balance it out. If I work a job two times a week, I'd still have time to edit and all, whilst in my head it's still a hobby. Not an obligation. That way my job as a waiter or the newspaper delivery guy is my ying and Youtube being my hobby would be my yang.

Does any of this make sense to anyone else than me?
I Was Trying To Say Before Spell Check Killed It Is "I Don't Care About The $$"

Scott_Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I Was Trying To Say Before Spell Check Killed It Is "I Don't Care About The $$"

Ahh. Ok well that's cool to. ;)

But I meant it the way I said it. Not in a evil corporate way. The fun in creating content is still more important to me. But I feel like I would lie if I didn't say I like the money. But thats a personal thing. It always bothers me when some big Youtuber comes and says he/she doesn't care about the money... No offense. :) I think it's great that you say that! :)

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Hey Guys!

I've been looking for a "real" job for the last month and it just got me wondering: Who here in the Freedom Network is a full-time Youtuber? Where the only income is from doing youtube videos. Or just most of the income.

Who is actually living off of Youtube?

Just was wondering :)

Cheers Guys! :D
I'm not quite there, though I'm gaining quickly. July was $96, August will be about $$250, and September so far is looking even better. I figure if this growth continues, I'll be making about $500+ a month by the end of the year.