What do you guys record games with?

BliZil

Rising User
Feb 6, 2016
YouTube
I just use Nvidia GeForce experience, has been doing good for me... Really good quality, but rather huge files as well. My usual video length is 20-30 and it is maybe 7 GB? lol
I have to use other application to cut down the graphics for quicker youtube upload time

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
I use OBS to record games but i want to know what you guys use.
I use OBS for live streaming, and it records at the same time. When I'm just recording though I use a full version of Bandicam. I find the quality of my Bandicam recordings to be better than the OBS recordings; but to be fair, my obs recordings are under streaming settings so that might be why. I just fell in love with Bandicam when I got started and don't have the heart to break up with it possibly. Change can be hard!

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
I used to use Dxtory with the x264 codec, but have since moved onto Nvidia Shadowplay/Share. A lot of people use the default settings (which are way overkill, 'cause YouTube compresses down to 7 Mbps), but mine is in the range of about 10-15 Mbps, which creates much more manageable file sizes.
Apart from that, I tried OBS but couldn't figure it out, as well as Mirillis Action!.

The Bossman

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
I use Dxtory and Xsplit on PC. Dependant on the game and whether or not I am live. I also have Elgato HD60 for console games.

OneHeartVice

Rising User
Feb 9, 2016
YouTube
I use Nvidia Shadow play. I used to use Frapps but it caused a lot of lag and the file sizes were just beyond ridiculous. The only issue with shadowplay is that it records at a variable framerate, which is fine if you're going to edit in sony vegas pro because it can handle variable framerates. But I use premiere pro to edit my videos which means I have to process the videos through Handbrake and put them at a constant framerate instead of a variable framerate, which can take some time.
So yeah, shadowplay. It's so easy to use and it was free.

FlareWolf

Well-Known User
Jun 11, 2014
YouTube
I use fraps because it's simple however the file size is huge, and it lowers the framerate. I'm waiting to get a new PC so i can use Nvidia Shadowplay.

ProHenis

Respected User
May 8, 2014
United States
YouTube
I personally used Dxtory and OBS for a while but now I've started to use NVIDIA Shadowplay because it's extremely lightweight (very little impact on CPU and GPU usage), records in excellent quality, I can record my facecam along with it, and the filesizes are very reasonable!

TinyForge

Rising User
Feb 3, 2016
YouTube
TheStreamerGuy
1. I use Lolio Game Recorder (PC window Capture Software). Creates high quality, high file size footage.
2. Then throw it into Sony Vegas Pro 10 to split it to get all the good parts of the footage.
3. Throw it into Adobe After Effects CC and add my voice overs (made in Audacity) and stitch together my video together along with some slight adjustments.
4. After rendering the video, I capture an interesting part of the video to use as a thumbnail, throw the image into Photoshop and create the custom thumbnail.
5. Finally, we load up the upload button on YouTube and begin adding the meta data to my video.

Go check out the videos that are produced from this method.

Reactions: FlareWolf