What do you guys record games with?

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
I use OBS just like a lot of people here apparently. However, I am looking into buying a 6 month license for xSplit and using that now that I have a gaming rig that can handle it. I tried using fraps for a while, but found it to have a lot of problems for me.

I have an ElGato card that I used for recording from my xbox. I still love that thing, but it hasn't seen use in quite some time.

RunDevilRun007

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 23, 2015
Seoul, Republic of Korea
YouTube
SevDivine
Bandicam what do you think about it?

I use Bandicam for all my recording and it works beautifully, minimal to no frame rate impact even on my ****** laptop. And it saves my commentary audio in a separate file for me to edit later. I'd recommend it

That's interesting for me Action was a nightmare on my system but Dxtory was my savior. I also use Fraps for emulator recording.

I just had too many problems with Dxtory. I never used Action and Fraps just lagged too damn much.

Print USMC

Freedom! Member
Recording depends on the game and the machine mostly
if im on my craptop (laptop) i record with obs
if i am on my gaming rig i prefer to record with xsplit for the chromakey that it gives

hope this has helped.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I use Bandicam for all my recording and it works beautifully, minimal to no frame rate impact even on my ****** laptop. And it saves my commentary audio in a separate file for me to edit later. I'd recommend it

I just had too many problems with Dxtory. I never used Action and Fraps just lagged too damn much.
Yeah one thing I found out is that a lot of times it depends on your system which program is best for you. I was going to go with Bandicam if Dxtory hadn't worked out.