What do you guys record games with?

CarbonMeister

Call Of Duty YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
I dug around google a bit and found out that there is indeed a glitch to bypass the 5 minute limit on the DVR, not sure what the max is. I tried it out and got over 9 minutes of gameplay before I voluntarily stopped recording. I've heard people claim they recorded over 20 minutes, some claim they can only record 10, others say they can barely go over 5 so I'm gonna experiment more. But this is incredibly useful :D
Glad i could help out by mentioning it! :p

Reactions: RunDevilRun007

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
I am using OBS too. Sometimes I get some bugs like lagging but they are updating their product so I guess the program is still upgrading and i guess it can become even better and it is free. :)

Al Valentyn

Mac Gaming Connoisseur
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
On Windows I primarily use DxTory for the best quality, and in the odd game that doesn't play well I use OBS.

For OSX, I use Screenflow. I would love if Telestream brought it to Windows as it's easily the best I've ever used.

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
I used to use fraps but because of the huge file size I switched to Mirillis Action. The file size is pretty small and there is so much customization with recording settings. Also I love that you can split the audio files into game audio and mic audio so you can adjust the sound levels one each. Unfortunately I had to change editing software because I switched to Action but it was worth it! I also have Dxtory and a program from AMD but I haven't used those yet.

DaMeenie

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 14, 2015
YouTube
DaMeenie
I use mainly FRAPS to record PC, or my HDPVR as a second resort (and also for console games), and OBS to stream and last resort for PC recording. BECAUSE OBS IS TRAAAAAAASH.

TheDjAsMe

New User
Jan 11, 2016
Greece
YouTube
I used to use fraps but because of the huge file size I switched to OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) and Shadow Play.This two programs are the best and i dont think that i have problem with these two programs.For my recording audio i use Audacity,this program is very helpful and i can remove background sounds!!!:):):)

Will9999

Rising User
Oct 28, 2015
YouTube
I use an Elgato HD. I tried using OBS, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work properly (kept getting a black screen) so I just use the recording software the Elgato came with. Works good for me.