What do you guys record games with?

Panic Puppet Gaming

Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE! ENGLAND!
twitter.com
YouTube
I tend to use OBS when im using the Elgato card as it has a second or so delay so i tend to use it to sync everything up well.. try! easier said than done even with OBS! be interesting to know if anyone else gets that delay and they're way of tackling it!

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Never used action, i've heard alot about it though, might purchase it if it's worthwhile - with regards to the delay on the Elgato does Action sort that out, or can you configure it to accommodate that delay?
Never used action, i've heard alot about it though, might purchase it if it's worthwhile - with regards to the delay on the Elgato does Action sort that out, or can you configure it to accommodate that delay?
Action Is For Screen Recording For The PC

CarbonMeister

Call Of Duty YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
How? It only records like 5 minutes of gameplay... o_O
Idk why everyone says that lol all of my recording have been 9 Minutes+ did i discover like some secret glitch or method to pass 5 minutes?... Cause i've never EVER been capped at 5 minutes of recording.

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
I record with Action!-- produces high quality videos with small file sizes. I've tried AMD Raptr, OBS, Loila, Dxtory, D3DGear, and a few others. Some of these Game Capture recorders have crashed my games or have simply just not worked. Action! has been consistent and it has worked with every game that I've played thus far.

CarbonMeister

Call Of Duty YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
You obviously did because my xbox one DVR only allows recordings up to 5 minutes then it just stops, no exceptions.
This is straight out of my Upload Studio on the xbox site if you see in the bottom most of my videos recorded with the DVR are 9+ minutes... So odd i thought it was normal that i was able to pass the limit lol.. Might have to make a video about this and share it with the community could save people a lot of money not only can i record whatever video but i also get it 1080p

RunDevilRun007

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 23, 2015
Seoul, Republic of Korea
YouTube
SevDivine
This is straight out of my Upload Studio on the xbox site if you see in the bottom most of my videos recorded with the DVR are 9+ minutes... So odd i thought it was normal that i was able to pass the limit lol.. Might have to make a video about this and share it with the community could save people a lot of money not only can i record whatever video but i also get it 1080p

I dug around google a bit and found out that there is indeed a glitch to bypass the 5 minute limit on the DVR, not sure what the max is. I tried it out and got over 9 minutes of gameplay before I voluntarily stopped recording. I've heard people claim they recorded over 20 minutes, some claim they can only record 10, others say they can barely go over 5 so I'm gonna experiment more. But this is incredibly useful :D