What do you guys record games with?

MrTrixxPlays

Freedom! Member
Aug 3, 2015
YouTube
ProudToBeRob
I have different things that I use for different situations so I will give you both setups.

PC Gaming:
Fraps (Not used as much anymore)
Mirillis Action! (My normal software and I love it)
Camtasia Pro (Don't use it to record with, but best editor I have ever owned)

Console Gaming:
HD PVR (In a box somewhere)
Elgato Game Capture HD (Don't use it anymore but I loved it)
Elgato Game Capture HD60 (Wonderful upgrade and constantly updated)

Here is the thing though, I honestly don't record much of console games anymore so I basically stick with my PC.

SGAHGAMER

Rising User
Jan 21, 2016
YouTube
I use OBS to record games but i want to know what you guys use.
I tend to vary depending on what game it is. Sometimes I use fraps, other times I use OBS but ShadowPlay is my most common recorder as it is simpler and doesn't really need setting changes that much. I only use OBS for things on the internet or games ShadowPlay refuses to record

Reactions: AmiR A

AmiR A

AmiR Vox
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2014
United Kingdom
YouTube
I was using all the time XSplit but to be honest after the release of the new OBS Multiplatform 0.31.1 i really uninstall xSplit becuase now OBS studio 0.31.1 Is the best in my opinion Capture card works with it and everything is cool quite nice and doesn't hurt the CPU as much as xsplit

Reactions: DeagleEyeGaming90

Ethan Wu

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2015
YouTube
I recommended Action! if you have extra $30 but OBS was what I use for most of my channel's video.

Nightmares Liz

Channel: www.youtube.com/user/NightmaresLiz
Freedom! Member
Aug 23, 2014
Toronto
YouTube
NightmaresLiz
I use a mixture of a lot of things. I use Elgato for my consoles and then XSplit or Bandicam for my pc games. But if you wonder for phone games, I use a app that isn't too bad for a free app ^w^