Offering Need a review?

StormMoreno

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
Ohio, United States
YouTube
StormMoreno
@StormMoreno Hey, thanks i try to do the best reviews i can :D so lets get started :)

Channel Trailer: I like how it starts, the audio is a little loud, but that's probably because my speakers are a turned up a little too much xD Also do you use audacity to record your voice? cause you can edit it and export it as a .wav file straight into your editor, then sync it up and you'll have none of the slight background noice i'm hearing as it cuts in :), Overall i like the trailer's content, I can understand what you're talking about and you feature alot of games that people like and will enjoy, but a minute is rather long, i'd say a good channel trailer needs to be around 30 seconds, a minute is fine, it's just many people have short attention spans :D Overall i'd say you could speedily run through everything in about 30 seconds :) I like the whole "get on the train" thing too :p Many successful YouTubers have a little catchphrase to their subscribers! Also talk a little bit more about yourself, viewers love that they can engage personally to a youtuber i feel :D

Thumbnails: Honestly i see nothing needed to be changed here, it all looks great to me, not too much stuff in the background, the text is a good size and readable on my pc, not sure about phone :) maybe a few of them like the "best doctor ever" would need to be a tad bigger with the text :) But yeah, they're funny, they're related to the video. Thats all there is to say really :)

Channel art/Profile pic: I personally love your channel banner, it's really cool, my only slight pet peeve is that the guys face on the left is covered by the picture placement, it's YouTube's fault really for the location they put the profile pic, but maybe you could put a picture of your face as the profile pic to match with the guy xD that'd be pretty funny! Also, i like that you include links to social media on the banner too. Overall i like it.

Commentary/Videos: I watch a couple of seconds of the newest oblivion one, maybe you should cut out the little intro where you're checking if the recording is on haha :) It's alright but it's a small bit unprofessional :D the audio quality is actually pretty good, and the game sound is not too loud on this particular video (Oblivion part 16, just for ur reference). I'll watch a couple others and see if the sound is good on them :) Ah yes, in your software inc video it starts with your voice straight away, must've been just that one video haha, my bad :) Again on the other video's i checked the sound quality is great. The commentary is also fine at the moment. Could use a few more "meme" jokes in there, say as your commentating throw a few popular memes into the screen as your saying them, people love that ****. :)

I also notice a few silences during some of your commentating too, thats not entirely bad, as some it it's during text parts, which gives ur viewers time to read etc, but most YouTubers cut out most of that unless it's important plot points! :) As i've said earlier, people's attention span's are getting lower, so shorter video's are always great! My shorter 2 minute videos' tend to do alot better in views than my longer full gameplay video's :)

Descriptions/About page: Your descriptions are good, they include all of your social media links and they have credits to music etc used in the video :) While they aren't that long, such as not including much information about the video itself, some people have a view option on youtube that includes the first sentence below the video, try using the first sentence in the description to mention one of the best parts, or a little teaser into why they should click on your video, y'know? :) Your about page is actually fine, it's rare i find one filled out haha! but it could include a few more personal details, such as age + a GENERAL location, e.g. I've got mine as the country Wales, it's generalised so people can't find you, but they enjoy getting to know the person they're investing time into should they subscribe :)

Intro/Outro: You don't have an intro, which for some is fine, but a couple of seconds with a graphic logo can reallllllly help reinforce your brand in people's minds :) so if they see something similar to your logo they might remember it and check back up on your video's. I like the outro, it could use a bit more graphics, say maybe ask somebody on freedom to design some cool graphics for your outro? Like a storm or something that links people to your Channel Name aswell! :)

Generally i can see your channel going far friend, and you've earned a subscriber from me for all the video's you've managed to produce in a short time, i'm impressed friend :) Thanks for the kind words on my reviews, and keep enjoying making content :)

@Misleading Winks Thanks for the review mate! When I was making my channel trailer I did not think much about the ending get on the train. I just was like I need something to end it off, but I like it has a good impact. Also about my graphics I don't like asking people to do stuff for me, I want to try and make a channel and brand by myself so it truly represents who I am. By the way thanks for the review, I can't thank you enough for the great feedback.

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
@Misleading Winks Thanks for the review mate! When I was making my channel trailer I did not think much about the ending get on the train. I just was like I need something to end it off, but I like it has a good impact. Also about my graphics I don't like asking people to do stuff for me, I want to try and make a channel and brand by myself so it truly represents who I am. By the way thanks for the review, I can't thank you enough for the great feedback.

@StormMoreno No problem dude! Happy to help! :) I still gotta think of my own little thing to say before finishing a video haha! "Don't be a w**ker, be a winker ;)" or something haha xD

Also to anyone else who's asked for a review, I'll be doing alot of them tomorrow as i have some spare time :)

Reactions: StormMoreno

voleN

New User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
Hey Winks! I'd love for you to review my channel! Any feedback is good feedback in my opinion. I don't yet have 5 posts though, but if you Right Click on my profile picture near my Subscribe button below, and open it in a new tab, it will take you right to my channel! Cheers, and thanks in advanced!

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
Hey! Review time. Sorry it's taken so long everyone i'll be doing all of the reviews on this post very soon! (Let me know if i miss anyone out via Msg) ;)
@HelSummonz
Channel Trailer: The length of the trailer itself is perfect! 24 seconds is great! As I've said in other reviews, people's attentions spans are dwindling. Therefore short, sweet video's often get a large number of views, unless you of course build your viewership on longer video's from the start. There are people who like both or either! :) You also mention lots of series on your channel of popular games which will interest a wide variety of people. You say exactly what needs to be said and nothing more or less. I like it! :)

Thumbnails: The thumbnails for the most part are great! There are a few which i noticed have a marked lower quality than others. Which if people look at your "video's" section as a whole, they may notice the slight lack of effort in some of them :) For example: "Overwatch - Episode 15 - Roadhog" Has Roadhog and a yellow background with some text haha. It's not a huge thing, most people won't care, but there are many a pedantic fellow on YouTube :) (Just gonna add Video Title's as a little subsection to the thumbnail section of my review format from now on)
Video Titles: Your titles, for the most part are a little formal, and while i personally like that cause it helps me navigate through them easier, click-bait titles are unfortunately what rules the YouTube scene for the most part right now. Having keywords in your title and the first line of your description can increase views massively!

Channel Art/Profile Pic: It looks nice, but there could be some improvements. The profile picture is fine, blends into the background perfectly and reinforces the brand "HS". But the background with just the flames i feel is a little, not... cliche, but has been done before if you know what i mean. The Terraria character feels a little out of place next to the flames, given your name i feel maybe a little more Hell-ish things on there? Maybe some demons/monsters from games you play. Just so that Terraria character isn't so lonely all by himself.

Videos/Commentary: The video you put with your post, the baby game one, I personally enjoyed. The audio quality was fine, the jokes were great. But i think there were a few moments of silence where you or your friend said nothing. Most popular YouTubers cut the bits with silence out, as younger viewers (which is a majority share of YouTube audience) have shorter attention spans, and silence bores them fast. The commentary without silence is fine however. Very well practised + professionally done.
Intro/Outro: The intro doesn't really match artistically to your channel art/logo, think of YouTube like an actual business. In a business branding is one of the most important aspects, having something linking throughout your channel is important and is gives the viewer a sense of consistency, while i like the intro as it's short and unique (really all you need) I feel your channel is a little all over the place with branding. As the intro doesn't link up much to the "Hellsummonz" name :) Also branding is really helpful later on when you grow your channel and want to sell merchandise. You can't sell shirts without a brand! The outro is fine, you say goodbye to your viewers etc, but it may help to ask people to like the video, maybe ask them to check out your social media sites etc, people really don't mind. They hear it a million times from all the YouTubers, it's going to sink in eventually haha! :)

Descriptions/About Page:
About Page is perfect, way more info than i usually see on one! Which is good. People like to get to know the YouTubers they're watching :p Your descriptions could use a little work. The first line of your descriptions you should try to sneak a few keywords as YouTube uses them in their search algorithm, more keywords you have in your title/description/tags etc the more views you will get, meaning the more exponential growth :) It's called SEO, I've briefly touched on it here, you should google SEO it's useful stuff :) Also try to include/create Social media outlets for your channel. Nothing makes a channel grow faster than a Twitter/Reddit/Facebook explosion haha :)

Overall Thoughts/Conclusion: Your channel is good friend, a little work on a few of the things I've mentioned here and hopefully you'll see your viewership increase! :) Of course in these early stages there's no rush to get all the things I've said here done and there's always plenty of time to get your channel as far as you want it to go. It all just takes time hah! ;)

HelSummonz

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 5, 2016
YouTube
Hey! Review time. Sorry it's taken so long everyone i'll be doing all of the reviews on this post very soon! (Let me know if i miss anyone out via Msg) ;)
@HelSummonz
Channel Trailer: The length of the trailer itself is perfect! 24 seconds is great! As I've said in other reviews, people's attentions spans are dwindling. Therefore short, sweet video's often get a large number of views, unless you of course build your viewership on longer video's from the start. There are people who like both or either! :) You also mention lots of series on your channel of popular games which will interest a wide variety of people. You say exactly what needs to be said and nothing more or less. I like it! :)

Thumbnails: The thumbnails for the most part are great! There are a few which i noticed have a marked lower quality than others. Which if people look at your "video's" section as a whole, they may notice the slight lack of effort in some of them :) For example: "Overwatch - Episode 15 - Roadhog" Has Roadhog and a yellow background with some text haha. It's not a huge thing, most people won't care, but there are many a pedantic fellow on YouTube :) (Just gonna add Video Title's as a little subsection to the thumbnail section of my review format from now on)
Video Titles: Your titles, for the most part are a little formal, and while i personally like that cause it helps me navigate through them easier, click-bait titles are unfortunately what rules the YouTube scene for the most part right now. Having keywords in your title and the first line of your description can increase views massively!

Channel Art/Profile Pic: It looks nice, but there could be some improvements. The profile picture is fine, blends into the background perfectly and reinforces the brand "HS". But the background with just the flames i feel is a little, not... cliche, but has been done before if you know what i mean. The Terraria character feels a little out of place next to the flames, given your name i feel maybe a little more Hell-ish things on there? Maybe some demons/monsters from games you play. Just so that Terraria character isn't so lonely all by himself.

Videos/Commentary: The video you put with your post, the baby game one, I personally enjoyed. The audio quality was fine, the jokes were great. But i think there were a few moments of silence where you or your friend said nothing. Most popular YouTubers cut the bits with silence out, as younger viewers (which is a majority share of YouTube audience) have shorter attention spans, and silence bores them fast. The commentary without silence is fine however. Very well practised + professionally done.
Intro/Outro: The intro doesn't really match artistically to your channel art/logo, think of YouTube like an actual business. In a business branding is one of the most important aspects, having something linking throughout your channel is important and is gives the viewer a sense of consistency, while i like the intro as it's short and unique (really all you need) I feel your channel is a little all over the place with branding. As the intro doesn't link up much to the "Hellsummonz" name :) Also branding is really helpful later on when you grow your channel and want to sell merchandise. You can't sell shirts without a brand! The outro is fine, you say goodbye to your viewers etc, but it may help to ask people to like the video, maybe ask them to check out your social media sites etc, people really don't mind. They hear it a million times from all the YouTubers, it's going to sink in eventually haha! :)

Descriptions/About Page:
About Page is perfect, way more info than i usually see on one! Which is good. People like to get to know the YouTubers they're watching :p Your descriptions could use a little work. The first line of your descriptions you should try to sneak a few keywords as YouTube uses them in their search algorithm, more keywords you have in your title/description/tags etc the more views you will get, meaning the more exponential growth :) It's called SEO, I've briefly touched on it here, you should google SEO it's useful stuff :) Also try to include/create Social media outlets for your channel. Nothing makes a channel grow faster than a Twitter/Reddit/Facebook explosion haha :)

Overall Thoughts/Conclusion: Your channel is good friend, a little work on a few of the things I've mentioned here and hopefully you'll see your viewership increase! :) Of course in these early stages there's no rush to get all the things I've said here done and there's always plenty of time to get your channel as far as you want it to go. It all just takes time hah! ;)

Oh man, this is the best channel review i've gotten so far. Much appreciated!
Many of these points are currently being worked on.
I'll google the SEO thing you mentioned.
Thanks a lot ;)

Reactions: Misleading Winks

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Would love a review if possible, havnt been doing this very long and would like to know what people think so far, thanks.