Offering Need a review?

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
Just comment with your channel link + a very brief description of your channel. While i haven't been on youtube particularly long, i will provide any help that i can :)

I will send you the review to your personal account on here via messaging. As some people would prefer not to have a review on their actual youtube video, or just don't want everyone to be able to read their review. :)

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
Hey Misleading, I just got a new camera and I need your feedback! (Video is only 4 mins long!)

A review on the following topics is greatly appreciated!
-Thumbnail
-Description Box
-Commentary
-Info Provided
-Video Length

Thank you for your time! -Peter

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
Hey! I'll just post my review here, don't want to clutter your comments section! :)

Thumbnail: Looks great, the KFC logo isn't copyrighted right? you checked that you can use it without issue in your thumbnail yes? :) And the text is nice, but the exclamation point could have a larger gap between the top half and bottom half, as it sort of looks like a lower case l, spelling "Littel" y'know? :)

Description: Not much information here, there could be a small/brief little intro for people who want to know more about you, as well as you should include links to all of your social media outlets, such as twitter, facebook etc. While those can be included in annotations it's generally better to include the links in both annotations and the description!

Commentary: Now here's the real issue in my opinion, and while i understand greatly how difficult commentary can be, you might want to include some more cuts of the "stutter-y" parts, the audio quality is fine, but you yourself sometimes fumble a little and repeat yourself, this can easily be cut out and would also shorten your video, which given the attention span of people today, would be useful. What i find helpful if to write a small list of bullet points somewhere off camera than you can glance at to remind yourself of specific topics that will be relevant in your video. While it's not a script, it can help you should you get lost :)

Info provided: Great review, you gave your own personal opinions, what they could improve, what they did well and a solid review number of 8/10. Applying a number to something like this helps your viewers get the information they want faster. So if it were me, i'd show that section earlier, maybe around half way through the video, in order for people who may be getting bored to see the review number, and leave there should they desire.

Video length: Honestly i think it's a little long for the actual content of the video, but you sped it up nicely at points to shorten it to, while i wouldn't put music there along with it, that entirely up to you. In all actuality though, you could do this review video in under a minute! People are often very busy, and won't mind you heavily speeding up the parts where you are eating :) Plus you could do a series of "Speed reviews under a minute" or something like that. Which would draw in more viewers.

I personally thought it was a decent video. But you could do a little more to improve it, but the camera quality is great!

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
I didn't expect such a detailed review, so thanks, Misleading!
I'll answer some of the questions here.

*Yeah, the thumbnail should be fine.
*I normally put more info in the desc, but don't want to cluster it after adding the "Thanks" part.
*I actually already edited a bunch from the original video, but I'm sure I could have shortened to it at least 3 mins. The intro took a lot this time.
*You're absolutely right about the attention span! My average view duration for these are a minute. I'm trying to keep 'em as short as I can. 2 mins is probably my goal though.
*1 minute reviews seem interesting, but you can't really explain the item, that's not even including the intro and outro.
*I review as I eat, so it's like impromptu

Thanks again for the review!

Can we ask for a 2nd review?

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
@Peter Johnson Yeah i had some spare time on my hands :p and you helped me out by giving me things specifically to review XD

I tend not to worry about cluttering my description, as people will only read as much as they want to anyway. But again it's your choice, some people prefer to have a shorter + cleaner description. But annotations i feel are invaluable for social media, people rarely read the description anyway, so having your social media links on the video itself like, "twitter" in the top left, "facebook in the top right. etc.

People tend not to stick around for longer videos, attention span is lowering every day haha! But 2-3 minutes should be fine for your video's too! and i mean the "chewing" parts inbetween your little review comments, you could save a couple of seconds speeding that up some more :p And the one minute review thing would just mean you have to talk faster ;)

Yeah you can ask for a second review, i'll be doing yours along with @Jakespeare in a little bit, my finger's ache right now XD

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
Thanks again, Misleading!

This time, I'm not asking for a full in-dept review. Just a brief (brief!) summary of the video quality difference between 2 videos.
(Old Camera to New Camera) I know the new camera is a whole lot better, but I want to hear from other people. (2 out of 6 people gave feedback about the quality)
(Just need a brief post!)
This video compared to the Chicken Little one above (which you've reviewed) Thank you!

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
@Jakespeare Hey i checked out ur video, here's my review :)

First of all, Thumbnail: I like the thumbnails you have on your video's right now as a whole, i checked out your whole channel as well as that one video. They all align nicely on youtube and look neat and tidy, people like consistency like that :)

Intro: I really like the intro, and i usually don't like intro's longer than a few seconds, but yours is pretty cool so it's length is fine. :) Nothing else to say on the intro, looks great.

Commentary: The volume on the commentary itself was quite low, i tried it on both my speakers and headphones, but this can be easily fixed. I think overall you've gotten the hang of consistently speaking without breaks, but i notice you tend to say things like "y'know" alot, and i do that too, i need to work on it XD but i've noticed that big time youtubers tend to fix most of that with edits. Although sometimes you could do something funny with things like that, like edit all them together into a montage for example, "yeah" was one you used frequently too. It's not a bad thing, it's just how you talk and i noticed it alot xD Engaging with your current subscribers like you do is a great way to keep them active. And you've been replying to most of them which is good :)

There was no outro, which most people tend to look for annotations for social media links, and other videos. And end cards are also useful to get people who've watched one of your video's to watch more :) Most people tend not to stick around long enough to read the description, so it might help to use annotations some more :) Make sure not to make them too big/in the way, as then people simply turn them off haha! :L

Thats all i can think of for now, and i'll get to your second video soon Peter! :)

Jakespeare

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
SpeareJake
The "yknow" is a habit! xD and for the volume of the commentary was it low on the max? Because for me it's fine? Thanks for the feedback though mate! I do need to change that repetition of "yknow"!

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
Yeah i'm the same haha, i tend to say things like "uhh" or just pause mid sentence, so it's nothing bad XD I need to work on fixing mine :) Yeah i could hear it if i put it max on my headphones, but it was quiet for me compared to other video's, if i put a video on max on my speakers my house would shake so i didn't try that haha! :L But when i switched from watching your video to a music video the volume change was quite alot :)

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
@MusicClues I don't really know what to make of your channel, i'm no music expert but it all sounds pretty good so i can't really judge positively or negatively lmao XD
I like that you have social media links on your banner, but on your profile picture the white background doesn't really match up well with the light blue background, i'd suggest like a dark blue. Also i'd suggest the writing on the profile picture be bigger/darker colour :) as it's pretty hard to read.

Thumbnails aren't bad, they're colourful and eyecatching. Gamers will especially notice all the sonic stuff and respond via clickage xD so nice job on that!

The intro isn't that long, it's a good amount of time to have an intro at, the music fits nicely to it although I'm not entirely sure how the copyright situation is with sonic + it's music. But i guess since you're mixing it up you won't have a problem :)

While you don't have an outro, just a small couple of seconds on the end of each video, saying other suggested video's through annotations or a subscribe button would really help you out. As most people who watch youtube don't really read the descriptions.

Finally your channel trailer is fine, although a little short, you could include some more details about your channel, maybe if you're struggling for idea's let your fans know a little more about you yourself. People like to know about the person behind the video creation too, so around 5-10 seconds extra explaining who you are and why they should subscribe, or continue watching more video's would be helpful i think. Also filling out the "about" page some more could help people find out more about you.

Thats all i got for now haha, let me know if there's anything else specifically you want me to look at.