Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
@JarredSinclairTV
I like your banner alot, the social media links are good, and the colours are crazy without being too crazy XD Very original and they match the thumbnails and it looks really neat on your "video's" section. It suits the theme of your channel and video's nicely, the text on the banner is also legible and a good size compared to the banner, the white text sticks out extremely well with all the different colours surrounding it :)

Your channel trailer is really good, it made me laugh and got me actually more interested in your channel, which doesn't happen often :p You mention things about yourself aswell as what you'll be doing, so overall no negative things about it so far :p

In your newest video, i noticed after your intro when you include the cam alongside your game footage, the voice audio seems a little low. It may be equal with the game sounds which when **** gets intense, it's hard to hear your voice properly. It also sounds a little muffled on your actual voice, maybe thats the echo of your studio, maybe editing a little base into your audio will solve the echo? but other than that I like that you show a clip highlighting the video before your intro, it's very professional and you have an entire studio set up. Which again, shows professionalism and a dedication that not many small youtubers have. Which your viewers will respond positively towards :)

Now onto the intro itself, it's catchy, not lengthy and transitions well between you talking and the gameplay. The female vocals were a little loud compared to the rest of the video. But that is easily fixed :)

Now the outro, using the same music as the intro does provide a sense of consistency, but i'm not sure if i personally like that. I like that the gameplay is going on in the background and is blurred slightly, that isn't something i've seen often at all xD The text at the top should say "Check out some of my other video's" rather than just video, i know it's a spelling thing but some grammar nazi's out there will not like that xD Also you should include a "+" sign between "Don't forget to subscribe" and "Smash that like button" So it's like a continual sentence, could be something you say before ending the video! Everything else on the outro looks fine to me. :) Just some nitpicky stuff :)

Your descriptions are good, they include all of your social media links and is spaced out nicely so it's easy on the eyes, whereas you also credit any music/etc you used. I feel like your "about" section on YouTube could be a little more fleshed out, as people love details!

The length of your video's are suitable towards the type of video your doing as well, say your resident evil "lets play", is a good length for usual lets plays, as people who watch let's plays tend to not care about how long the video is, as they love to see detailed videos. Whereas your battlefield video length is around 8 minutes, which given the attention span of it's audience should be perfect.

Overall, I like your channel, and you've earned a sub from me! :)

MusicClues

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
Music Plant Zone
YouTube
djmusicclues
@MusicClues I don't really know what to make of your channel, i'm no music expert but it all sounds pretty good so i can't really judge positively or negatively lmao XD
I like that you have social media links on your banner, but on your profile picture the white background doesn't really match up well with the light blue background, i'd suggest like a dark blue. Also i'd suggest the writing on the profile picture be bigger/darker colour :) as it's pretty hard to read.

Thumbnails aren't bad, they're colourful and eyecatching. Gamers will especially notice all the sonic stuff and respond via clickage xD so nice job on that!

The intro isn't that long, it's a good amount of time to have an intro at, the music fits nicely to it although I'm not entirely sure how the copyright situation is with sonic + it's music. But i guess since you're mixing it up you won't have a problem :)

While you don't have an outro, just a small couple of seconds on the end of each video, saying other suggested video's through annotations or a subscribe button would really help you out. As most people who watch youtube don't really read the descriptions.

Finally your channel trailer is fine, although a little short, you could include some more details about your channel, maybe if you're struggling for idea's let your fans know a little more about you yourself. People like to know about the person behind the video creation too, so around 5-10 seconds extra explaining who you are and why they should subscribe, or continue watching more video's would be helpful i think. Also filling out the "about" page some more could help people find out more about you.

Thats all i got for now haha, let me know if there's anything else specifically you want me to look at.

Thanks.

I'm Glad you Like my Mashups and stuff.

My Profile Picture is from The Sonic Official Twitter so No way To make that Bigger. XD But I have others.
I won't Be Changing my Banner too Soon though since YouTube's Picky about that.

SEGA Doesn't Mind The use of Sonic Music as They Said Don't Deal with Copyright ID Anymore.

I Don't Really Like Using A Outro because People are there for the music, Not a AD Video.

As For My Bio, Can't really Say too Much. My Mom's VERY Protective of me so if I Say too much.......Bye Youtube. Also, I'm Gonna Co-host a Radio Show Soon So That will Boost my views and Subs.

JarredSinclairTV

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
@JarredSinclairTV
I like your banner alot, the social media links are good, and the colours are crazy without being too crazy XD Very original and they match the thumbnails and it looks really neat on your "video's" section. It suits the theme of your channel and video's nicely, the text on the banner is also legible and a good size compared to the banner, the white text sticks out extremely well with all the different colours surrounding it :)

Your channel trailer is really good, it made me laugh and got me actually more interested in your channel, which doesn't happen often :p You mention things about yourself aswell as what you'll be doing, so overall no negative things about it so far :p

In your newest video, i noticed after your intro when you include the cam alongside your game footage, the voice audio seems a little low. It may be equal with the game sounds which when **** gets intense, it's hard to hear your voice properly. It also sounds a little muffled on your actual voice, maybe thats the echo of your studio, maybe editing a little base into your audio will solve the echo? but other than that I like that you show a clip highlighting the video before your intro, it's very professional and you have an entire studio set up. Which again, shows professionalism and a dedication that not many small youtubers have. Which your viewers will respond positively towards :)

Now onto the intro itself, it's catchy, not lengthy and transitions well between you talking and the gameplay. The female vocals were a little loud compared to the rest of the video. But that is easily fixed :)

Now the outro, using the same music as the intro does provide a sense of consistency, but i'm not sure if i personally like that. I like that the gameplay is going on in the background and is blurred slightly, that isn't something i've seen often at all xD The text at the top should say "Check out some of my other video's" rather than just video, i know it's a spelling thing but some grammar nazi's out there will not like that xD Also you should include a "+" sign between "Don't forget to subscribe" and "Smash that like button" So it's like a continual sentence, could be something you say before ending the video! Everything else on the outro looks fine to me. :) Just some nitpicky stuff :)

Your descriptions are good, they include all of your social media links and is spaced out nicely so it's easy on the eyes, whereas you also credit any music/etc you used. I feel like your "about" section on YouTube could be a little more fleshed out, as people love details!

The length of your video's are suitable towards the type of video your doing as well, say your resident evil "lets play", is a good length for usual lets plays, as people who watch let's plays tend to not care about how long the video is, as they love to see detailed videos. Whereas your battlefield video length is around 8 minutes, which given the attention span of it's audience should be perfect.

Overall, I like your channel, and you've earned a sub from me! :)

Holy Crap!

Thank you so much for such a detailed review! Full of FANTASTIC Constructive Criticism!

I know the audio has been an issue, the Microphones that I normally used for some reason don't do to well when recording into my computer! But I have since bought a new USB condenser Microphone - So hopefully that is a non issue anymore haha

Thank you for all the advice and I will take it in stride! You have no idea how much I really appreciate the time and effort that you put into honestly reviewing my channel! You have a friend in me :D

STAY AWESOME!

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
@MusicClues No worries friend! :D and i meant changing your profile pictures white background into blue, so it sort of blends more with ur banner :) But thats just me being weird with colours! :) Also i understand where you're coming from about sharing more information about yourself online, especially if you're younger :) You'll do fine on your own.

Jalepengo Playz

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2016
YouTube
Hi i want a review. I know this is a short vid but this is the first video i actually edited and all that good stuff also this is my first time using photoshop as my thumbnail maker thx a lot the review will help.
I usually make gaming videos and how to's thx for everything
Btw im not trying to advertise and tell you to do the stuff i said in the vid you could if you want though I just picked this because its the most effort i put in my vid
Thx both positive and negitive reviews are good

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
Hey! @Jalepengo Playz Yeah it's a rather short video, so i'll review that first and give a brief look over your channel too :)

Intro: I like the intro, and it's a LITTLE long, like a tiny bit, i'd end it after 6-8 seconds but your 10 seconds isn't bad. The design is good although I've seen quite a few "floating text in and out" backgrounds, it's a tiny bit unoriginal but I'll forgive it :D The music is really catchy though, nice pick there :)

Commentary: Now here's where you're suffering a little, you tend to stutter/fumble a little bit over your words, something that most youtubers edit out, it happens to all of us, but a good example would be say, PewDiePie, while you may or may not like pewdiepie he cuts out pretty much every mistake unless it's a "funny" mistake, and you can't deny he's doing something right! It's also good way to get alot of information out faster aswell, short video's are great for views as the attention span of most people is lacking. Although your video is already short, it could be improved with some small cuts :)
Also, you have a rare thing, a kids voice that isn't annoying. Keep your voice level and chill like in this video and you'll be fine!

Audio: Volumes are good for the most part, sync up nicely, although there's some muffled sounds coming from your mic, especially when you first start talking. Look up "audacity" for reducing background noise, it's a voice editing program/recording program. So you can record your voice using audacity, edit the voice a little to reduce noise, maybe add a little bass n stuff, then sync it up to your game/video :)

Thumbnail: It's a little too big at the moment for youtube, some of the text cuts off at the top and bottom of it, but other than that looks fine :) A little plain, but since it's your first time creating one, they will literally only get better from here :D.

Now onto the brief channel look:
Banner: I like your banner, works very nicely with your profile picture, and the image itself isn't cluttered with too much stuff, it's simple, but very effective ;) If you hover over your channel banner at the top right you'll see a little "pencil", there you can click "edit links" and add a series of links to your banner to your social media outlets, such as twitter/facebook etc, they appear in the bottom right of the banner unfortunately though, so it may be a little difficult to see as most of your banner's art is in the bottom right :)

Finally, your "about" page is rather lacking, although given your estimated age it's likely abit of a scary situation to include any personal information about yourself. I just find that some people like to know a little more about the person behind the channel :)

Overall, I like your channel, and with a little work you could go very far friend!

StormMoreno

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
Ohio, United States
YouTube
StormMoreno
I would love to hear input on my channel form you because you put time and effort in the review my channel link here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdY1QvblJSSCLK88GStTrw

I make let's plays on my channel and play with some other people that I know personally. I've only been making videos for four months but have over one hundred videos. I know that some of my thumbnails lack but I know that my goat simulator thumbnail was my favorite, because I acted like I was in the mob so I made a goat look like he was in the mob and tried to get that Godfather fell in it. I would love the review because I know I can improve!

Jalepengo Playz

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2016
YouTube
Hey! @Jalepengo Playz Yeah it's a rather short video, so i'll review that first and give a brief look over your channel too :)

Intro: I like the intro, and it's a LITTLE long, like a tiny bit, i'd end it after 6-8 seconds but your 10 seconds isn't bad. The design is good although I've seen quite a few "floating text in and out" backgrounds, it's a tiny bit unoriginal but I'll forgive it :D The music is really catchy though, nice pick there :)

Commentary: Now here's where you're suffering a little, you tend to stutter/fumble a little bit over your words, something that most youtubers edit out, it happens to all of us, but a good example would be say, PewDiePie, while you may or may not like pewdiepie he cuts out pretty much every mistake unless it's a "funny" mistake, and you can't deny he's doing something right! It's also good way to get alot of information out faster aswell, short video's are great for views as the attention span of most people is lacking. Although your video is already short, it could be improved with some small cuts :)
Also, you have a rare thing, a kids voice that isn't annoying. Keep your voice level and chill like in this video and you'll be fine!

Audio: Volumes are good for the most part, sync up nicely, although there's some muffled sounds coming from your mic, especially when you first start talking. Look up "audacity" for reducing background noise, it's a voice editing program/recording program. So you can record your voice using audacity, edit the voice a little to reduce noise, maybe add a little bass n stuff, then sync it up to your game/video :)

Thumbnail: It's a little too big at the moment for youtube, some of the text cuts off at the top and bottom of it, but other than that looks fine :) A little plain, but since it's your first time creating one, they will literally only get better from here :D.

Now onto the brief channel look:
Banner: I like your banner, works very nicely with your profile picture, and the image itself isn't cluttered with too much stuff, it's simple, but very effective ;) If you hover over your channel banner at the top right you'll see a little "pencil", there you can click "edit links" and add a series of links to your banner to your social media outlets, such as twitter/facebook etc, they appear in the bottom right of the banner unfortunately though, so it may be a little difficult to see as most of your banner's art is in the bottom right :)

Finally, your "about" page is rather lacking, although given your estimated age it's likely abit of a scary situation to include any personal information about yourself. I just find that some people like to know a little more about the person behind the channel :)

Overall, I like your channel, and with a little work you could go very far friend!
Wow thx for all the stuff I use audacity but i dont know how to use it lmao and idk how to cut the parts I stutter in i use camtasia because I have a 32bit pc so i cant get sony vegas. Thx for saying my voice isnt annoying that was the one thing I was scared about when doing youtube. And the link I want to put a subscribe link but idk how thx for everything

HelSummonz

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 5, 2016
YouTube
Would love some feedback on my channel!
I have been doing youtuber for slightly over half a year and am closing in on my 30 sub goal.
Though i do not know exactly where i should be looking to improve most.
I feel like this is one of my better recent videos:

Any advice concerning my channel is ofcourse welcome ;)
Thanks in advance!

HungryGrizz

Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2015
YouTube
I play mostly fps uploading my first real commentary tomorrow morning i would love some feed back on how i can improove

MLG PICKAXE

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 27, 2015
YouTube
MLG_PICKAXE
In this video I mainly talk about the changes coming to my channel soon also the type of content I do is, funny moments or basically anything that would make you laugh

Misleading Winks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 17, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
MisleadingWinks
@StormMoreno Hey, thanks i try to do the best reviews i can :D so lets get started :)

Channel Trailer: I like how it starts, the audio is a little loud, but that's probably because my speakers are a turned up a little too much xD Also do you use audacity to record your voice? cause you can edit it and export it as a .wav file straight into your editor, then sync it up and you'll have none of the slight background noice i'm hearing as it cuts in :), Overall i like the trailer's content, I can understand what you're talking about and you feature alot of games that people like and will enjoy, but a minute is rather long, i'd say a good channel trailer needs to be around 30 seconds, a minute is fine, it's just many people have short attention spans :D Overall i'd say you could speedily run through everything in about 30 seconds :) I like the whole "get on the train" thing too :p Many successful YouTubers have a little catchphrase to their subscribers! Also talk a little bit more about yourself, viewers love that they can engage personally to a youtuber i feel :D

Thumbnails: Honestly i see nothing needed to be changed here, it all looks great to me, not too much stuff in the background, the text is a good size and readable on my pc, not sure about phone :) maybe a few of them like the "best doctor ever" would need to be a tad bigger with the text :) But yeah, they're funny, they're related to the video. Thats all there is to say really :)

Channel art/Profile pic: I personally love your channel banner, it's really cool, my only slight pet peeve is that the guys face on the left is covered by the picture placement, it's YouTube's fault really for the location they put the profile pic, but maybe you could put a picture of your face as the profile pic to match with the guy xD that'd be pretty funny! Also, i like that you include links to social media on the banner too. Overall i like it.

Commentary/Videos: I watch a couple of seconds of the newest oblivion one, maybe you should cut out the little intro where you're checking if the recording is on haha :) It's alright but it's a small bit unprofessional :D the audio quality is actually pretty good, and the game sound is not too loud on this particular video (Oblivion part 16, just for ur reference). I'll watch a couple others and see if the sound is good on them :) Ah yes, in your software inc video it starts with your voice straight away, must've been just that one video haha, my bad :) Again on the other video's i checked the sound quality is great. The commentary is also fine at the moment. Could use a few more "meme" jokes in there, say as your commentating throw a few popular memes into the screen as your saying them, people love that ****. :)

I also notice a few silences during some of your commentating too, thats not entirely bad, as some it it's during text parts, which gives ur viewers time to read etc, but most YouTubers cut out most of that unless it's important plot points! :) As i've said earlier, people's attention span's are getting lower, so shorter video's are always great! My shorter 2 minute videos' tend to do alot better in views than my longer full gameplay video's :)

Descriptions/About page: Your descriptions are good, they include all of your social media links and they have credits to music etc used in the video :) While they aren't that long, such as not including much information about the video itself, some people have a view option on youtube that includes the first sentence below the video, try using the first sentence in the description to mention one of the best parts, or a little teaser into why they should click on your video, y'know? :) Your about page is actually fine, it's rare i find one filled out haha! but it could include a few more personal details, such as age + a GENERAL location, e.g. I've got mine as the country Wales, it's generalised so people can't find you, but they enjoy getting to know the person they're investing time into should they subscribe :)

Intro/Outro: You don't have an intro, which for some is fine, but a couple of seconds with a graphic logo can reallllllly help reinforce your brand in people's minds :) so if they see something similar to your logo they might remember it and check back up on your video's. I like the outro, it could use a bit more graphics, say maybe ask somebody on freedom to design some cool graphics for your outro? Like a storm or something that links people to your Channel Name aswell! :)

Generally i can see your channel going far friend, and you've earned a subscriber from me for all the video's you've managed to produce in a short time, i'm impressed friend :) Thanks for the kind words on my reviews, and keep enjoying making content :)

Reactions: StormMoreno