"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions

Hello, here's your review

Starting with your homepage, I liked that you had tried out both styles of section layout. Though it would be nice to see some more playlists on here, maybe ones for series you run on your channel, right now its a bit empty. Going to the channel art I loved the logo but it could be a bigger in avatar form. The banner is nice though I felt the background was stretched? Its not that easy to tell without knowing what was used. Maybe try working on that a bit, also increasing the blur on the background will help the logo stand out more. Going to your thumbnails, I liked that you put branding on them, but personally I felt your logo isn't really designed to go that small, its is also cropped pretty badly and super hard to make out. I also didn't like your choice of text colour. If you're going to use colours that are naturally hard to read then try giving the text a strong outline in black or white to make it legible, as the are I can't make out much of whats there. Looking over the rest of the channel, your channel description could be a lot more detailed than one line. Finally watching your latest video, I felt the quality was good, but the audio sounded a bit mono to me. Also a more in dept description with links to your social media would be good along with a few more tags.

Overall Rating: 5/10

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I could use a Review if you don't mind

Hello, Here is your review

Starting with your homepage, I liked that you weren't using the default layout though it did feel a bit empty with just the one section. Maybe try adding some playlists to the homepage? Going onto the channel art, well the avatar is you, that's fine. The banner is pretty bad though, I liked the idea of it and I see where you were going with it. But the text positioning & size really makes it look rather unprofessional. Going to your thumbnails, well......they could use some work, I felt the amount of text in them was a big much, there also a generic font from cooltext I believe, "Keen" template. Also try to get transparent images to put in your thumbnails, the white backgrounds on the images make them look even worst. Moving to the rest of your channel, I felt the description could be a tad more detailed & having a twitter account for the channel will really help with getting your content seen, as well as a facebook page. Finally watching your latest video, I felt the quality of the video itself was great, I also liked how organised your description was as well as your choice of tags :).

I would appreciate a review. Be brutally honest. :)
I'm always honest, that's the point of these :). Here's your review.​

Starting on your homepage, I liked the amount of content on it, I honestly felt it was a little too much. I also would've like some variety in section layout. You can see my channel to see a good example of a mixed layout. Moving to your channel art, I felt you avatar was rather childish really, or atleast that's what it looks like, it has the paint feel to me. As for your banner, its pretty bad; stretched images & stretched text. That needs a lot of work. Going to your thumbnails its a similar story. lots of stretched images & text. But this time there is bad colour choices & some questionable images in them which really shouldn't be there is you want not be restricted by YouTube as inappropriate content in any way. Checking the rest of your channel, I felt the description was okay, but you should post links to your social media in it, just put them in the links section and leave it at that, its wasted space putting them there. ALso you have a grey globe error on your twitter, check the video below for the fix:

Finally, watching your latest video, I felt that the intro was rather pointless and just looked really bad as it is. I'd get rid of it. The video quality was okay though no 60fps? valve games are not that hard to run at 60. what were you running it on. Anyways the description was okay, a bit more depth would be good for SEO & you could have some more tags relateable to the video, rather than just the generic ones.

Overall Rating: 3/10

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
A channel review would be a great help if you wouldn't mind[

Hello, here's your review.

Starting on your homepage, I felt it could be customised a lot more. Maybe add some playlist of series you have running and try different layout styles. You can see my channel for a good example of a different layout. Going to your channel art, your avatar is you and that's fine, Though the banner could use some work, Mainly with a better font and proper text alignment. As for your thumbnails, well......they're bad, You really need to work on your thumbnails, maybe have a look in the C.R.I.B for a template to use. At the moments they just look awful. Taking a look over the rest of your channel, You could expand your channel about section to be more than 2 separate lines, try for 3-4 lines at best. You also have a grey globe error on your twitter, See the video below for the fix.

Finally watching your latest video, well...were you doing a video while driving? not a good idea man, also the audio quality is really bad and also really quiet. You need to work on balancing the audio out. Also your description & tags could be more in depth.

Overall Rating: 2/10
[/QUOTE]

Corbin Lloyd

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2017
YouTube
Corbanski
Hello, here's your review.

Starting on your homepage, I felt it could be customised a lot more. Maybe add some playlist of series you have running and try different layout styles. You can see my channel for a good example of a different layout. Going to your channel art, your avatar is you and that's fine, Though the banner could use some work, Mainly with a better font and proper text alignment. As for your thumbnails, well......they're bad, You really need to work on your thumbnails, maybe have a look in the C.R.I.B for a template to use. At the moments they just look awful. Taking a look over the rest of your channel, You could expand your channel about section to be more than 2 separate lines, try for 3-4 lines at best. You also have a grey globe error on your twitter, See the video below for the fix.

Finally watching your latest video, well...were you doing a video while driving? not a good idea man, also the audio quality is really bad and also really quiet. You need to work on balancing the audio out. Also your description & tags could be more in depth.

[/QUOTE]
I really appreciate the feedback. You were very helpful

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I've read some of your reviews and i would like you to take a look at our channel if you get a chance please.

https://www.youtube.com/pksplayground

Here's your review.

Starting with your homepage, it would be nice if you had some playlists on there, Make sure to vary the layout so not to bore the viewer. Looking at your channel art, its pretty basic to say the least. The avatar is cropped out of frame and the banner looks like a 5 minute thing done in paint. As for your video thumbnails, well its equally bad. Consider choosing colours that are legible, even just putting a border around the text would help. Also try avoiding stretching images if you don't have to. Looking at the rest of your channel, your could be more detailed about your channel and what you do on it, rather than just having 1 line. You also have 2 grey globe errors, see this video to fix them:

Finally watching your latest video, well your Intro was WAY TOO LONG. I felt that the shield part was enough for an intro if you must have one. Your video had black bars on the left and right, try fixing that in post. Also to me the game seemed blurry, like the video was stretched or something? Your description was okay, but I felt it could have a bit more detail about the game in general as well as having your social link having capital letters at the start of them, it just looks better. You should also avoid using generic tags when you can.

Could you review my channel. I know it's not good but i try my best.

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_lQztiI8CLD8g1shflmeVg

Okay, Here's your review

Starting with your homepage, I lied the amount of content on it but you just used the same style of layout over and over, try mixing it up a bit. Check my channel for a good example of a mixed layout. Going to your channel art......well its pretty bad to say the least. Why not ask in the Request / Offers section, someone maybe able to help you with this. Realistically the same goes with the thumbnails, though I did like the branding consistence throughout them. Looking at the rest of your channel, Your channel description could have a lot more depth to it that 1 line. Also is there much point to your website? since you only have 1 post from 2015 on it and that's it. Finally watching your latest video, the camera work could be better on your vlogs, as for you general videos. the quality was okay. I felt the intro had was a tad long and LOUD!!!!! god, please do some work on balancing your audio. The intro clip was like 2 seconds long and quite quiet following by blaring techno music. Your descriptions could have a bit more detail in them & your tags could be better too to maybe not have ALL CAPS!!!!.

Overall Rating 1/10

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Id love a review, iv been struggling alot lately with slow growth, but im just keeping at it day by day, any suggestions would be appreciated, cheers

Here's your review.

Starting on your homepage, I liked the amount of content you had on your page, though some variety in layout would be nice. You can take a look at my channel for a good example. Going over your channel art, I loved your avatar, it looks great and can be understood at pretty much any size. I also liked the idea behind your banner though I didn't quite get how it linked to your channel as a whole. Maybe having you channel name in text will help with that. Going onto your thumbnails, I liked that the background was different for each one, though your text needs to stand out more. I'd recommend an effect called drop shadow. Might be different on things like photoshop but its a effect that outlines anything in the layer with a customizable size, blur & colour. It really helps make things stand out. Like my channel trailer thumbnail. As for the rest of your channel, I felt your channel description could have a tad more to it & for me you have 2 grey globe icon errors. The twitter one should be fixable by following this guide video guide:

However your Facebook one may just need a / at the end of it to fix the icon. Note that they won't always update straight away. Finally watching your latest video; personally I felt your intro was a bit long, maybe cut around 2 seconds off it and it will feel a bit better. Your description is good though a bit more about the game your playing will help. You could also have a few more tags that are directly related to your video.

Overall Rating: 6/10

Reactions: JESSETATTOO
D

Deleted member 8965

is it possible you could look over my channel and give it your feedback you seem like a very honest guy and any and all help would be appreciated my channel is youtube.com/JamesHDGamerUK

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Would love a review thanks for doing this for free :)

Thx, Here's your review.

Starting on your homepage, It would be nice to see more on here, maybe rather then having "Created Playlists" make it so you show off some of your best playlists. Also make a channel trailer to grab people's attention. Going onto your channel art, I liked the banner, it was simple and too the point. Though personally I struggle to see the red & black on the left side. As for your avatar, well it looks a tad stretched & doesn't match the style of the banner. Going to your thumbnails, I liked the ones with the edited corners, though I felt you could've done a 50/50 split on the low poly style and an image from the game just so they don't all look the same. You channel description could use some work, Make sure you fill it out its helps with SEO. As for your channel links it would be nice to see some social links on there and your second link doesn't work. the site doesn't load (or doesn't exist). Finally watching your latest video; its was okay and served its purpose, it wasn't that engaging to me though. Your description could be a lot more details and have a better layout as well as having more than 4 tags will help greatly.

Overall Rating: 4/10

is it possible you could look over my channel and give it your feedback you seem like a very honest guy and any and all help would be appreciated my channel is youtube.com/JamesHDGamerUK
Here's your review.

Starting with your homepage, its nice to see you have a channel trailer, though it didn't really make me super interesting in your channel in the first 10 seconds. I liked the amount of content on your homepage though it would be nice to see some variety on the layout. See my channel for a good example. Moving to your channel art, well to put this lightly, it sucks. The avatar & banner are a total mess. Check out some channel packs in the C.R.I.B for a good head start. The same goes for your thumbnails, some of your videos don't even have a thumbnail. Once again take a look through the C.R.I.B. As for the rest of your channel, DO fill out your channel description!!!!! its helps a lot getting your channel out there and stop it being placed under the BOT channels. You also have a grey globe error on your twitter link. See the video below on how to fix it

Finally watching your latest video; I liked that your voice was clear and not drowned out by the in game sounds. Though the video quality wasn't that great, try recording with Minecraft in fullscreen mode, just to get rid of that top bar. It will also fix the fact tat the video isn't quite in the frame on the top and bottom. You should also do a lot more in your descriptions, adding your social links & more about the video in general will help with SEO & make your video look more appealing. You also NEED to put some tags on your videos, Without them your videos might as well not be public, people will really struggle to find your content without any tags.

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Hey if possible i'd like a review, interesting to learn what i can improve, i kinda bet it's a few things :p

Hello, Here's your review.

Starting with your homepage, its nice to see a channel trailer. I felt you could've made the intro of it a bit more enticing, it was a bit everywhere with just basic text covering most of the screen and you covering what was written. Though the homepage itself has a nice amount of content. Though more layout edits would be nice. Going to your channel art, I liked the idea of it though it felt a bit low quality. Mainly on your banner as they seem stretched. You banner does need a lot of work to make it look more professional. Moving to your thumbnails, liked the consistence of the branding though I felt the text let you down a lot. I'd recommend outlining your text with a white border, just a small one to make it readable or get rid of the text to make it look neater. Also a stronger outline from the game screenshot and the border will also make it look better. Looking at the rest of your channel, your channel description is good and strong, though you have a grey globe on your twitter link. Watch the video below to fix the issue:

Finally, watching your latest video; I liked the quality of your audio though the game itself could've been quieter to make your voice stand out more. Also if you can, try and get a higher frame rate captured, even if its 50fps, 60 is ideal but 50 is recognised by YouTube and there isn't much of a notable difference. It will make your videos look a lot better if you can do it. As for your description I liked the content in it though it could be presented a little neater. Just look at my latest video description to get an idea of what I mean. You should also work on your tags a bit, try to make them unique to your video.

Overall Rating: 4/10

Reactions: Empyragon

nishicake

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
YouTube
I really appreciate that you're taking the time to review channels @Dev_J !! That's super awesome of you!! If you get the time, I would love it if you could review my channel as well, as an art channel I feel like it's a little harder to stand out in the Youtube community!

Thanks again!

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I really appreciate that you're taking the time to review channels @Dev_J !! That's super awesome of you!! If you get the time, I would love it if you could review my channel as well, as an art channel I feel like it's a little harder to stand out in the Youtube community!

Thanks again!

Sure thing, here's your review.

Starting with your homepage, it would be nice to see more there. Try adding a few more playlists and messing with the arrangement a bit. You can see my channel page for a good example of a varied layout. Going onto your channel art, I loved the avatar, very nice. Though the it was a shame the banner didn't match. Also I felt the text on the banner was a bit much for a banner & felt a bit blurry, maybe work on that. As for your thumbnails, for the most part the newer ones are good, though it would be nice to see you stick to the same font. Also having some branding on them may help you stand out, though its totally up to you, you could also do rounded thumbnails to stand out (https://freedom.community.tm/crib/rounded-thumbnail-template.343/). As for the rest of your channel, having a channel description will help you a lot as it helps with SEO, as well as not being marked as a bot by YouTube. Its also nice for new visitors to see, so fill it out. It would also be nice to see some social links like your twitter linked to your channel, its easy to do. Just make sure to not get a grey globe on the icon by following this tutorial:

Finally watching your latest video; I liked the intro though it could be left with the title when in appears without the exit animation, Your voice could be a bit louder, (done in post) but it is clear and understandable. Your description is good with its content though it could look better. You can see my latest video for a good looking description layout. Your tags are okay, maybe focus on getting a few more for your video in particular.

Reactions: nishicake