What Processor is better Intel or AMD

Kyr Kyr

Rising User
Oct 22, 2014
Hi guys I'm looking to buy a new computer but I'm wondering what processor is better Intel or AMD also if you guys could check out the links below and tell me what computer is better that'd be awesome!

1. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227580

2. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2010987

INTEL is the best out of all, only my opinion![DOUBLEPOST=1430674229][/DOUBLEPOST]intel is the best i think, which one are you using?

dat_techie_stew

New User
Apr 29, 2015
YouTube

N0tnathan

Rising User
May 1, 2015
Wisconsin
YouTube
This opinion is coming from someone who has started with Intel, gone to AMD, and back to Intel again. When I built my first gaming machine back in 2010, I chose AMD because the processor was very affordable and my only needs at the time were for gaming. Now that I do a lot of work in virtual machines and video editing, Intel is by far the better choice. No doubt it is the more expensive choice, but I absolutely love my Intel i7-5960X. It makes video editing no longer a pain because before I would have to render and not be able to do anything else on my computer because the CPU load was always at 100%. Now it sits at around 50% while rendering, which allows me to do other things while a 30 minute 1080p 60FPS video takes it's 15~30 minutes to render. AMD is far better for those on a budget, but when it comes to performance, Intel dominates. If you have any questions, let me know.

BBphoniex Gaming

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2015
India
YouTube
BBphoniex
Hi guys I'm looking to buy a new computer but I'm wondering what processor is better Intel or AMD also if you guys could check out the links below and tell me what computer is better that'd be awesome!

Go With Intel If You are getting a nvidia card or if you are planning to buy a amd graphic card then go with amd processor Hope This Helps.[DOUBLEPOST=1431335523][/DOUBLEPOST]

Go With Intel If You are getting a nvidia card or if you are planning to buy a amd graphic card then go with amd processor Hope This Helps.

KhanateGaming

Freedom! Member
Apr 25, 2015
Turkey
YouTube
That's an ancient paradox.Intel or Amd, Intel vs Amd topic are almost everywhere around the internet.
First this one is misinformation : "Go With Intel If You are getting a nvidia card or if you are planning to buy a amd graphic card then go with amd processor" Nvidia and Intel nothing to do together, they are different companies, rivals and of course one of them produces Cpus while the other one is focused on Gpu technology.If you can make a good cpu&gpu combination there won't be any restriction, no bottleneck, no performance downgrade.Intel and Amd processors have different architectures, Intel always been focused on performance per core policy, so they are still following this path because they are basically successful.Amd however, relies on multicore computing since Phenom processors, then Bulldozer and Vishera showed up, both of them followed the path of Phenom;but they could not bring performance while gaming as Intel processors do.

The reason behind this idea was basically started with Ps3, some people started a rumor about "future of cpus will continue with more cores per processors" that rumor evolved and turned into a large snowball and now here we are at 2015 there are only few games actually gives multicore support above 4 cores, oh some of them even don't support 4 cores too, you do the math.However when it comes to software, rendering/encoding-decoding/streaming in short multicore tasks, Amd processors begin to show up with reasonable prices.Simply because they are engineered for it, they can be overclocked, so it will bump up the speed (well i do not recommend o.c while rendering) and can finish the projects faster.

So if you want to build a nice gaming rig you can choose i5 from Intel side from 4440 to 4690k, they won't let you down, they are sharing the same architecture with their older brother i7.Sadly there is no alternative to i5 at Amd side, you can go with Fx8350 which can bring more performance above Fx4300 or Fx6300.

If you want to build a gaming rig with media encoding/rendering/live streaming/multi tasking you can go with i7 processors. I7 family also divides into 2 different groups: I7 processors with current gen pins (which changes with every new gen) and I7 Extreme or High performance processors (which uses Lga 2011 and requires different motherboard) If you wanted to take advantage of more core power, you can choose these cpus, though be warned they are expensive than the other processors in the market.Processors now you can rely on Extreme families are (Ivy Bridge-E 4930k, Haswell-E 5820k, 5930k and 5960x) Haswell-E requires DDR4 rams to operate while Ivy-Bridge E or 4930k or 4960x can operate with DDR3 ram, since DDR4 is a new technology ram prices are quite high, so if you wanna start a build like this you can either go with 5820k or you can buy 4930k, also these processors still soldered rather than thermal paste.

Also for the enlightment: Amd and Intel both has 6 and 8 core processors, even if they operate at same frequencies, let's say 4.5Ghz they won't give the same performance.Reason behind this again lies with Intel architecture, of course they are really expensive compared to Amd.

Of course i'm not saying Amd processors are worthless, they are doing a good job on their own.If you are on a budget buy em.Otherwise, Intel still offers the best.

WOTW Official

Freedom! Member
May 13, 2015
YouTube
AMD is the best for a budget gamer, if you have a lot of $$$$ in your pocket then go intel. Currently the AMD FX 6300 is the best bang for your buck, its $95 at amazon.com for a 6 core 3.5 ghz and its better than some 8 cores in benchmark testing!!

Alex Thomas

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 27, 2015
YouTube
Personally, I would say intel, but it is all dependent upon what you do with it. If you want more of a value go with amd. If you want more for gaming and work(rendering, editing, animation, etc.) then go with intel. In my experience with both cpus I have had more luck with intel being the best for what I need.

D

Deleted member 28838

Honestly your just better off building a computer. (*Posts from the futttttuuurreee*)

Reactions: InstantGS