What Processor is better Intel or AMD

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
Honestly when deciding between the two it all comes down to how much money you want to spend on your processor. AMD in great for the older based games but multi threads are starting to come into play alot more so Intel would be best.

MisterKMN

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jan 1, 2014
YouTube
MisterKMN
If you have the money to spend for Intel, I would go for Intel, but even though AMD is cheaper it does some stuff very well!

MarkOfA

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2014
YouTube
Mark_OfA
here is the other pc info

Guardian Gaming Series GAA-9140M: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz Eight-Core, 990X, Radeon R9 270X, Ripjaws X 8GB MEM, 1TB HDD, 24X DVD Burner, Stallion 700W PSU

TheSimplefyers

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jun 25, 2014
Canada
YouTube
Thesimplefyers
here is the other pc info

Guardian Gaming Series GAA-9140M: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz Eight-Core, 990X, Radeon R9 270X, Ripjaws X 8GB MEM, 1TB HDD, 24X DVD Burner, Stallion 700W PSU
Thanks, I got the link to work.

They are both very similar, don't get fooled by the "Eight-Core" AMD, it's still 4 physical cores, just a marketing gimmick. Since I prefer intel, the first one is better in my opinion. The second one does have a better power supply, but that's not that big of a deal, unless you're planning on upgrading in the near future.

MarkOfA

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2014
YouTube
Mark_OfA
i'm looking to have this computer for a long time also looking to use it for video editing and minecraft, csgo and games like that

MarkOfA

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2014
YouTube
Mark_OfA
my upload is a 2 right now but that's good for atleast 480p/720p[DOUBLEPOST=1420759247][/DOUBLEPOST]so if i'm looking to pay less is the 2nd one good for streaming for minecraft and games like that[DOUBLEPOST=1420762988][/DOUBLEPOST]thesimplefyers

Last edited:

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
what computer is the best?
They both have have up the first one has intel graphics which will help for a more "future proof" build but the graphics isnt as great as the 2nd one. So if I was you I would go the first one and add SLI for double R9 graphics. The second build is cheap but good will last maybe 3 years before games cap it out on high etc but the 1st will last longer I would just put different graphic cards.

I would put like MSI R9 twin frozer

TheSimplefyers

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jun 25, 2014
Canada
YouTube
Thesimplefyers
They both have have up the first one has intel graphics which will help for a more "future proof" build but the graphics isnt as great as the 2nd one. So if I was you I would go the first one and add SLI for double R9 graphics. The second build is cheap but good will last maybe 3 years before games cap it out on high etc but the 1st will last longer I would just put different graphic cards.

I would put like MSI R9 twin frozer
This won't work, there's only one PCI-E slot on the motherboard that comes with it (ASROCK MOTHERBOARD Z97 ANNIVERSARY)

If you're just planning on replacing the graphics card, there's no point in buying a pre-built computer anyways IMO.

Something like this might work if you're willing to build the computer yourself: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CbnMp

You can buy most (if not all) the parts from Newegg.com

Reactions: UnderGroundTank

MarkOfA

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2014
YouTube
Mark_OfA
what pc should i get if i wanna stream play minecraft and make videos?[DOUBLEPOST=1420772034][/DOUBLEPOST]also the first pc is pre-built the second is not.

Last edited:

MarkOfA

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2014
YouTube
Mark_OfA
I'm willing to build it or get it pre-built whatever is cheapest, I'm willing to spend atleast no more than 800$, I live in Canada