What do you use to record your games with?

WTShaze

Rising User
Freedom! Member
For PC I use Fraps. To me its been amazing for the past 5+ years I have used it. As for consoles I use the Elgato hd game capture with the default elgato record program.

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I use Mirillis Action. I love it, there's a lot of options. I spent 20 minutes looking around the options and it's great. I used fraps before and switched and haven't looked back :p

TJLSpooks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I my self use fraps I have tryed DxTory but i really could not get along with it and the file size is huge!
not great if you don't have a great deal of storage xD

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Shadowplay on my end. In my old days, used to use Fraps but it didn't like my old pc that much lol. However I plan to use OBS whenever I get around to streaming. PS4 is pretty much the simple share button, but I upload directly to facebook, download and edit. (Or use the PS4 editor)

AngelPandaz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Thank you everyone for the replies! I'll take a look at some of the programs you guys mentioned up there and give them a try if they dont cost too much ^-^~

Sp4rky

Rising User
OBS has to be one of the best recording program for your game play and its FREE. I've tried Fraps and Bandicam before, but they would just absolutely kill my CPU but OBS just sits there quietly, recording my game play with little CPU usage.

AngelPandaz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Stream from my ps4! and record using elgato.

Hey thanks for your suggestion sadly I don't have a ps4 this is a Xbox house thanks to my lil bro so my parents wont buy another console >.<
But if I'll get the ps4 on my birthday then I'll be sure to use your suggestion :p

AngelPandaz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
OBS has to be one of the best recording program for your game play and its FREE. I've tried Fraps and Bandicam before, but they would just absolutely kill my CPU but OBS just sits there quietly, recording my game play with little CPU usage.

I've tried obs before for my streaming but I don't get it >.<
Something always seems to go wrong when I use it so I kinda gave up on it lol XD
But thanx for the suggestion :D

DKGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Well for console recording i use an Elgato hd 60 and for pc games i use dxtory, i find it works great! :)