Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Quick disclaimer: This isn't any official announcement, just my personal interest to see how people stand to this. Ignore the sectional moderator tag for a minute.

As YouTube has been taking away money from smaller YouTubers which is a story for another day Freedom! has been looking into new ways to provide money to partners even if they get unlinked. One idea was to go into Crypto currencies which seems to be the one pursued the furthest so far. Today a video was released on Freedom! Central talking about this:

What do you think about this? Will it be a success or will it never get anywhere? Will you take part in it?

Reactions: RockieGO

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
crypto currency is completely collapsing so I dont thing this will be a good idea
It's collapsing ? I've not really been up to date with it, but wasn't it just recently that bitcoin boom happened ? I cant really comment on how well it will do when it comes to freedom though, but I have not noticed cryptocurency collapse.

Gamerholic Channel

Rising User
Jan 20, 2018
YouTube
crypto currency is completely collapsing so I dont thing this will be a good idea

It's collapsing ? I've not really been up to date with it, but wasn't it just recently that bitcoin boom happened ? I cant really comment on how well it will do when it comes to freedom though, but I have not noticed cryptocurency collapse.

Crypto currency isn't collapsing. 1 bitcoin is worth over 9,000!!! (USD) I could buy Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, One Piece and years worth of cinema tickets with that not to mention games.

Reactions: RockieGO

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Crypto currency isn't collapsing. 1 bitcoin is worth over 9,000!!! (USD) I could buy Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, One Piece and years worth of cinema tickets with that not to mention games.
Sure Bitcoin still is worth a huge ton but it's worth less than it used to be. Therefore you'd still lose money if you've bought BTC for a higher price.

RockieGO

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2015
USA
RockieGO.com
YouTube
Rockiego
Sounds like its going back up and having help with it

As a result, Bitcoin prices rose to $7,650 on Tuesday, after dipping below $6,000 just a day earlier.

“We owe it to this new generation to respect their enthusiasm for virtual currencies, with a thoughtful and balance response, and not a dismissive one,”

“Sixty-six million tons of American soybeans were just handled through a blockchain transaction by the Dreyfus company to China. So Bitcoin is now being used, it’s being used in our American transportation and logistics system,” Giancarlo said, professing that his niece is a so-called cryptocurrency HODLer. “I think this distributed ledger technology has enormous potential. Now how it will be realized, when it will be realized are challenges, and those we can’t say.”

http://fortune.com/2018/02/06/bitcoin-price-cftc-sec-cryptocurrency-hearing/

Reactions: LW

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I have a couple thousand in Crypto for the long term (About a year or so). The drop that happened over the past week or so is normal. It has happened pretty much every year around this time of the year on the graph for Bitcoin.

Going down to a new support line was also due because of the insane increase in price over a small period of time.

Last edited:

Surviv0r

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
Finland
YouTube
The thing with BTC is. Everybody's selling, but who is buying? Good luck trying to 8k per BTC, or even 7k. If BTC was a safe investment, wouldn't all the big companies be on it right now, along with the richest people in the world? Sure, you might profit, but you can also potentially end up losing thousands and thousands. Stay safe with BTC, but I ain't jumping in to the dark with you.

allflattious

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 1, 2017
Crypto is such a dodgy business, the risks haven't been fully explained by George whatsoever, I'm sure the majority of people associated to Freedom! do not have the required knowledge of economic knowledge to be able to essentially bet on the market price of bitcoin (or whatever Freedom! decides to use) will stabilize. If you look at the graph overall it's on a huge comedown. To me bitcoin is a huge gimmick that will fall out of fashion fairly soon, it's a nice enough idea in terms of money generation, but the whole thing needs to be explained far more clearly for me, and to be honest anyone to consider it.

Sumeet Bharankar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
YouTube
Quick disclaimer: This isn't any official announcement, just my personal interest to see how people stand to this. Ignore the sectional moderator tag for a minute.

As YouTube has been taking away money from smaller YouTubers which is a story for another day Freedom! has been looking into new ways to provide money to partners even if they get unlinked. One idea was to go into Crypto currencies which seems to be the one pursued the furthest so far. Today a video was released on Freedom! Central talking about this:

What do you think about this? Will it be a success or will it never get anywhere? Will you take part in it?
It's really a great idea expanding our reach to crypto and since the market is bullish right now it's even better I've been in crypto since 2013 and it's been amazing learning and growing through it as crypto in it self was growing.
I;ve applied to be a part of the crypto family and I'm waiting for Geroge's mail hoping that I've been selected to be a part of the family.
Its an amazing time to be a part of this great new opportunity.

RockieGO

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2015
USA
RockieGO.com
YouTube
Rockiego
cents 02/17/18 . this APP and its support is broken. have never got help or got it running.
had gray screen for a while and with the update. i get this notice. .,.,., to much work to get them money there losing

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
For me I have a plex media server at home with a good GPU installed and a rendering system again with a good GPU installed.

The 1 system is always on the plex server because it serves media to all the devices in my house. Tv's through chromecast, Music to my smart speakers, media to phones tablets etc

I started mining on it and decided to leave the render system always on just to see what they would do. For the last few months the 2 systems cover the power bill every month. As passive income and since I already had the machines that's great for me. The machines are doing the things they were intended for plus making enough to pay my entire power bill.

Dont expect mining to make you a millionaire unless your doing it on a massive scale but it can make enough to cover some bill's, Equipment purchases and other stuff to help you get by and create better content.

How do I use it:
1) If I am browsing the web ill mine on just the GPU as I am not doing anything graphicly intensive.
2) If I am not using the systems I will set it to mine on the GPU and CPU
3) If I am playing games, rendering, editing or anything else that uses a lot of resources ill shut the miner off

I wouldn't recommend any one custom building a machine just for this but for a passive income every month its an awesome little source of cash using existing hardware for no effort.

Just my personal thoughts,
Stef

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
At the moment I just use my laptop as my desktop is like 6 years old so nothing that I could profitably mine crypto on. I do have some Electroneum currency but that's more just for fun to see if it takes off.

For me I have a plex media server at home with a good GPU installed and a rendering system again with a good GPU installed.

The 1 system is always on the plex server because it serves media to all the devices in my house. Tv's through chromecast, Music to my smart speakers, media to phones tablets etc

I started mining on it and decided to leave the render system always on just to see what they would do. For the last few months the 2 systems cover the power bill every month. As passive income and since I already had the machines that's great for me. The machines are doing the things they were intended for plus making enough to pay my entire power bill.

Dont expect mining to make you a millionaire unless your doing it on a massive scale but it can make enough to cover some bill's, Equipment purchases and other stuff to help you get by and create better content.

How do I use it:
1) If I am browsing the web ill mine on just the GPU as I am not doing anything graphicly intensive.
2) If I am not using the systems I will set it to mine on the GPU and CPU
3) If I am playing games, rendering, editing or anything else that uses a lot of resources ill shut the miner off

I wouldn't recommend any one custom building a machine just for this but for a passive income every month its an awesome little source of cash using existing hardware for no effort.

Just my personal thoughts,
Stef

Are you keeping the currency or selling straight away?