For small channels

One thing no one said here before is people to play with. Friends on YouTube you make that have the same amount of Subs you have, or a little bit more.

For an example, I got into GaLm's HD private Discord and I am getting to play with some other YouTubers. My video with better Watch time/View is my first Cards Against Humanity video, with exactly those people. Some of my 25 subscribers are certainly in my channel because of those videos.

Like, for myself, when we finally get to play with GaLm, it will sure help a little in my grow.

Find opportunities for yourself, create your own opportunities. Take some risks, invite some people to play with you. You might not have any gain from it, but you sure will not lose anything. Its worth trying.

SLYMusic

It's more than just editing. It's a combination of a lot of things. The video itself (which includes editing), when you post it, where you share it (don't spam!), how active you we on social media and forums (like these!), and just general luck sometimes.
He doesn't even share it on social medias since he doesn't have any but I he told me that he just plays on a server with around 1000 people and eventually just became friends and they became his viewers

BliZil

Rising User
Feb 6, 2016
YouTube
I have similar situation as you right now, but after chatting with a few encouraging youtubers, they all started small.
You just need to keep posting videos, and expose yourself maybe on forums or other similar content youtubers :)

Good luck on your channel:)

Spike Slayer

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2016
YouTube
Yeah I have the same problem, but I dont let that get me down. I love making videos, and I am so happy when someone finds my stuff and actually likes it, that when I know I did something good :)

BlitzDragonGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 5, 2015
YouTube
Let me say what has to be known, some stuff I may say more than likely have already been established, but I want to be special and say them again. Sorry if I may be a little blunt when saying these things and may get carried away, but trust me when I say this, I have been through it myself. With being incorporated with youtube for over 4 years, I know.
For starters, lets go into the games played on your channel. Minecraft... The most juiced game ever made on youtube. No joke, millions of videos on youtube are minecraft. What makes your 8 videos differ from the millions already seen? That should be the first question you should be asking yourself. Now what are they about could be another thing you should ask. What is being played in minecraft, and how popular is this curtain thing that is wanted to be played? Sure minigames and adventure maps are fun to watch, but how popular are they? Sure larger channels have them, but as filler if they don't have anything else to upload, and you see the view difference because of it. So what needs to happen is to expand your gameplay than just mostly minigames. It can be hard, but it will pay off. Once you create more videos, and get more used to recording instead of saying I will do this, then this, then this, more people will be committed viewers. I hope this is more helpful than scaring.

Reactions: Thunderbolt

King Cowdorah

Rising User
Jan 26, 2016
YouTube
I mostly just like producing the videos, and I get it ya know. You want channel growth, but part of what makes good channel growth is growing your content and your brand. Play what you love, and know why you love it. Even though I regularly admit I'm small, I know with patience and growing myself through introspection I can get better. People want Youtubers to grow with their subscribers. That is what I like out of a channel. Because you aren't gonna be perfect at it at first. God I know I am far from perfect, but I am proud of my videos and my schedule. So that is all you can do for now.

But keep doing it man, everyone starts somewhere. Just set a schedule and go for it! :D

InnocentMusik

Musician and amateur composer/producer
Freedom! Member
I'll be blunt about this. Youtube ish oversaturated in all genres, gaming especially. Hence the lack of growth that you want. However, gaming does the best out of the other genres so any gaming channel will eventually do better than, let's say, comedy skit based channels. Not too grim for small and big gaming channels, grim for others. I'm going off tangent but felt like I have to say it. Anyway, people will favour bigger channels cause it shows a steady foundation and people can trust that foundation. To build that foundation, it's a lot of patience and hard work. I don't know what kind of work you put in or if it works for you but try and adjust along the way as you see if there's any results.

The Bossman

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
The main problem is at this size we do not know how to get on the search page or make our channels look as good as they. I am not saying we have low quality, but we do not have the time or money the bigger channels have. Or experience a lot of the time.

I got on to the search page once, one of my Call of Duty videos is actually on google search top result for that particular hack (i do not show people how to do it, just found it less than an hour of the map coming out) and trust me, it's glorious when it happens. 2 of my videos went big because of it. Main reason why I am at 3000 views in my first month.

Triage 3

Rising User
Feb 3, 2016
Virginia
YouTube
I have read it on here a couple times now but the best thing it to just keep doing it. if you enjoy doing it just keep making your quality content. You may not be blowing up, but these kinds of things dont come quickly and yes sometimes they dont come at all. However, if you enjoy making your videos there will be people out there who enjoy your particular style. So just keep at it.

pendragongames

Respected User
Feb 8, 2016
Ireland
www.tsu.co
YouTube
As a general rule mate, the more content you have the more views you will tend to get and through that the more subscribers you are more likely to get etc, at the end of the day though, what I did was not to even look at the subs I have because to be frank I have been on YT for near 4 months and only had 14 subs until this week where I now have 68, it just takes time, at the end of the day though its the views that count in the end, not the sub count :)

The Bossman

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
As a general rule mate, the more content you have the more views you will tend to get and through that the more subscribers you are more likely to get etc, at the end of the day though, what I did was not to even look at the subs I have because to be frank I have been on YT for near 4 months and only had 14 subs until this week where I now have 68, it just takes time, at the end of the day though its the views that count in the end, not the sub count :)
If you don't mind me asking how did you grow so much in one week or was it just consistency paying off?

Reactions: pendragongames

The Bossman

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
yeah it was more or less just consistency paying off, mixed with advertising and communicating with other channels, I write a blog etc etc, having said that joining freedom played a large part in it too
And now you're up to 80. Awesome growth mate. I haven't seen any growth really from joining Freedom unfortunately.

Bakka Zigzag

Feb 4, 2016
YouTube
You just got to be patient they may or may not come but just give it time, but you need to come up with new ideas and start working with other content characters.

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
although I may only have 7 subs I think people are just passing up my channel and other small channels! I have had my channel for a month and I know that I have had a lot of views from around the world replie down below if you have the same problem |
\/
Yeah its a huge popularity contest on YT, although you may have the greatest content people will pass over you if your small. I personally don't but a lot of people do. I feel like new channels are more humble and actually care about their viewers

Armando Herrera

Oct 6, 2015
YouTube
you have to do something that keeps them engaged. also make sure your content quality is good. you cannot have 480p quality (people still do that!!) you need to have at least 1080p quality or 720p thats the only way youd get anywhere

NukeIt

Rising User
Jul 16, 2015
South Africa
YouTube
Lol, yeah i ove making vides and editing mine. i do it because i love doing it. i ny have 31 subs and started beginning of january. I edit my videos to the best of my ability. and it takes patience. I do funny moments n xbox one.
Well said :) i also love making videos on ps4 and editing and making the graphics etc :) check out my channel. subbed :)

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
I will be 100% honest here, anyone that expects to grow within the first year or with less than 500 videos in the current climate is deluded.

Unless you have a personal friend that is huge and will allow you to leach it just won't happen apart from the few very rare cases.

You have joined one of the most saturated markets that there is today, it will take a LONG time to make an impact. Don't even think about the numbers, just enjoy it.