For small channels

HarryPlays

Rising User
Jan 27, 2016
YouTube
although I may only have 7 subs I think people are just passing up my channel and other small channels! I have had my channel for a month and I know that I have had a lot of views from around the world replie down below if you have the same problem |
\/

Reactions: Rudy Munroe

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
People will always pass up smaller channels and favour the larger ones they know. I have to say whenever I look something up on YT I always try and view content from a channel with a small amount of views / subs just to do a little part in making their day. All I can say is those with small channels (myself included) just need to keep making quality content, and hope that people will enjoy it.

HarryPlays

Rising User
Jan 27, 2016
YouTube
People will always pass up smaller channels and favour the larger ones they know. I have to say whenever I look something up on YT I always try and view content from a channel with a small amount of views / subs just to do a little part in making their day. All I can say is those with small channels (myself included) just need to keep making quality content, and hope that people will enjoy it.
Nice I would have to agree with you before I had my yt I would always find my self on channels which are 100k+ and now that has turned around

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
Well as you may know but every begining is very hard, so keep a good work, try to be active on forums like this and keep promoting your channel and things will work out. Good luck. :)

Reactions: Rudy Munroe

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Yeah just have fun doing it and don't worry so much about the numbers, the numbers will come if the fun is there first. But realize that it could take years so if you stress out about the numbers so much then you'll probably end up quitting so just keep at it, having fun and being yourself. the benefit is how young you are, by the time you're my age, you could have a huge channel. I sort of envy all of these young youtubers of today, yall are really lucky to have such an opportunity like being born into the digital age. Good luck.

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Im glad that people are giving there point of view on this thread,
It's ok if you don't sub to me but I went ahead and subbed to you after checking out your latest video if only for the spongebob reference. I can tell you really like recording, just keep at it, I think it would also help if you had a webcam, though I know it takes some courage to do that. After about a year I'm just now gonna start doing it myself.

NoblePandaGame

Jan 18, 2016
YouTube
As someone who has had 2 different channels, I can say that starting off is the hardest thing to do, but as I kept doing Youtube, i realized that numbers really didnt have a big meaning to me, I was happy with 100 people watching or 20 people watching because in the end, someone took the time to view the content that you put out so you must be doing something right. Just gotta do what you love without being discouraged!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I'm going to add a little more onto this.

Good and 'crap' are both terms that are relative and are commonly used in comparative situations.
My channel is crap compared to Freedom!'s channel, and theirs is crap compared to Casey Neistat's channel.

And all of our channels are crap compared to PewDiePie, no matter how much you'd like to not believe it.

Reactions: Phil Kidd

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm going to add a little more onto this.

Good and 'crap' are both terms that are relative and are commonly used in comparative situations.
My channel is crap compared to Freedom!'s channel, and theirs is crap compared to Casey Neistat's channel.

And all of our channels are crap compared to PewDiePie, no matter how much you'd like to not believe it.
I hear what your saying but some of those big YouTuber's, such as PewDiePie, have such a vast following that they could release utter rubbish videos and they would still get thousands if not millions of views. Fair play to them getting that far, but as NoblePandaGame said starting out is the hardest thing to do, and getting better just takes time, commitment and perseverance.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I hear what your saying but some of those big YouTuber's, such as PewDiePie, have such a vast following that they could release utter rubbish videos and they would still get thousands if not millions of views. Fair play to them getting that far, but as NoblePandaGame said starting out is the hardest thing to do, and getting better just takes time, commitment and perseverance.
I wasn't just talking about quality, I was also speaking to size, and success.

Charxander Origin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2016
YouTube
I think people see subbing to a small channel as buying a game when it is still in alpha. They'll watch it, they'll check it out, but they won't commit just yet. The way I see it is:
1) Take time, be patient, it will grow as long as you put your time into it
2) Put all your effort into one video, make is amazing, show it to everyone, post it on all social medias, get your friends spreading it, and work towards getting it to go viral. It is much harder to do than to say, but if you pull it off, all your videos will benefit, and your channel will grow quite a bit.

Wizered

Da m80est of Ballahs
Freedom! Member
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
although I may only have 7 subs I think people are just passing up my channel and other small channels! I have had my channel for a month and I know that I have had a lot of views from around the world replie down below if you have the same problem |
\/
Wizered's Pro Tips for channel growth:
1. No Minecraft
2. More Content
3. Different Content.
4. Profit.

TheRealRyanMickens

Rising User
Oct 1, 2015
California
YouTube
You just got to have fun with it! Don't expect to become the biggest youtuber ever in a month, not even in a year lol. The channels that are huge have been around for years. Not only that, but youtube has become so oversaturated with content that you'll see hundreds of videos posted on the same topic. Not to mention, when the big youtubers did start, they had an easier opportunity to get noticed because there wasn't so many people trying to become "youtubers".

So I say just keep having fun with it and don't worry too much about the numbers! Before you know it, people will subscribe to you and actually enjoy your content! Baby steps man!

Reactions: Panic Puppet Gaming