Staff Ask Me Almost Anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Hi guys,

Some of you may have seen me around the forums mainly in the comments and suggestions section answering questions.I would like to invite you all to ask any questions you may have in this thread and ill answer them as best I can.The only thing I will not do is talk about date's.

As some of you have seen I am mostly answering questions relating to development however I will happily attempt to answer or find an answer for almost any question you may have here.

So fire away the only rule is follow the forums rules and if I give an answer you dont like feel free to offer me a rebuttal but I wont discuss a point with anyone if they turn in to a troll or just become disrespectful to myself or anyone in this thread.

I want to do this to help support and answer questions you guys have or address topics your curious about and ill do this for as long as it stays constructive.So feel free to "ask me almost anything" (see what I did there) even personal questions if you like hehe.

Stef

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
I haven't really got an official title per say I am filling a lot of roles at the moment whilst we work up to the hiring process.

At the moment I am the You Tube direct contact, A product owner for a few projects, The product manager acting as a buffer between Development staff and everyone else, Designing several future products and refreshing some older one's we have promised in the past, Working on community outreach with thing's such as this and am involved largely in decision making processes relating to development and product.

Most of my role is between development and everyone else and a large task I am working on at the moment is standardizing and refreshing documentation and forms in that area whilst designing product enhancements,refreshes and new products.

Hope that makes seance going forward as we hire more staff over the next few months roles will become a lot more defined but at the moment my role is mainly fixing outstanding stuff that has been a bit lax, bringing in new SOP, looking to the future and our need's.

CyborgMonkeyYT

Co-Founder of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
alright if you work in those fields as you say let me ask you a bunch of why questions.

Why has the monstercat partnership between freedom and monstercat not gone through or had any announcement what so ever despite george making a video about it half a year ago.

Why has that so called car giveaway not happened yet.

Why does Freedom promise up to 95% revenue share despite that not even being remotely available to partners in terms of freedom points which has been in development for over a year now.

Why does freedom on the main website say they offer many things yet almost all of those things arent even happening yet and have been in development for a long time.

Why doesnt freedom devs focus on the major bug and glitches happening within the dashboard, payments, cms, and more despite them being paid a hefty ton and Freedom making enough money to hire capable developers why can they not finish all these projects which have been unfinished for months to years now.

Why are the staff members at Freedom who work in the areas they are supposed to be experienced in incapable of fixing these problems despite all the complaints from partners that are major and even networks.

Why does Freedom accepts staff members or have staff members that are below the age of 18 or 19 or even the legal age to sign a contract for work yet are allowed to be a staff member for a business regarding audience growth and development.

Why are staff payed through third party means with no records of payments such as via paypal.

Why if they are paid through means of paypal or others with no record of payment are staff members not considering the fact that government expenses and the like also count towards income tax or other various government things that have to be accounted for. For people who are actually the legal age to be considering these things what is being done about it.

Reactions: Kooky

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Hey man,

In with the hard questions :) I will answer what I can some I will have to find answers for you.

alright if you work in those fields as you say let me ask you a bunch of why questions.

Why has the monstercat partnership between freedom and monstercat not gone through or had any announcement what so ever despite george making a video about it half a year ago.

Monstercat has hit a lot of snag's during the process of getting contract's sorted out. This is a major service we want to supply to you guys and there is still work going on between us and Monstercat what stage it is at I am unsure as this is a sponsorship's question though I can find out for you. One of the issues we have had in the past is people getting overexcited and announcing things way to early this is something we are fixing presently.

I have only been here 2 months and don't have that info to hand but I will find out for you ASAP.

Why does Freedom promise up to 95% revenue share despite that not even being remotely available to partners in terms of freedom points which has been in development for over a year now.

Freedom points are again something which was announced way to early and was thought about short term but not long. 95% rev share is available in some cases but I don't know what the criteria is again I will find out for you.

Why does freedom on the main website say they offer many things yet almost all of those things arent even happening yet and have been in development for a long time.

Can you tell me which (its late I am tired so sorry if I missed something :) ) looking over the home page https://www.freedom.tm/ I cant see anything we don't offer maybe I am missing something myself?

Why doesnt freedom devs focus on the major bug and glitches happening within the dashboard, payments, cms, and more despite them being paid a hefty ton and Freedom making enough money to hire capable developers why can they not finish all these projects which have been unfinished for months to years now.

ill refer you to the last post in this thread where I have addressed this to save time

https://freedom.community.tm/thread...-overtime-a-message-from-a-subnetwork.156805/

If you would like more info ask and ill give what I can.

Why are the staff members at Freedom who work in the areas they are supposed to be experienced in incapable of fixing these problems despite all the complaints from partners that are major and even networks.

Again the above thread should answer this if not let me know what more you would like.

Why does Freedom accepts staff members or have staff members that are below the age of 18 or 19 or even the legal age to sign a contract for work yet are allowed to be a staff member for a business regarding audience growth and development.

Development we have no staff I am aware of under the age of 19 and our development team is all based locally. Legality's I cannot answer myself I am personally not aware of anyone under 16 working for us which is the minimum age for full time work in the U.K. where I am from.

Why are staff payed through third party means with no records of payments such as via paypal.

Why if they are paid through means of paypal or others with no record of payment are staff members not considering the fact that government expenses and the like also count towards income tax or other various government things that have to be accounted for. For people who are actually the legal age to be considering these things what is being done about it.

Again I can only speak from my experience but working remotely from the U.K. for a couple of months before I came here I was self employed and filed all appropriate paperwork with the relevant government departments. As someone who is classified as self employed like myself it is my responsibility to make sure I file all my appropriate paperwork in the U.K. and I was not entitled to any government benefit's . If I was to not declare my income and was to claim benefits then that would be committing fraud which is a serious issue and could land me in prison.Self employment in the U.K. is considered a pretty normal thing with a lot of company's.

Hope this answers your questions any more let me know or if you want more info on anything let me know to :)

Stef

CyborgMonkeyYT

Freedom! Member
Alright, I have even more why questions.

Why is it that George states multiple times that he looks over each and every channel, yet that is a blatant lie. Which we all know.

Why is it that completely blank channels with absolutely nothing on it not even a profile image can be automatically partnered with freedom hmm ?

For reference as a complete test I created two very very blank channels without nothing at all on them but a name and applied they both got accepted.

Third most people who joined freedom way back when it first opened in 2013 joined because everyone was offered a Managed partnership yet 2-3 months pass and George got in trouble from Google about it. So Why is it that a video update wasnt made to blatantly point out that people will only be getting affiliate there is no managed for everyone anymore.

Fourth i read through the link about the bug with the networks, I read all your responses and yet none of those answer my questions. You state that it is of top priority yet a bug like that should be capable of fixing within 24-48 hours yet it hasnt ? It Freedom hired capable and experienced employees except random freelance people then maybe things would be done on time and efficiently.

Next why is it that Freedom needs multiple CMS accounts? Not that thats a question I dont already know. I am asking as Freedom has no intention of ever removing blank accounts or copyrighted accounts unless it is an automated system. I can guarantee you if someone on the staff team went on the CMS and spent a couple days going through it and removing every blank channel there would still be a need for only 1 maybe even 2 cms accounts. The fact being Freedom takes on anyone and everyone. There is no opportunity for growth in that sense if even my cat can partner his non existent channel.

Why do you think Freedom as a network is going downhill and losing partners faster than anyone else? For crying out loud almost all the Master Networks under Freedom arent even with Freedom anymore. They left because Freedom was offering them nothing they couldnt get anywhere else for better.

I will have multiple other questions to ask and I am sure a lot of us would like an answer.

Pskovanion

Dutch Moderator
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
@Eradicide most of those questions are issues that are already solved. Empty channels are removed from Freedom and literally every channel partnered right now is reviewed by Freedom Staff.

As for your other questions, please refrain asking questions you already know the answer to, like you stated yourself. This is a thread to welcome Stefan into the staffteam, not to interrogate him on every single problem you have with Freedom.

I realize that Stefan is happy to answer all questions but i feel youre simply interrogating him right now and i am pretty sure he didnt mean that in his original post.

As for @Stefan Grant , thanks for all the help on the forums!

CyborgMonkeyYT

Freedom! Member
@Eradicide most of those questions are issues that are already solved. Empty channels are removed from Freedom and literally every channel partnered right now is reviewed by Freedom Staff.

As for your other questions, please refrain asking questions you already know the answer to, like you stated yourself. This is a thread to welcome Stefan into the staffteam, not to interrogate him on every single problem you have with Freedom.

I realize that Stefan is happy to answer all questions but i feel youre simply interrogating him right now and i am pretty sure he didnt mean that in his original post.

As for @Stefan Grant , thanks for all the help on the forums!
I appreciate your input bad even though no one asked for it at all. To what points were you referring to that we're solved?

Also his thread title is ask me almost anything if I'm not allowed to ask questions in a thread titled such please let me know :)

Also these questions were truthful and just and in no way come off as insulting or ride I am merely asking questions I want to know. I actually do mind however that you felt the need to tag me in your response to my thread and basically you just told me to refrain from asking questions that I want to know? I don't know about anyone else but that is a bit of a rude statement. I wasn't intending anything rude by this? And what is this about interrogating? This is a network forum I would like it if you refrain from using police jargon In a thread where I am entitled to ask questions. Thank you again for your time bas and I hope you can refrain from replying to me when I have the right to post and ask questions. I thought this was a family?

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Hi guys,

Some of you may have seen me around the forums mainly in the comments and suggestions section answering questions.I would like to invite you all to ask any questions you may have in this thread and ill answer them as best I can.The only thing I will not do is talk about date's.

As some of you have seen I am mostly answering questions relating to development however I will happily attempt to answer or find an answer for almost any question you may have here.

So fire away the only rule is follow the forums rules and if I give an answer you dont like feel free to offer me a rebuttal but I wont discuss a point with anyone if they turn in to a troll or just become disrespectful to myself or anyone in this thread.

I want to do this to help support and answer questions you guys have or address topics your curious about and ill do this for as long as it stays constructive.So feel free to "ask me almost anything" (see what I did there) even personal questions if you like hehe.

Stef
I hear that you have an awesome roommate, tell me is he as cool as he is handsome?[DOUBLEPOST=1442640853,1442640661][/DOUBLEPOST]

mmm, you may want to watch the announcement video again George said we would do that when we his a benchmark, we have yet to hit it as a network to my knowledge.[DOUBLEPOST=1442640972][/DOUBLEPOST]

you may want to read this article which explains that. That claim has nothing to do with Freedom points.

Pskovanion

Dutch Moderator
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I appreciate your input bad even though no one asked for it at all. To what points were you referring to that we're solved?

Also his thread title is ask me almost anything if I'm not allowed to ask questions in a thread titled such please let me know :)

Also these questions were truthful and just and in no way come off as insulting or ride I am merely asking questions I want to know. I actually do mind however that you felt the need to tag me in your response to my thread and basically you just told me to refrain from asking questions that I want to know? I don't know about anyone else but that is a bit of a rude statement. I wasn't intending anything rude by this? And what is this about interrogating? This is a network forum I would like it if you refrain from using police jargon In a thread where I am entitled to ask questions. Thank you again for your time bas and I hope you can refrain from replying to me when I have the right to post and ask questions. I thought this was a family?

The reason why i tagged you was because i had a message directly for you, tagging you for that isnt rude/offensive or anything close to that. I havent said you cant ask questions, i said you cant ask questions you already know the answer to, you stated that yourself.

And that point still stands, stop interrogating Stefan with questions you already know the answer to, make a seperate thread for that if you want to discuss it.

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Hi guys,

Stef
How Log Will It Be Till Freedom Lets Us Turn Of Monetization Or At Least The NonSkipable Adds

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Alright, I have even more why questions.

Why is it that George states multiple times that he looks over each and every channel, yet that is a blatant lie. Which we all know.

Every channel does get reviewed individually now I cant comment on what George has said in the past as I was not working with Freedom! then.

Why is it that completely blank channels with absolutely nothing on it not even a profile image can be automatically partnered with freedom hmm ?

They can no longer be partnered with Freedom! this is one of the first things I implemented when I arrived.

For reference as a complete test I created two very very blank channels without nothing at all on them but a name and applied they both got accepted.

If this is the case I would love to have a look in to it how long ago was this? and could you pm me the partner ID?

Third most people who joined freedom way back when it first opened in 2013 joined because everyone was offered a Managed partnership yet 2-3 months pass and George got in trouble from Google about it. So Why is it that a video update wasnt made to blatantly point out that people will only be getting affiliate there is no managed for everyone anymore.

I am unsure again I cant comment on things that went on before I arrived but I can look in to it.

Fourth i read through the link about the bug with the networks, I read all your responses and yet none of those answer my questions. You state that it is of top priority yet a bug like that should be capable of fixing within 24-48 hours yet it hasnt ? It Freedom hired capable and experienced employees except random freelance people then maybe things would be done on time and efficiently.

24-48 hours? I'm going to be blunt one thing I hate as someone working in development is blanket statements like this when individual's are not familiar with the back end of our systems or there architecture. I thought we had fixed this Friday ill be honest however I have had reports that it is not fixed. The biggest problem we have when fighting bugs like this is getting specifics as the dashboard code base is huge and we cant trawl through every line of code looking for the mistake its an impossible task.

If you are familiar with our back end though and want to give me a hint as to where to look so it can be resolved in 24-48 hours that would be great.The bug itself will probably be a 24-48 hour fix finding and isolating the code causing it not so much.

I have worked in the games industry for several years and we have the same issue there.

Next why is it that Freedom needs multiple CMS accounts? Not that thats a question I dont already know. I am asking as Freedom has no intention of ever removing blank accounts or copyrighted accounts unless it is an automated system. I can guarantee you if someone on the staff team went on the CMS and spent a couple days going through it and removing every blank channel there would still be a need for only 1 maybe even 2 cms accounts. The fact being Freedom takes on anyone and everyone. There is no opportunity for growth in that sense if even my cat can partner his non existent channel.

Blank accounts have been removed and copyright accounts are being removed I have been heavily involved in designing the tooling to do this and can guarantee they are being.Blanks are now automatically removed copyright content its a little bit harder as we haven't got a thumbprint system and that is a Goliath of a task.So for now every incoming channel is manually reviewed. As for multiple CMS I know that way back when there was a cap on the amount of people you can have in a CMS and its a task to move every user over to one CMS as we have to work with google to do that its not something we can do without kicking everyone from 2-4 and re-inviting and for the hassle it would gain us very little. I also fail to see how this stops someone growing because there is more users under a CMS.

Why do you think Freedom as a network is going downhill and losing partners faster than anyone else? For crying out loud almost all the Master Networks under Freedom arent even with Freedom anymore. They left because Freedom was offering them nothing they couldnt get anywhere else for better.

Personally I know we have issues at the moment but we are not declining growth is still up though has slowed slightly. Going downhill fast is not the case here from the latest figures that were pulled Friday.

Stef
[DOUBLEPOST=1442890808,1442890737][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll go easy on you. How did you get the job at Freedom?
I have worked with George on many projects over a number of years going back to when TGN launched :)[DOUBLEPOST=1442890924][/DOUBLEPOST]
How Log Will It Be Till Freedom Lets Us Turn Of Monetization Or At Least The NonSkipable Adds
This is something I don't know the answer to though I can try to find out :)

FunionGames

Rising User
Sep 14, 2015
N/A
YouTube
I would like to ask how I'm going to be paid, cause I have looked it up and i haven't been getting the answers I've been looking for.....call me stupid, but is adsense REALLY required to get money from YouTube? Some say it is but I've seen many people say they've gotten paid..even the smaller channels on here, but I want to know if it's absolutely required to earn income...

If it is, I'm gonna get a LITTLE discouraged.

I've got a gaming channel and I've been working like crazy to put out content.... I just don't want the big GA keeping me from building my career on YouTube

Not everyone can just go out and build a badass website..that's my main concern with Adsense

Last edited:

Andrew OPT

Respected User
Mar 26, 2015
UK
www.optimizegroupltd.com
I would like to ask how I'm going to be paid, cause I have looked it up and i haven't been getting the answers I've been looking for.....call me stupid, but is adsense REALLY required to get money from YouTube? Some say it is but I've seen many people say they've gotten paid..even the smaller channels on here, but I want to know if it's absolutely required to earn income...

If it is, I'm gonna get a LITTLE discouraged.

I've got a gaming channel and I've been working like crazy to put out content.... I just don't want the big GA keeping me from building my career on YouTube

Not everyone can just go out and build a badass website..that's my main concern with Adsense

If you are a partner of Freedom you will be paid by PayPal you only need AdSense to be paid if you are not linked to a network

Reactions: GoddessGigiG

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Ive never run a tech channel for Freedom! I was involved in Divine souls back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.