Any Suggestions for a "Starter" Anime?

Alkaline Martin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
I could spend the rest of the day suggesting some lol but i'll try and restrain myself to 10 only :D

1. Death Note
  2. Steins Gate
  3. Chaos Head
  4. High School of the Dead
  5. Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
  6. Chobits
  7. Sword Art Online
  8. Bleach
  9. Blood Lad
  10. Darker Than Black

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
What genre of show are you normally into? that should help to recommend one.

Action/ Comedy / Drama :)

I could spend the rest of the day suggesting some lol but i'll try and restrain myself to 10 only :D

1. Death Note
  2. Steins Gate
  3. Chaos Head
  4. High School of the Dead
  5. Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
  6. Chobits
  7. Sword Art Online
  8. Bleach
  9. Blood Lad
  10. Darker Than Black

Thank you! I have heard of a few of these and they look interesting :)

Generic Baka

Otaku Lord and Saviour
Freedom! Member
Oct 9, 2015
YouTube
Well I started off with a lot of action/shounen personally. The first anime I've ever watched aside from Pokemon/Dragonball as a child was Blue Exorcist/青のExorcist! If you like something heart-wrenching and strangely beautiful and feels-y ask but the ones I have in mind aren't really good "starters."

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
Well I started off with a lot of action/shounen personally. The first anime I've ever watched aside from Pokemon/Dragonball as a child was Blue Exorcist/青のExorcist! If you like something heart-wrenching and strangely beautiful and feels-y ask but the ones I have in mind aren't really good "starters."

I guess I started with Pokemon and Dragon Ball too :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
- Naruto
- Bleach
- Highschool of the Dead
- Devil may Cry
- One Piece
- Witchblade
- Attack on Titan
- Hellsing Ultimate
- Blood Brothers
- Ghost in the Shell
- Dragon Ball Z
- Dragon Ball Super
- Elfenlied
- SoulTaker
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Shining Tears X Wind
- Rosario x Vampire
- Beserk
- Sword art online
- Death Note
- Deadman Wonderland

Need more? :p

Ikerot

Anime Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Oct 13, 2014
California
www.youtube.com
YouTube
IkerotDea
Hah, Boku no Pico xD *to be honest with you, it's not that bad as everybody think it is. People just love screwing each other with that one. There are a lot worse, but more entertaining than Boku no Pico. It is really boring :p

Then again, maybe it's because I'm a girl and I don't feel the way guys do about it. I still understand why it's "wrong" but it's still really boring XDDD

Action/ Comedy / Drama huh? Hm...

Newer case of anime... One Punch Man fits the comedy and action. It's only 2 eps right now.
I agree with Bee about Clannad.
Rozen Maiden (tournament style anime. It's a bunch of dolls fighting each other XD but it's great)
Girl und Panzer (it's an anime about high school girls driving tanks... I know... but damn does it get intense. Clutch moments owo)
Bamboo Blade (anime about Kendo. These girls yell... a lot ._. such good actresses)
Obviously gotta recommend Utawarerumono (not the new one, currently).
If you're into sex jokes... and I mean a lot of it XD Seitokai Yakuindomo is a hilarious anime. If you are looking more towards slapstick-y... Amagi Brilliant Park. :p
And... uhh... Marchen Awaken Romance ._. Obviously. My fav anime. Why not?

Reactions: Kan

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
Hah, Boku no Pico xD *to be honest with you, it's not that bad as everybody think it is. People just love screwing each other with that one. There are a lot worse, but more entertaining than Boku no Pico. It is really boring :p

Then again, maybe it's because I'm a girl and I don't feel the way guys do about it. I still understand why it's "wrong" but it's still really boring XDDD

Action/ Comedy / Drama huh? Hm...

Newer case of anime... One Punch Man fits the comedy and action. It's only 2 eps right now.
I agree with Bee about Clannad.
Rozen Maiden (tournament style anime. It's a bunch of dolls fighting each other XD but it's great)
Girl und Panzer (it's an anime about high school girls driving tanks... I know... but damn does it get intense. Clutch moments owo)
Bamboo Blade (anime about Kendo. These girls yell... a lot ._. such good actresses)
Obviously gotta recommend Utawarerumono (not the new one, currently).
If you're into sex jokes... and I mean a lot of it XD Seitokai Yakuindomo is a hilarious anime. If you are looking more towards slapstick-y... Amagi Brilliant Park. :p
And... uhh... Marchen Awaken Romance ._. Obviously. My fav anime. Why not?

Thank you for the suggestions and even your own personal favorite anime! :)