Any Suggestions for a "Starter" Anime?

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Ohh! I forgot to mention Beelzebub! Awesome Anime and alot of Fun Action :D[DOUBLEPOST=1444876259][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hah, Boku no Pico xD *to be honest with you, it's not that bad as everybody think it is. People just love screwing each other with that one. There are a lot worse, but more entertaining than Boku no Pico. It is really boring :p

Then again, maybe it's because I'm a girl and I don't feel the way guys do about it. I still understand why it's "wrong" but it's still really boring XDDD

Action/ Comedy / Drama huh? Hm...

Newer case of anime... One Punch Man fits the comedy and action. It's only 2 eps right now.
I agree with Bee about Clannad.
Rozen Maiden (tournament style anime. It's a bunch of dolls fighting each other XD but it's great)
Girl und Panzer (it's an anime about high school girls driving tanks... I know... but damn does it get intense. Clutch moments owo)
Bamboo Blade (anime about Kendo. These girls yell... a lot ._. such good actresses)
Obviously gotta recommend Utawarerumono (not the new one, currently).
If you're into sex jokes... and I mean a lot of it XD Seitokai Yakuindomo is a hilarious anime. If you are looking more towards slapstick-y... Amagi Brilliant Park. :p
And... uhh... Marchen Awaken Romance ._. Obviously. My fav anime. Why not?
Sound like a sort like Highschool DXD Anime? XD

Reactions: Bee

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Boku no Pico is VERY far off from High School DxD.... Though one of the characters may share some slight similarities.
Ohh, well i tought DxD was a weird anime xD
Friend of mine told me once and showed some fragments, but if what you name doesn't even come close then i can guess what kind of anime it must be xD

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Ohh, well i tought DxD was a weird anime xD
Friend of mine told me once and showed some fragments, but if what you name doesn't even come close then i can guess what kind of anime it must be xD

High School DxD dare I say has likely earned the title of best ecchi anime ever... High School DxD mainly though just shows off generally very large assets.. Boku no Pico is on a far different and worse level. I could go into more detail but I'm trying to keep it family friendly xD your welcome to PM me or something for more detailed clarification.. that or take the torture and sit through the show.. DxD is actually on my top 10 list.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Also no suggestions from Nerd :/

Sorry Kan but in my oppinion there is no such thing as "starter anime" because what I think is easy to get and generally fun for anyone might be something you wont get even after rewatching it few times, thats just how anime is.
For example sometimes you need to understand japanese culture to get a joke or understand the kind of setting everything is in, etc, etc. For me thats obvious, for you most likely not.

If you really want my suggestions I guess ill list off some things that I kind of started out with.

For mystery/drama - "Death Note"
Straight up mystery - "Detective conan" (aka "Case closed")
hmmm...
Light horror "Another"
Commedy - Great Teacher Onizuka (japanese humour sence is bit different then western one)
Action - "Sword of the stranger" (Suggestion for anyone who did not watch this) This isnt a series but a movie so should be easier to pick up.
Fantasy/action - MAR (aka dont remember....) (not really serious - kids oriented for the most part)
whole mix of genres here but its mostly mystery/magic/millitary - "Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood" (DO NOT MISTAKE WITH "Full Metal Alchemist")

This list can go on and on :|

Reactions: Bee and Kan

Ikerot

Anime Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Oct 13, 2014
California
www.youtube.com
YouTube
IkerotDea
Fantasy/action - MAR (aka dont remember....) (not really serious - kids oriented for the most part)
Wait... MAR was kid orientated? Huh, no wonder Chimera got literally ripped apart from torture (actually, after the villagers killed her ex-Chess Piece husband and then decided to torture her) only to be stitched back in order to become a Knight in the Chess Piece XDDD Or how Halloween obviously burned all the children alive because they were bullying him when he was a kid.

ily, Nerd <3 Although I do get you, the anime was trying to make it more "kid-friendly" to get a wider audience. Because the manga is fabulous :D

Marchen Awaken Romance is an anime where the villains are somehow more interesting than the heroes themselves. Lol.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Wait... MAR was kid orientated? Huh, no wonder Chimera got literally ripped apart from torture (actually, after the villagers killed her ex-Chess Piece husband and then decided to torture her) only to be stitched back in order to become a Knight in the Chess Piece XDDD Or how Halloween obviously burned all the children alive because they were bullying him when he was a kid.

ily, Nerd <3 Although I do get you, the anime was trying to make it more "kid-friendly" to get a wider audience. Because the manga is fabulous :D

Marchen Awaken Romance is an anime where the villains are somehow more interesting than the heroes themselves. Lol.
Maybe I should pick up the manga then cuz anime seemed like publishers wanted to turn down the darkness in it, I did not even finish watching it because of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1444928778,1444928715][/DOUBLEPOST]At very least it was not directly starting out dark.... and im quick to judge.

Reactions: Ikerot

Ikerot

Anime Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Oct 13, 2014
California
www.youtube.com
YouTube
IkerotDea
Maybe I should pick up the manga then cuz anime seemed like publishers wanted to turn down the darkness in it, I did not even finish watching it because of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1444928778,1444928715][/DOUBLEPOST]At very least it was not directly starting out dark.... and im quick to judge.
Yeah, it started out basic. A boy who dreams of another world, magical stuff happens. XD There's a lot of dark undertones in the anime (mostly from the villains themselves), some of them are out there in your face though.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
.hack//sign - MMO world type of anime. Action, adventure, a little bit of mystery I suppose.

Sword Art Online - Another MMO world type of anime. Action mostly. OP Main Character.
The Devil is a Part Timer - I felt this anime was super funny.
Elfen Lied - Action, drama, gore, nudity ... it's a very mature anime, and I like the story. It's essentially about a vicious killer.
Full Metal Alchmeist: Brotherhood - I actually recommend this over the first one as it follow the manga story. Watching Full Metal Alchemist after that is fine.
Code Geass - Main character is essentially similar to the main character of Death Note, just less mad with power. also has a lot of action scenes in the form of mecha fights.
Death Note - Awesome show if you like to watch a person go absolutely nuts with power and with their dark sense of justice while a detective tries to catch him.
Shakugan no Shana - A lot of action, and an interesting story with a few twists here and there. Think there is 3 seasons.
Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase - It's essentially about a cute vampire girl. Has a lot of action in it.
Kill la Kill: Wanna watch a pretty crazy anime? This is a fun one.
Akatsuki no Yona - A fantastic action, adventure anime.
Rurouni Kenshin - Pretty awesome anime, though a bit older though.
Skip Beat! - Girl tries to get revenge on her x by entering and defeating him in show biz. It's pretty hilarious at times.
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - In case you want a cute little love story to watch XD.
Tokyo Ghoul - Word of warning, this anime is pretty sick at times, but overall it's a pretty great anime.
Kiseujuu: Sei no Kakuritsu - This one is a bit weird, but it really turns out to be a pretty amazing anime.

Edit:
Actually .. I recommend all of the .hack series really. Sign, Legend of the Twilight, and Roots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Generic Baka

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Fruits Basket is a great anime :) That's what I started on :D
That is quite a shojo anime, so im not exactly sure if its to be suggested to Kan as a starter lol.

Not saying that men cant enjoy such anime or whatever (I've personally seen quite a bit of shojo and/or romance anime) , but that might leave a wrong impression on anime as a whole.