VR *136 Voice Actors Needed For BIG Project*

InBradysHead

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 7, 2015
YouTube
I'd totally be interested in any kind of role you'd need, big or small, or whatever kind of role you see fit for my voice. My voice isn't exactly ideal for a game like this, so I'll let you be the judge of that.

I'm really interested though, I just started playing FF7 the other day and I absolutely love it. :)

If you need it, my twitter is the same as my username here.

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
I'd totally be interested in any kind of role you'd need, big or small, or whatever kind of role you see fit for my voice. My voice isn't exactly ideal for a game like this, so I'll let you be the judge of that.

I'm really interested though, I just started playing FF7 the other day and I absolutely love it. :)

If you need it, my twitter is the same as my username here.
Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. So I checked out your channel. The mic you use for your videos, would that be the same one you'd use for the voice recording?

InBradysHead

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 7, 2015
YouTube
Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. So I checked out your channel. The mic you use for your videos, would that be the same one you'd use for the voice recording?
No it wouldn't be. I have a blue snowball mic somewhere that I would probably use, but I was thinking of getting a new one anyways.

Jakeypancakey

New User
Aug 14, 2015
Hi blue tribal! My name is jake, and I've really been trying to get into voice acting for awhile now, I currently have a YouTube channel but have not uploaded my first game review yet, should be out soon though! So you can't hear my voice from my YouTube channel right now But I would still love to audition for a role, so if you could send me a script for a more major role I'd love to send you my voice through email! So if you could email me at [email protected] that would be amazing! Thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1439588756][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and I also forgot to mention that if you would like to me record my voice in a YouTube video just for this I could also do that.

Last edited:

Hicksu

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2014
YouTube
HAAROU! Tribal! :D I'm Hicksu and I've been doing some VA and if there's some spots left then maybe I can do them! :) Sadly I've never played FF but I think it's fine! You can check out my channel to hear my voice and my twitter is: HicksuThePixel
The rest we can speak on twitter! :)

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
Hi there!

So, I'm looking for a lot of people to record some lines for a project I've been working on. It is a let's play but with a difference... The game in question is Final Fantasy VII. I did start this ages ago but had to postpone it due to unforeseen circumstances but now all systems are go. Anyway, as some of you may know, FF7 is all text based dialogue, and after playing through FF9 for YouTube I decided it might be a cool idea to have all the characters be voiced by other people...

So to the point. I've already recorded all of the footage for this let's play and I've already written out all of the scripts. So all that's left is to cast everyone, do the voice recordings and for me to edit it all together. I have a list of 136 characters (yeah...it's a lot) but some roles are so small, some people can do the parts of more than one character... I will write a list of all the characters at the bottom of this post and also display how major their roles are so if you fancy a small, medium are major role, it will be easier for you to pick who you would like to play.

What you will get in return: Firstly I will make sure your channel is linked in the description of ALL videos your voice is used for. I will also be doing another sort of 'shoutout' video at some point as well highlighting a lot of the characters (your channels basically) along with (if you want) you selling yourself. So basically talking about your channel, what people can expect to find on your channel etc and why they should check it out! You will also get shoutouts on Twitter from me when each part goes up on YouTube that you've been involved in. Not only that but I'm aiming big with this project so if all goes well, a lot of people will see it and hopefully, that will translate into more people following the links to your channels...
I'm wanting to keep this strictly to Freedom members as well so you can kind of say this is a BIG Freedom collaboration. (The biggest I believe...)

Anyway, here's some of the other details and what to do next.
Pick a character (or a few depending on the roles) and then let me know which ones you're interested in. Also, feel free to drop a link here to one of your videos that you think best shows off your voice/mic clarity/voice acting skills. Will make things so much easier for me lol. (Or if you're feeling REALLY motivated, record a video specially for it...)

I only ask that you have at least a half decent quality mic and not have any background noise in the recordings... (So no computer fans, cars in the distance, dogs barking etc etc). AND preferably have a Twitter account so we can not only keep in touch easily but also for the shoutouts!

Anyway, that is all. Just leave a comment if you have any questions or whatever and I'll get back to you asap. Cheers.

LIST OF CHARACTERS
Major roles
  • Cloud
  • Barret
  • Aeris
  • Tifa
  • Red XIII (TAKEN)
  • Cait Sith/Reeve
  • Cid (TAKEN...maybe)
Big-Moderate Roles
  • Sephiroth (TAKEN)
  • Heidegger
  • Hojo - (TAKEN)
  • Scarlet
  • Rufus
Small-Moderate Roles
  • Reno (TAKEN)
  • President Shinra
  • Tseng
  • Elena
  • Rude
  • Dyne
  • Bugenhagen
  • Shera
  • Biggs
  • Wedge
  • Jessie
Minor Roles
I'm not going to write a list of ALL the other characters or this post will end up being huge! But it mainly includes very small roles such as; Soldiers, Shop Keepers and other random NPC's etc. (Vincent and Yuffie are classed as main characters but they have hardly any lines in this so I'm classing them as Minor Roles). So if you want one of the minor roles, just pick something from those 3 types I listed and we'll go from there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this incredibly long post! I wanted to include as much info as I could...

Hope to hear from you soon.

P.S.
If you DID audition for this the last time I posted about this, just let me know.
This sounds pretty cool! I'm interested!! I'm not very familiar with Final Fantasy, but I can become as acclimated as need be. I've got tons of free time, so definitely count me in wherever you need me!

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
No it wouldn't be. I have a blue snowball mic somewhere that I would probably use, but I was thinking of getting a new one anyways.
Awesome. Sorry for the late reply by the way. Had a fairly hectic couple of days.
So do you have a Twitter?[DOUBLEPOST=1439685014][/DOUBLEPOST]
HAAROU! Tribal! :D I'm Hicksu and I've been doing some VA and if there's some spots left then maybe I can do them! :) Sadly I've never played FF but I think it's fine! You can check out my channel to hear my voice and my twitter is: HicksuThePixel
The rest we can speak on twitter! :)
Plenty of spots left buddy. :)
Will follow you on Twitter now. Drop me a PM when you're next on. Cheers.[DOUBLEPOST=1439685195][/DOUBLEPOST]
This sounds pretty cool! I'm interested!! I'm not very familiar with Final Fantasy, but I can become as acclimated as need be. I've got tons of free time, so definitely count me in wherever you need me!
Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. :)
You don't need to be familiar with FF7, all the lines are on a script with a few directions here and there. What kind of role would you be interested in? Major or a bit more low key?
Also, what's your Twitter? Lol.

Last edited:

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
Awesome. Sorry for the late reply by the way. Had a fairly hectic couple of days.
So do you have a Twitter?[DOUBLEPOST=1439685014][/DOUBLEPOST]
Plenty of spots left buddy. :)
Will follow you on Twitter now. Drop me a PM when you're next on. Cheers.[DOUBLEPOST=1439685195][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. :)
You don't need to be familiar with FF7, all the lines are on a script with a few directions here and there. What kind of role would you be interested in? Major or a bit more low key?
Also, what's your Twitter? Lol.
https://twitter.com/AshleySilver101

Mister Dom

Rising User
Jul 22, 2015
YouTube
Hey there! I don't know if you still need people, or if I'd be a good fit (I have a kinda deep, depressing voice). But I'd be interested, it sounds like fun! I honestly have no preference for a role! And to be honest, I know nothing of Final Fantasy...

Just so you know, I use a Blue Snowball.

(Don't have a Twitter at the moment)

YouTube (for my voice): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK2CwiHYPexVJ9MTijJ9ztQ

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
Hey there! I don't know if you still need people, or if I'd be a good fit (I have a kinda deep, depressing voice). But I'd be interested, it sounds like fun! I honestly have no preference for a role! And to be honest, I know nothing of Final Fantasy...

Just so you know, I use a Blue Snowball.

(Don't have a Twitter at the moment)

YouTube (for my voice): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK2CwiHYPexVJ9MTijJ9ztQ
Yeah still looking. Not even halfway through yet...
Are you getting a Twitter account at any point? And I know you said you have no preference for whatever role but how major a role would you want?[DOUBLEPOST=1440030249][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've always wanted to try out voice acting, If you think my voice would work for one of your parts, Check me out:
youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-gQujbzff5qUaSc2U1o8LQ
Checked out your channel. Got one character in mind I think you might be good for. Do you have Twitter?

Mister Dom

Rising User
Jul 22, 2015
YouTube
Yeah still looking. Not even halfway through yet...
Are you getting a Twitter account at any point? And I know you said you have no preference for whatever role but how major a role would you want?[DOUBLEPOST=1440030249][/DOUBLEPOST]
Checked out your channel. Got one character in mind I think you might be good for. Do you have Twitter?
I'm making a Twitter right now! I'll post a link when I do. I feel like a medium to major role would be good for me as well![DOUBLEPOST=1440044156][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm making a Twitter right now! I'll post a link when I do. I feel like a medium to major role would be good for me as well!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Miset_Dom

Reactions: Darth_Tribal

DaMeenie

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 14, 2015
YouTube
DaMeenie
I'll do any role you need! I'm a 17 year old male (deep voice, but not too clear) I can do a very wide array of voices, such as a child, old man, and even a few cartoon characters and real actors and even a few accents. My skype is Esquivalient (or DaMeenie if you cant find the last one) message me with any thoughts or even call me to get a preview of my voice! :)

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
I'll do any role you need! I'm a 17 year old male (deep voice, but not too clear) I can do a very wide array of voices, such as a child, old man, and even a few cartoon characters and real actors and even a few accents. My skype is Esquivalient (or DaMeenie if you cant find the last one) message me with any thoughts or even call me to get a preview of my voice! :)
Hi there. I don't use Skype unfortunately. What I do is I email a script or 2 and ask people to record a few lines for a few characters just to see who they might be best suited for and then take things from there. Is that something you'd be ok with doing?