VR *136 Voice Actors Needed For BIG Project*

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
Hi there!

So, I'm looking for a lot of people to record some lines for a project I've been working on. It is a let's play but with a difference... The game in question is Final Fantasy VII. I did start this ages ago but had to postpone it due to unforeseen circumstances but now all systems are go. Anyway, as some of you may know, FF7 is all text based dialogue, and after playing through FF9 for YouTube I decided it might be a cool idea to have all the characters be voiced by other people...

So to the point. I've already recorded all of the footage for this let's play and I've already written out all of the scripts. So all that's left is to cast everyone, do the voice recordings and for me to edit it all together. I have a list of 136 characters (yeah...it's a lot) but some roles are so small, some people can do the parts of more than one character... I will write a list of all the characters at the bottom of this post and also display how major their roles are so if you fancy a small, medium are major role, it will be easier for you to pick who you would like to play.

What you will get in return: Firstly I will make sure your channel is linked in the description of ALL videos your voice is used for. I will also be doing another sort of 'shoutout' video at some point as well highlighting a lot of the characters (your channels basically) along with (if you want) you selling yourself. So basically talking about your channel, what people can expect to find on your channel etc and why they should check it out! You will also get shoutouts on Twitter from me when each part goes up on YouTube that you've been involved in. Not only that but I'm aiming big with this project so if all goes well, a lot of people will see it and hopefully, that will translate into more people following the links to your channels...
I'm wanting to keep this strictly to Freedom members as well so you can kind of say this is a BIG Freedom collaboration. (The biggest I believe...)

IMPORTANT: I only ask that you have at least a half decent quality mic and not have any background noise in the recordings... (So no computer fans, cars in the distance, dogs barking etc etc).

Also, preferably have a Twitter account so we can not only keep in touch easily but also for the shoutouts!

Anyway, that is all. Just leave a comment if you have any questions or whatever and I'll get back to you asap. Cheers.

------- EDIT -------

The project is still going ahead but I'm going to focus solely on the main character's first now. Reasons being it's actually an insane amount of work trying to cast all the character's together when half of the people I've cast decide to go quiet on me part way through their recordings.

So, if you're still interested, I need to cast the character's:

Cloud,
Barret,
Tifa,
Cait Sith/Reeve,
Vincent,
Cid
and Aeris.

Also, to save time, if you'd like to audition, here are the steps:

1. Pick a character. (Google the character if you're unfamiliar with FFVII)
  2. Record a few lines for him/her (Google 'Final Fantasy VII Script' to get a hold of some lines)
  3. Email me the recording(s) to [email protected] along with your Twitter details so I can find you there.

And that should cover it all. But I must stress due to half the people I've cast so far abandoning the project, you MUST be devoted.

Thanks for taking the time to read this incredibly long post! I wanted to include as much info as I could...

Hope to hear from you soon.

P.S.
If you DID audition for this the last time I posted about this, just let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fourth Dimension

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
I am interested in joining you in this project thou one problem I know nothing of FF7 because I have never played any final fantasy games before (never had any consoles). So I don't know what role would fit me. I have a blue yeti and with my windows closed the provincial way next to my house isn't hearable during recordings (unless a firetruck/ambulance comes bye but the ill just rerecord). my microphone is a blue yeti and lastli I do have some voice acting experience seeing I do it in one of my own series.

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
I am interested in joining you in this project thou one problem I know nothing of FF7 because I have never played any final fantasy games before (never had any consoles). So I don't know what role would fit me. I have a blue yeti and with my windows closed the provincial way next to my house isn't hearable during recordings (unless a firetruck/ambulance comes bye but the ill just rerecord). my microphone is a blue yeti and lastli I do have some voice acting experience seeing I do it in one of my own series.
Hi, thanks for getting in touch. It doesn't matter if you're unfamiliar with FF7. How major a role are you interested in? And would you rather play a hero or villain?

Seb

Rising User
Aug 1, 2015
Hi Whats Up, This Sounds Like A Cool Project, !!, 2 things, i am unfamiliar with FF7. and could i be a villain, also, and lastly i have a samson CO1U microphone,

Reactions: Darth_Tribal

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
Hi, thanks for getting in touch. It doesn't matter if you're unfamiliar with FF7. How major a role are you interested in? And would you rather play a hero or villain?
i don't trust myself enough with the main roles so I think: Big-Moderate Roles, but If you think smaller roles suit me better than I don't mind. and the whole hero and villain thing really depends on the role. How the villain is or how the hero is but in general in don't mind either way.
channel for voice(i do voice acting in lorecast on my channel):https://www.youtube.com/user/riganthor

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
This is a cool project... I would love to help.
Ff7 is one of my favorite games :)

I have a good M-Audio mic for recording

But I don't have a large range of voices... I have my normal voice... and just a couple other variations so I could only manage to one of the major roles and maybe a couple minor roles.

If you need more help with this project, I have a friend I can ask that I've seen do over 200 voices...

HammerGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 24, 2014
YouTube
I'd be interested in this, I don't really know anything about FF and I don't have much experience with VA, but I can give clear audio with no background noise at all.

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
i don't trust myself enough with the main roles so I think: Big-Moderate Roles, but If you think smaller roles suit me better than I don't mind. and the whole hero and villain thing really depends on the role. How the villain is or how the hero is but in general in don't mind either way.
channel for voice(i do voice acting in lorecast on my channel):https://www.youtube.com/user/riganthor
Think I might have a pretty good role I think you could pull off quite well... Do you have Twitter so I can PM you some info etc?[DOUBLEPOST=1438545391][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd be interested in this, I don't really know anything about FF and I don't have much experience with VA, but I can give clear audio with no background noise at all.
Hi dude. Do you have any videos with just you and no one else? Lol. I can't figure out which one is you talking lol...

Last edited:

Dualangel1

Freedom! Member
May 20, 2015
YouTube
Well i do love FF7 a lot i'm not sure if my voice would be any help for this but i'll give it a go anyway :)
Would preferably want to be a villian but i don't mind if it's just a small role :D
My link should be below :)

Musical Anti Hero

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2014
Ontario, Canada
YouTube
TheMusiAH
Evening boss! I'd love to get to work on something this ambitious. Don't know much about Final Fantasy but I do have a lot of experience doing voice work and acting.

Name: Musical Anti Hero
Role Requested: Whatever My Voice best fits (would like something larger to moderate to challenge voice acting)
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicalAntiHero
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheMusiAH
Mic: Blue Nessie

Headshots available upon request (not really)

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
Well i do love FF7 a lot i'm not sure if my voice would be any help for this but i'll give it a go anyway :)
Would preferably want to be a villian but i don't mind if it's just a small role :D
My link should be below :)
Listened to you on your channel trailer. I think you do actually have a good voice for some roles but there is a bit of hissing from the recording...is that the only mic you have or do you have any other way of doing voice recordings?[DOUBLEPOST=1438553782][/DOUBLEPOST]
Evening boss! I'd love to get to work on something this ambitious. Don't know much about Final Fantasy but I do have a lot of experience doing voice work and acting.

Name: Musical Anti Hero
Role Requested: Whatever My Voice best fits (would like something larger to moderate to challenge voice acting)
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicalAntiHero
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheMusiAH
Mic: Blue Nessie

Headshots available upon request (not really)
Cool. Checked out some of your videos. Will message you on Twitter so I can send you some more stuff.

Last edited:

NomadicApollo

Respected User
I'd love to do some voice acting for this. I'd prefer to have smaller characters rather than a larger one because I don't know too much about FF7. My mic is a Blue Yeti if that matters, and here's my twitter and other ways of contacting me:

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/suparealapollo
Business Email: [email protected]
YouTube (to hear my voice): http://www.youtube.com/user/nomadicapollo

(I can aslo do a few different like a Kermit the Frog, Teenage Girl, and I can do a decent growl)

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
I'd love to do some voice acting for this. I'd prefer to have smaller characters rather than a larger one because I don't know too much about FF7. My mic is a Blue Yeti if that matters, and here's my twitter and other ways of contacting me:

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/suparealapollo
Business Email: [email protected]
YouTube (to hear my voice): http://www.youtube.com/user/nomadicapollo

(I can aslo do a few different like a Kermit the Frog, Teenage Girl, and I can do a decent growl)
I checked out your YouTube. You don't really have to be familiar with FF7, the scripts are all written out with everyone's lines and each scene has descriptions to give an idea as to what's going on.
I'll follow you on Twitter, if you could follow back so I can PM you that'd be great. I have a few characters in mind. One is a major role though cause I think you COULD suit one of them quite well but we'll see and I want to see how you get on with it... ;)