Resources YouTube Tags Crash Course

Hostslayer

Gamer Person
Freedom! Member
Apr 12, 2014
YouTube
Could someone give me a crash course on how to better use tags for YouTube. I've tried myself and it just doesn't click. I need someone to help me understand YouTube Tags.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Use the youtube auto-suggest feature. I'd consider putting in a word that's rellvant to your video, and seeing what it comes up with in the search engine. Look at other people's tags. Tubebuddy.com lets you see what everyone else comes up with for their video. Search for similar videos to yours, take note. You can only use 500 characters in your tags. Don't use misleading tags either, they need to be relevant.

http://keywordtool.io/youtube
http://www.betterwaytoweb.com/tag-generator-for-youtube

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Tubebuddy is a great way to see what tags are suited.

Besides that check your analystics and see wich words are used to find your video's. Besides that use everythibg that is relevant to the video. For example if you do Call of Duty Black ops 3. Cod Bo 3, Cod Black Ops 3, Black ops 3, Black Ops, Black, Ops, Call of Duty, Call, Duty.

I learned that using that by seperating the words it can be found easier.

OwnOrKo

Freedom! Member
Jan 10, 2016
UK
YouTube
OwnOrKo
I personally use VidIQ.. brilliant chrome extension which allows you to look up top and trending keywords used in any video you watch on youtube, I've used it to help target keywords related mostly to my video title / description, it's never good to mislead viewers with the wrong tags and i'll also advise to use long keywords e.g. 'how to make money' 'how to ......' so it's more targeted to search results.

Put yourself in the viewers shoes and imagine what you'd search to get certain videos :D

Hostslayer

Gamer Person
Freedom! Member
Apr 12, 2014
YouTube
I really need help because I was trying to get the #1 search result for "Nitric TV" and Slender (the person who made my header) has it I don't know how but he does. I honestly don't understand how it works.

OwnOrKo

Freedom! Member
Jan 10, 2016
UK
YouTube
OwnOrKo
there's a lot of metrics which falls in to place when it comes to ranking #1 sometimes people who start the trend will most likely dominate that result if the viewers enjoy their content a lot, the tags/titles & thumbnails are correct and most IMPORTANTLY! having a nice range of interesting videos based on that keyword which are uploaded on a schedule (so people know when to visit back) and organised into playlists.

For example i've seen a lot of channels have brilliant videos to start with but lack search result hits and gaining attention, I've noticed that having around 40/50+ videos on your channel will dramatically increase your chances of gaining more hits/views.. I can imagine having 40/50 videos based on the same game for example will increase Keyword and title consistency thus helping you more in search results for them terms.

I hope you understand this a little bit! I have a thread to help with plenty of tips on, i'll be working on the thread a little bit more soon but take a look! https://freedom.community.tm/threads/ultimate-guide-to-advertising-your-channel-videos.172797/

Last edited: