Would you rather have more Views or more Subscribers?

Kovuix

Kovu Productions
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
Just wanted an opinion on whether they would have more Views or more subscribers if they were to choose just one and why? What are the pros and cons of both?

Reactions: Brent Cone

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I think either are kind of useless without the other. If you have lots of subs and they don't watch your content then there is no point having them. If you have lots of views, but no subscribes then you don't have anyone returning to view content.
Agreed, they go hand in hand. The majority of most channel's views aren't from subs anyway, mostly because the initial sub views and interactions push the video to non subscribers.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
More views. To get more views (on average) is generally the result of having more subscribers.
Besides, just getting more subs is pointless if they don't come back half the time, or at all.

Bush_Baby_Plays

Minecraft Junkie
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Alabama
YouTube
I'd rather have more active subscribers. I notice a ton of newer YouTubers going around to popular channels and leaving advertisements for their channel, basically just saying how they want to get to a number. But when you look at their stuff, they have like 10k subs but only 1000 or so views per video and even less likes. I really only want subscribers that are interested in my stuff. Having an inflated number just isn't that appealing to me, I'd rather have a community of people, not empty subs.

Kovuix

Kovu Productions
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
I would rather have more vieuws.
Subscribers is just a number and i noticed most of my vieuws (90%) comes from non-subs.

Majority of my views are from non subs also[DOUBLEPOST=1448778003][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd rather have more active subscribers. I notice a ton of newer YouTubers going around to popular channels and leaving advertisements for their channel, basically just saying how they want to get to a number. But when you look at their stuff, they have like 10k subs but only 1000 or so views per video and even less likes. I really only want subscribers that are interested in my stuff. Having an inflated number just isn't that appealing to me, I'd rather have a community of people, not empty subs.

Agree! well said[DOUBLEPOST=1448778184][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd rather have more subs. Views aren't that important to me. Watch time is much more interesting. I have Japanese viewers who watch my videos almost completely. Then I have about 3x more Finnish watchers but they just visit the video and go away.

Yes, watch time is also important. It really does tell you if people are watching your videos all the way through and if thats the case, your pretty much doing a good job with your content.

Reactions: Bush_Baby_Plays

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Majority of my views are from non subs also[DOUBLEPOST=1448778003][/DOUBLEPOST]

Agree! well said[DOUBLEPOST=1448778184][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes, watch time is also important. It really does tell you if people are watching your videos all the way through and if thats the case, your pretty much doing a good job with your content.
Funny actually if you imagine that most of the vieuws come from non-subs wich opens the question what is the reason someone subs to you if they don't even watch your content? That is something i am curious about.

Alienskii

Respected User
Mar 19, 2015
YouTube
That's a hard one. I think having more subscribers show that they enjoy your content enough to support you. But that depends if you get views or not. Me personally, I would prefer to have more subscribers because I already get a decent amount of views on my channel from non subscribers.

Kovuix

Kovu Productions
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
Funny actually if you imagine that most of the vieuws come from non-subs wich opens the question what is the reason someone subs to you if they don't even watch your content? That is something i am curious about.

I think it's just then personal preference. Take myself for example, im subscribed to JustinScared and adamthewoo vlog channels. I used to watch their vlogs all the way through (unedited). It seems now too slow for me. I'm still subscribed to them but I'll only watch a video that looks or sounds interesting. It really does depend on the subscriber. As creators we all have our own interests and subscriptions.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I think it's just then personal preference. Take myself for example, im subscribed to JustinScared and adamthewoo vlog channels. I used to watch their vlogs all the way through (unedited). It seems now too slow for me. I'm still subscribed to them but I'll only watch a video that looks or sounds interesting. It really does depend on the subscriber. As creators we all have our own interests and subscriptions.
Hmm now that you mention it. Indeed!
Thanks for the answer, clears things up. That i have not tought of it myself actually haha

Reactions: Kovuix

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
Pros and cons,

Views - regular based views generally come from random ladies and gents that have no interest in you personally but the content you may have spoken on, from the video in question. This doesn't directly relate the amount of overall views you may get because they may have only watched that one video, and skipped through it which is very common. (ET. Viral videos) So retention time is lacking, which YouTube is primarily based on now.

Subs - If you stick to a constant submission of one genre, your subs will generally watch all the videos you've posted because they felt the need to sub to you why? Because they liked you and want to continue watching your content. Often watching the videos in its entirety ultimately bringing your retention time up respectively.

Of course this is looking at all this data and here say up on the point of the money making aspect of this question. Because if you were doing it for fun, it would ultimately not matter.

From a business perspective, I would say active subs (Not just regular subs), only because it will bring you more money based on consistency in watching content, and up retention time.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Kovuix