Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Afternoon,

I have twitter & instagram for my channel and post out the new videos on there but as I don't have a great deal of followers currently this doesn't generate huge amounts of views.

I have tried the G+ communities but they are full of spammers, I have posted (only once) in the "introduce yourself" forum but don't think it is right to spam my channel on here.

So where do you share/promote your videos?

Did see a comment in the chat that one person "share on facebook page and got 14k views" but I don't know if I can believe them.

Cheers

SOW

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
Well, I share only in Facebook, twitter and Google+. I didn't have much luck though, but sometimes it depends on your title. It wasn't much but I got like 9 views after being "retweeted" by the retweeting accounts I know. It wasn't much but at least someone was interested. For me it's all about luck there. It's so difficult to get a video out there :|

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Well, I share only in Facebook, twitter and Google+. I didn't have much luck though, but sometimes it depends on your title. It wasn't much but I got like 9 views after being "retweeted" by the retweeting accounts I know. It wasn't much but at least someone was interested. For me it's all about luck there. It's so difficult to get a video out there :|

I know the feeling, there is no clear answer to get your video out there. I am making sure I'm not missing another forum or facebook page to give my channel the best chance of being seen.

What do you mean by "retweeting accounts"?

Cheers

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
I know the feeling, there is no clear answer to get your video out there. I am making sure I'm not missing another forum or facebook page to give my channel the best chance of being seen.

What do you mean by "retweeting accounts"?

Cheers

By "retweeting accounts", I mean by these twitter accounts that once you follow them and mention them in your tweets, they'll retweet it instantly (given that they are active 'cause some are inactive). It's much of a long shot to be quite honest, but at least your video gets out there and who knows, maybe someone will like it :))

Reactions: Jac Morton

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Could you give tips on the whole SEO thing? It has been bugging me recently that I can't really grasp it's essence. :|
Put yourself into the shoes of someone who might find your video and think "What would I use to find my specific video?". Think of tags, titles, and descriptions that would attract you to your own video and make those your descriptions, titles, and tags.

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
Put yourself into the shoes of someone who might find your video and think "What would I use to find my specific video?". Think of tags, titles, and descriptions that would attract you to your own video and make those your descriptions, titles, and tags.

Oh. So that's it. I've been doing that though but its not turning out well. Getting buried by the bigger channels. But I did something in one of my videos that got me ranked no. 1 in the search results, so I'll do whatever I did with that video so I can get ranked higher. Thanks! :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Oh. So that's it. I've been doing that though but its not turning out well. Getting buried by the bigger channels. But I did something in one of my videos that got me ranked no. 1 in the search results, so I'll do whatever I did with that video so I can get ranked higher. Thanks! :)
What I think you've been doing is using tags that people would use to find videos like yours, but not yours specifically. You don't and shouldn't use the popular or single word tags, things that are longer and more specific will help you appeal to the top of the list.

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
What I think you've been doing is using tags that people would use to find videos like yours, but not yours specifically. You don't and shouldn't use the popular or single word tags, things that are longer and more specific will help you appeal to the top of the list.

All right, thanks for the tips man! They are more than helpful for me to choose the correct tags to use! :)

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
All right, thanks for the tips man! They are more than helpful for me to choose the correct tags to use! :)

Some great advice there, I have been using the tags but obviously my channel hasn't been around that long so I doesn't rank as well as I would like.

Is there any way around this or is it a case of waiting it out?

LuxrayBeats

Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2016
YouTube
Afternoon,

I have twitter & instagram for my channel and post out the new videos on there but as I don't have a great deal of followers currently this doesn't generate huge amounts of views.

I have tried the G+ communities but they are full of spammers, I have posted (only once) in the "introduce yourself" forum but don't think it is right to spam my channel on here.

So where do you share/promote your videos?

Did see a comment in the chat that one person "share on facebook page and got 14k views" but I don't know if I can believe them.

Cheers

SOW
I also share on facebook and lot of people check my videos du to my share on facebook but twitter and instagrame is also nice and helps a lot

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
I make use of Socializing. By getting to know others who share interest i gain followers on twitter. As i share my video's there and i gain audience and followers by socializing my video's also recieve more views.

I have been getting involved with Twitter and the guy I film does our instagram, it is slow going.

How did you find the communities you talk to?

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Rather than share videos get people to come to you. Long as you are active in things like forums, Youtube comments etc. people will check out your channel. Reddit can be good to get your name out there, but everyone has very mixed results with that.

I have tried reddit, I think I am doing ok on there - I haven't got much hate but I haven't got a great deal of comments ether. A lot of the views come from Google + at the moment but it feels a bit spammy on there tbh.

With the YouTube comments, I don't want to come across as spam what sort of things do you comment about?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
With the YouTube comments, I don't want to come across as spam what sort of things do you comment about?

Find similar channels that you like and start commenting, maybe you liked something in the video or even just ask them questions. Just having presence like that you will get people that check you out, as well as make friends. What ever you do don't ask for views/subs though :D

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Find similar channels that you like and start commenting, maybe you liked something in the video or even just ask them questions. Just having presence like that you will get people that check you out, as well as make friends. What ever you do don't ask for views/subs though :D

I have been avoiding asking for subs or views, if I am honest I'm pretty uncomfortable promoting the channel. I always feel really spammy when I tweet "Latest video live now, check it out".

Thanks for the advice, I am looking for smaller channels to chat to who make similar stuff. I will try spark up a conversation with them.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
What we have found succesful for youtubers starting out is a focus on Facebook, Twitter - and if you're gaming Player.me . However, you have to do more then just share your videos .. You do need to be active tweeting about different things (including Trends). Every time you share your video across several mediums - it increases your rankings.

Remember, Being a succesful Youtuber is a marathon - not a sprint.