What software to use when recording monitor?

T1Guy_Gaming

Rising User
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
Ive used a couple different ones such as OBS and found it difficult to use with all the different settings. My recording came in laggy when i did and I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if my computer is too slow. I need a free or very low priced software. Can anyone help?

Zurhv

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Feb 6, 2016
YouTube
Hey man, I use OBS and my recording were laggy except I looked up videos on how to get the best out of OBS! So, hope this helped because it really helped me :D

Reactions: T1Guy_Gaming

T1Guy_Gaming

Rising User
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
Hey man, I use OBS and my recording were laggy except I looked up videos on how to get the best out of OBS! So, hope this helped because it really helped me :D
do you possibly have a link to a video I could have? It would be very helpful. If not that is ok :)

Reactions: Zurhv

OneBarRouter

Rising User
Mar 4, 2016
If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, use Shadowplay. That is what I use, and if you take a look at my channel, you will see that it records the exact game settings, so 60+ FPS and well over 1440p without lagging at all. Highly recommend it.

Stelgim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
Norway
www.stelgim.com
YouTube
If you mean only the monitor and everything that's on it. I can use the Xsplit local record option.

For games, I use PlayClaw 5, back when I bought it I had it set up for TS3 names to show up when someone talked, can't get the plugin to work anymore, but it's still a good choice for splitting your mic from the game audio.. just keep in mind to not have too large files at once.

Older games, I mean classic games pre- WinXp etc, I tend to use Fraps for the game and Audacity to record my microphone.

I can't really say much about OBS, as I've not used it.

T1Guy_Gaming

Rising User
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
If you mean only the monitor and everything that's on it. I can use the Xsplit local record option.

For games, I use PlayClaw 5, back when I bought it I had it set up for TS3 names to show up when someone talked, can't get the plugin to work anymore, but it's still a good choice for splitting your mic from the game audio.. just keep in mind to not have too large files at once.

Older games, I mean classic games pre- WinXp etc, I tend to use Fraps for the game and Audacity to record my microphone.

I can't really say much about OBS, as I've not used it.

If I can't get ons to work I will look into it. Thank you!

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
We use Xsplit for both our network, and my private channel. It can be buggy on first updates - but I swear by it. Unfortunately , it does have a licensing fee.

Tudi Kovin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 17, 2014
YouTube
I have always used Fraps to record for youtube. I tried using DxTory since a friend recommended that to me, but the video always lagged.
I currently use Fraps to capture the screen, DxTory to capture mic (Probably going to get another program for that), and Windows Movie Maker to capture facecam.
Do notice that the filesize of a recording with Fraps or Dxtory will be very large, but the quality is very good :)!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Ive used a couple different ones such as OBS and found it difficult to use with all the different settings. My recording came in laggy when i did and I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if my computer is too slow. I need a free or very low priced software. Can anyone help?
I use litecamHD, it's affordable, hasn't broken down a single time for me, and you can have your own camera in the video.

Yuci YZ

Rising User
Mar 9, 2016
YouTube
You could use OBS you could record windows, monitor web came and add like webcam overlays. It's hell good for recording PC games, and its completely free. You could set it up real simple, or just find some tutorials on YouTube.