What is the most devastating moment you've experienced in a game?

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I don't remember if I asked this once before, but whatever. The one moment that made me feel genuinely upset, more so than in any other game I've played, is when I lost Wrex in Mass Effect. I was on whatever planet (it's been over a year since I played so I can't remember), and Wrex was telling me that we can't destroy the cure for his people, and some of the choices were highlighted in grey, so I could not choose them.

That is also where I learned to stop using the quicksave feature, because I could not go back to before I landed on the planet, meaning I could not do the other missions that could level me up more so I could stop Wrex from dying. That was the most upset I've ever been in a game.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
for me it was in Dragon age inquisition. I had finished another part of the main quest but by that time I had become quite tired of having to gather inquisition points to continue on with the main quest and hoped I could move on but I saw that for the next main quest I had to get double the pints of the last one and I just couldnt continue on anymore. it was just too grindy. it was soulcrushing, I wanted to love the game but I shut the game down and uninstalled it completely dissapointed and demotivated

C

Corpfox

Mass Effect 3's ending. Played my character from 1 to 3 to find out that I get the same outcome. Even though they patched it, it was very disappointing.

Caz

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 1, 2017
YouTube
mrjuantamad
I just finished installing the Frostfall mod for Skyrim, and started to marathon it for 8 hours. I didn't notice the last time I saved, but I never worried. Until the fire nation attacked the power grids...

Kidding. Power went out. I just got a bit dramatic because it hurt me for real. :(

Reactions: Corpfox