YouTube What has been your biggest struggle with YouTube?

BedfastDuck

Renowned User
Mar 20, 2015
YouTube
For me personally it is trying to create thumbnails. It takes a lot of time to do and I feel like I could be using that time to do other things. What is your biggest struggle?

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
For me personally it is trying to create thumbnails. It takes a lot of time to do and I feel like I could be using that time to do other things. What is your biggest struggle?
For me, it's slacking on editing and uploading videos. I remember a time when I used to edit, like, 7 videos in one day after recording a session of one-off videos. But once I started live streaming, I started slacking a little bit on my videos. However, it started getting worse when I started taking interest in anime back in February. For a month straight I did almost nothing but watch anime clips. I started not editing videos until the last few hours before I needed too go to bed. And not only that, but there was also a month's worth of videos from channels I'm subscribed to that I had to catch up on.

But then about a couple months ago, I was caught up and then started getting distracted by other videos again, including a whole bunch of M*A*S*H episodes on Dailymotion. Now I'm a month behind on subscriptions again. And, lately, I have been forgetting to upload videos after editing them, so I sometimes have to upload them early the next morning. But live streaming on Twitch and using the videos afterwards to create highlights for YouTube has given me less excuses to procrastinate from making videos, but not so much with my subscriptions. And I still sometimes forget to upload my videos.

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Regular upload schedule besides SEO stuff. However, depending on your channel/content, SEO may not be important, especially if a majority of your views are external, such as embed/links on forums and sites.