What do I do? - Losing subs because I quit Minecraft

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
When you build a channel around a specific theme or game, then people are going to get upset and leave when you change it.
It's like subscribing to a vlogging channel and get really into the vlogs, only to have him switch to full time gaming channel.

Reactions: This Is Ethan

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
This will happen a lot which is why you've got to start with a wide variety of things when starting out on YouTube so when you quit something your audience is still used to other things, as for them unsubscribing and whatever just ignore it because the people that do were never gonna be loyal subscribers anyway.

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
This will happen a lot which is why you've got to start with a wide variety of things when starting out on YouTube so when you quit something your audience is still used to other things, as for them unsubscribing and whatever just ignore it because the people that do were never gonna be loyal subscribers anyway.
Yeah true. Thanks for helping :)

Reactions: UnstoppableFrost

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I also have my old content still on my channel and as for thumbnails i have them as basic as things can get. I have seen people using a wallpaper as thumbnail and still recieve over 20K views so for that part i think it doesn't really matter much.
When looking back i have also content wich i think is better to be deleted but i don't see reason to do it as i still recieve views and comments on it wich is a good thing. Comparing old content to new shows your career and how much you have grown along the way ;)

PatrickOnEdge

Rising User
Apr 19, 2016
Philippines, Quezon CIty
YouTube
I personally think the reason that people are leaving because of the fact that Minecraft was the game the initially hooked them to your channel and now that it's gone they have no reason to stay; Sadly when going through a revamp there is that possibility to lose views and subscribers. Simply put let's say you watch the walking dead right? Then suddenly the walking dead decides to change from zombies to robots or whatever. There is that possibility that their fan-base will not like it. Therefore leading to lower following, however don't fret. With the change of genre or direction per say. With this you can attract a new set of viewers, people that your videos actually cater to.

Have a good day, best of luck!

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
I personally think the reason that people are leaving because of the fact that Minecraft was the game the initially hooked them to your channel and now that it's gone they have no reason to stay; Sadly when going through a revamp there is that possibility to lose views and subscribers. Simply put let's say you watch the walking dead right? Then suddenly the walking dead decides to change from zombies to robots or whatever. There is that possibility that their fan-base will not like it. Therefore leading to lower following, however don't fret. With the change of genre or direction per say. With this you can attract a new set of viewers, people that your videos actually cater to.

Have a good day, best of luck!
Yeah you are completely true, I was expecting all of this! Just kind of demotivating sometimes. :p

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
I also have my old content still on my channel and as for thumbnails i have them as basic as things can get. I have seen people using a wallpaper as thumbnail and still recieve over 20K views so for that part i think it doesn't really matter much.
When looking back i have also content wich i think is better to be deleted but i don't see reason to do it as i still recieve views and comments on it wich is a good thing. Comparing old content to new shows your career and how much you have grown along the way ;)
Yeah, but I never DELETED my content! I privated my videos so I can look back on them, and with all of them privated my channel just seems professional and all that and yeah. xD

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Yeah, but I never DELETED my content! I privated my videos so I can look back on them, and with all of them privated my channel just seems professional and all that and yeah. xD
You can watch it back but your viewers can't wich is why you lost subs. But this your choice of course so guess you have to deal with it the way it is then.

tActhImo

Respected User
Apr 19, 2016
YouTube
Just pull through and ignore the haters start producing other content and then other kinds of people will come and subscribe, there will always be haters. If you get ashamed of the content you created if someone is watching it then you might be doing something wrong, you should always be proud of your content no matter the people who watch it! Even if the people who watch might laugh at it because they think its weird, then just think atleat I entertained them in someway! Just stay positive and be proud of your content :D! Good luck

Voxesto

Apr 20, 2016
YouTube
Talk to them and listen to what they say. If you only lose a handful because of 1 game just weigh it up, I'm sure most of them are there for you not just 1 game!

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Just pull through and ignore the haters start producing other content and then other kinds of people will come and subscribe, there will always be haters. If you get ashamed of the content you created if someone is watching it then you might be doing something wrong, you should always be proud of your content no matter the people who watch it! Even if the people who watch might laugh at it because they think its weird, then just think atleat I entertained them in someway! Just stay positive and be proud of your content :D! Good luck
Talk to them and listen to what they say. If you only lose a handful because of 1 game just weigh it up, I'm sure most of them are there for you not just 1 game!
All very good points. Thanks guys :)