Underrated anime?

Generic Baka

Otaku Lord and Saviour
Freedom! Member
Oct 9, 2015
YouTube
I love anime. I am a content creator who was inspired because of people like The Anime Man. I feel that some anime don't get enough recognition as they should though. I was wondering what you guys think is underrated as an anime? It could even be a manga or a visual novel! (btw if you like visual novels check out my channel and maybe sub ;)) Anyways, I personally think Nagi no Asukara is underrated. Not a lot of people know about it, especially in Japan as I've asked around. It starts off slow, confusing, and frustrating but I believe it's a great show post-episode 11. So leave your suggestions down below.

Generic Baka

Otaku Lord and Saviour
Freedom! Member
Oct 9, 2015
YouTube
Hard to say if they are underrated but i couple anime's i enjoyed wich i haven't heard much about are Elfenlied, Shining Tears X Wind and SoulTaker to name a couple :)
Elfen Lied is pretty well known but the other 2 I haven't heard of! xD
When what?
i think Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin is extremly underrated
i didnt even hear from this anime a while
but i found it by random did watch it and it wasnt bad at all^^
I have never heard of that but just the name sounds intriguing so I'll have to check it out!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Elfen Lied is pretty well known but the other 2 I haven't heard of! xD

When what?

I have never heard of that but just the name sounds intriguing so I'll have to check it out!
Deadman Wonderland is also pretty awesome! And my favorite is Highschool of the dead wich many people are angry for the ending and the promise for a Season 2 wich hasn't been released....

Generic Baka

Otaku Lord and Saviour
Freedom! Member
Oct 9, 2015
YouTube
Deadman Wonderland is also pretty awesome! And my favorite is Highschool of the dead wich many people are angry for the ending and the promise for a Season 2 wich hasn't been released....
I'm personally not a fan of either but I know a lot of people who are.

Shamar Ren

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I love anime. I am a content creator who was inspired because of people like The Anime Man. I feel that some anime don't get enough recognition as they should though. I was wondering what you guys think is underrated as an anime? It could even be a manga or a visual novel! (btw if you like visual novels check out my channel and maybe sub ;)) Anyways, I personally think Nagi no Asukara is underrated. Not a lot of people know about it, especially in Japan as I've asked around. It starts off slow, confusing, and frustrating but I believe it's a great show post-episode 11. So leave your suggestions down below.
Corpse Party: Tortured Souls I believe that this anime is an amazing watch, its a short amount of episodes but at the same time there is so much mystery and suspense in this anime, it is also sad but I love the amazing work the writers did with this show cx
11990809_492810277553583_1394912760_o.jpg

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Have to say Hunter X Hunter, it is not really know outside of the little community that did like it.

Other than that I could go on an infinite list of manga that is most likely not well known (its hard to know if manga is well known or not, well atleast for me)

As for people talking about anime like Elfen lied, I got to say that its not that its underrated or unknown, its just not made to attract a vide audience instead it focuses on a small group of people that like certain kind of story. So for people that enjoy such anime its a masterpiece, certainly not underrated.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Underrated anime ... hmm.

Chobits maybe? I have it listed as a 10, though I suppose that may no longer be the case if I watched it again. Was one of the first anime I watched.

Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo seems to be pretty underrated if you ask me.

I also thought Dog Days and Dragon Crisis was pretty good too.

If you are looking for anime to watch ... you can look at my 8 - 10 ratings .. as those ratings usually mean the series is pretty good.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/brabbit1987

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Well for dubs its a little easier on me to not have to read a line of the anime and also want to see the actual image on screen aswell, but that isn't always an issue for some people who can read a little faster
99% of anime community will most likely agree that english dubs are usually terrible, most people want to watch it in actuall japanese for better voice acting and not having to worry about things being lost in translation as much (if you understand some japanese).

Underrated anime ... hmm.

Chobits maybe?
Agree on that one, I hardly see anyone talk about chobits, but its really great :)

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
99% of anime community will most likely agree that english dubs are usually terrible, most people want to watch it in actuall japanese for better voice acting and not having to worry about things being lost in translation as much (if you understand some japanese).

I can't watch anime in dubs lol. Although there are the few exceptions out there. Such as DBZ ... Goku's voice in Japanese is terrible if you ask me XD. Then there are anime's out there that are actually better dubbed. Such as Ghost Stories which was a terrible anime and the company that dubbed it turned it into a comedy .. which made it pretty freaking hilarious.

For me it has gotten to the point where sometimes I don't even need to look at the subtitles or read them. I can usually tell what is going on because I understand a lot of words now. I suppose it does help I took classes in Japanese too for a little while.