Thinking of starting Vlogs on my gaming channel

Shadow6

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2014
Western Australia
YouTube
As the title states..

Ive been contemplating the idea for so long!

I started doing gaming vids over 2 years ago and have close to 1000 subs

and during that time ive been pondering on this idea but not sure where to start and what to do.

I have the equipment so thats not an issue.. but im just not sure on what to actually Vlog about

Do people really like to watch people ramble on?

Reactions: Olivea Sea

RubenGamingsa

Rising User
Jun 14, 2016
www.rubygaming.net
YouTube
As the title states..

and during that time ive been pondering on this idea but not sure where to start and what to do.

I have the equipment so thats not an issue.. but im just not sure on what to actually Vlog about

I like to watch people ramble and i also like to ramble :p

Reactions: Shadow6

themodof1

Sage Of Insanity
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2015
Florida
www.youtube.com
YouTube
As the title states..

It may help stay consistent and "sometimes" it can be a fast process...
It easier than you think to balance the 2...

Malousak

Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2014
YouTube
Malousak
If you don't know what to vlog about, it usually ends up with your viewer clicking away. try to shorten vlogs to keep it exciting :) usually long ones (hardly edited ones) are kinda boring to watch. vlog about your adventures or something like that :)

Brewin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 24, 2016
YouTube
I would say go ahead and do it!! If you get a good viewer reaction keep on doing it! Who knows, it may add some needed flare to your channel!

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
You're close to 1000 subs. That's a lot of people. So, I suggest making a video where you sit in front of the camera and ask your viewers whether they would like to watch vlogs or not. If yes, they what content would they like to see, and how often would they like to see it. Make your decision based on their response.
Lol and yes, there are people who enjoy watching other people ramble on.

Shadow6

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2014
Western Australia
YouTube
You're close to 1000 subs. That's a lot of people. So, I suggest making a video where you sit in front of the camera and ask your viewers whether they would like to watch vlogs or not. If yes, they what content would they like to see, and how often would they like to see it. Make your decision based on their response.
Lol and yes, there are people who enjoy watching other people ramble on.
Sounds like a perfect idea for a start.
Thanks

Reactions: Demkeys

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I want to know how the hell did u do it...I mean getting an audience because I have a hard time its like no one wants to watch but anyway if u want to start a vlog that's a great idea because now that u got so many people it would be great

Shadow6

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2014
Western Australia
YouTube
I want to know how the hell did u do it...I mean getting an audience because I have a hard time its like no one wants to watch but anyway if u want to start a vlog that's a great idea because now that u got so many people it would be great

It comes with time.. honestly
Alot of time and effort.. and be willing to get yourself out there.. promote yourself! (I dont mean spamming other channels etc though)

I remember the 2 odd years ago when i started and i had a small amount of subs and to see it grow gradually each day.. each week
Its so exciting!
yes i even have my down moments when id loose subs aswell but thats all a part of it..
Just continue to do what you enjoy, remember you cant please everyone.

Some Youtubers gain subs so quickly, in a shorter amount of time where as others it takes longer.
Put out good quality content and try be consistent and they will come

Even me.. I still have a long way to go, nearing 1000 subs is still only a small drop in a large ocean that is YouTube.
but ill get there gradually :)

I even stopped for a few months October last year and its only now that i made a small scale comeback.

I see your at 333 subs.. I remember when i was at that level and i thought i wasnt getting anywhere..

As well all say.. just dont give up!

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I know I should not give up and I don't want to but some people say that doing let's play won't do anything u won't get audience no one is gonna watch well I try to make videos a little bit different and I sometimes see my horror gameplays do better and so I play horror games more and even those videos go down or right now WWE videos of mine are doing better but again those videos are also going down....people say try to be funny and I try to be funny

I try to commentate some funny lines or do some funny stuff but when I see the analytics I see people dropping off and everything and I try everytime to make my videos better than before be more energetic be more better but its just that no one stays its like everytime I start a video I start with an intro and then I saw in my analytics that because of that many viewers are dropping off

Then I removed that intro what I did and I started the video with a funny or amazing moment in a game and that still dropped viewers

Shadow6

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2014
Western Australia
YouTube
I know I should not give up and I don't want to but some people say that doing let's play won't do anything u won't get audience no one is gonna watch well I try to make videos a little bit different and I sometimes see my horror gameplays do better and so I play horror games more and even those videos go down or right now WWE videos of mine are doing better but again those videos are also going down....people say try to be funny and I try to be funny

I try to commentate some funny lines or do some funny stuff but when I see the analytics I see people dropping off and everything and I try everytime to make my videos better than before be more energetic be more better but its just that no one stays its like everytime I start a video I start with an intro and then I saw in my analytics that because of that many viewers are dropping off

Then I removed that intro what I did and I started the video with a funny or amazing moment in a game and that still dropped viewers

Dont try to be like anyone else!
You must be yourself but also be unique!
I cant say im anything that great compared to alot of other youtubers..
So many others go over the top and beyond excited whereas i just plod along and just go with the flow.

Dont make you intros over the top or long either..
For me simple seems to be effective.
Do you get alot of dislikes? do you get any feedback?

We all get dislikes.. and alot of the time i never know why and it would be nice to know.. but yeh we just have to move on

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I don't do those intros like with dubstep no no not those u know intros where I welcome people and I say my name and I tell what I am about to play and all that and well I don't get much dislikes but I also am not getting any comments and the only comment I get is "great video would u mind checking out my channel"

I am sorry I should not talk about myself over here

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
yeah do it. if you wanna make vlogs on your gaming channel then do it. and I think your fans wil love to see you in a vlog where you show your daily life. for so long you stay awesome and for so long something interresting is happening.