SUBS or VIEWS??

r0lf

Rising User
Feb 3, 2016
Greece
YouTube
r0lfTW
So lately i have been wondering...what i would prefer more ??? Subs or views??? Honestly i think i would go with views...because i prefer having 100 subs for example but getting 180 views every video than having 500 subs and getting 50 views every video...i have been seen a lot of channels on the second category and i belive its because of all the sub4sub think going on...
Whats your opinion?

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
This question tends to come up every now and then and I'm not the biggest fan of it honestly mostly because just my opinion neither by it's self is really good.

You have high subscribers but little views that means you might be doing something wrong to not retain viewers or you did sub for sub.

You have high views but no subscribers then that means you aren't doing something well enough to pull in subscribers.

r0lf

Rising User
Feb 3, 2016
Greece
YouTube
r0lfTW
This question tends to come up every now and then and I'm not the biggest fan of it honestly mostly because just my opinion neither by it's self is really good.

You have high subscribers but little views that means you might be doing something wrong to not retain viewers or you did sub for sub.

You have high views but no subscribers then that means you aren't doing something well enough to pull in subscribers.
Sure none of these is the best that you can get...but ig you had to choose one what would it be?

FreelancerYT

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 13, 2015
Finland
YouTube
I'd be happy to have more views than subs. Getting people to view my content will eventually cause some of them to subscribe.

More views = better chance of getting subscribers = bigger chance of growing up.

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
I would say views. Granted subscribers are like the end goal in a way but without views subscribers are not possible.

LustraGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 4, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
I'm going for views. If you get the views and they leave comments and likes you don't even need subs that much. Eventually views, likes and comments will get you ranked higher in the search results.
I have 218 subs but 2 videos going over 8.5K views. In total I have 23K views.
Do I feel bad not converting those viewers into subs, not really, my channel has many different games so I would never be able to cater to all subs tastes.
I guess for vlogging channels more subs have a higher influence on things

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
I rather have comments more than subs and view. At lease I know someone actually watches my video and enjoy it. Not watch my video for few minutes and click out.

r0lf

Rising User
Feb 3, 2016
Greece
YouTube
r0lfTW
I'm going for views. If you get the views and they leave comments and likes you don't even need subs that much. Eventually views, likes and comments will get you ranked higher in the search results.
I have 218 subs but 2 videos going over 8.5K views. In total I have 23K views.
Do I feel bad not converting those viewers into subs, not really, my channel has many different games so I would never be able to cater to all subs tastes.
I guess for vlogging channels more subs have a higher influence on things
Nice!! Yeah vloging channels i guess they want the subs not the views...

r0lf

Rising User
Feb 3, 2016
Greece
YouTube
r0lfTW
I rather have comments more than subs and view. At lease I know someone actually watches my video and enjoy it. Not watch my video for few minutes and click out.
you have a point there :p but you can check that from your average estimated wacthed minutes or something like that on your yt dashboard i think