SUBS or VIEWS??

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
Well I get over 90% of my views from people who are not sub to my channel. But I am thankful to all people who support me in eather way. :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
In my view, subscribers are just a number. It's when they become a viewer that they matter, from there, when they like or comment and from there if they share.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I find it's not really the best question to ask. Rather it better to be looking at retention rate, and interactions.

LustraGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 4, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
Nice!! Yeah vloging channels i guess they want the subs not the views...

Vlogging channels just don't get discovered by the youtube search engine because their video subjects can be so different. So they need a way to get some exposure in another way, subs can do that.
Gaming channels are easier to find because they come up as related videos, search result, suggestion because the game title tag is already linked with other videos of the same game.

Megz & Lo

Rising User
Feb 14, 2016
YouTube
For us, it depends on who enjoys what we make, so if it's our subscribers, then we'd rather have more subs, but if not, then we'd rather have active views from people who like our videos. We want people to like what we post and want to come back and watch it!

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Its a hard one to choose from. Views are goo because you can see how much they are watching you video , watch time is important because the more they watch it must be good video :)

But then subs are good because it means they will come back most of the time anyway and your doing something right.

More tricky one indeed

fairmagic3

Feb 2, 2016
YouTube
you have a point there :p but you can check that from your average estimated wacthed minutes or something like that on your yt dashboard i think
views cause well views is better than a high sub count and low views i mean then people would think you have done sub4sub