Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Can I get reviewed? Thanks!
Ohmergawd a trailer!
  • Channel trailer: It's decent, though I'm sad you didn't add the clips while talking in the beginning.
  • Channel page: Remove the Liked Videos playlist. The rest is okay.
  • Thumbnails: Add some consistency to your thumbnails. Inspire the minecraft ones off of the geometry dash ones as they are great.
  • Playlists: Great!
  • About page: Add an upload schedule.
  • Links: Make the twitch link the first one, you look like you do this only for the money otherwise.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
15 minute review if I can pull it off.
  • Channel branding: Your Logo and banner are both really good, though maybe use the N from the logo as the first N on your banner.
  • Channel page: The usual. Make a channel trailer and showcase a couple of playlists below that on the channel page.
  • Thumbnails: Some are okay, some just suck. Try spending more time on some of them (in particular CSGO and some more recent TF2 ones).
  • Playlists: You have playlists! You know where to put them? The channel page is the answer!
  • About page: Has an upload schedule, has what you'll upload, maybe add a bit more information about yourself as it's called the... About Section!
Basically, make a channel trailer and showcase some more playlists on your channel page as well as spend a bit more time on your thumbnails.

mcglinko

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 12, 2016
Ireland
I'm back from ze weekend and Monday stress.
  • Channel page: Your channel page needs help. Your Logo doesn't only not fit to your banner, but even worse, it doesn't fit to your channel. There's nothing about you in that logo and the small text is invisible when scaled down. Make a new one with your channel name. And get a banner that fits it. Your current banner has three main problems: -It has dark red text over a black image -There's not even your channel name on there -It doesn't fit your logo. When you're done with that, make a channel trailer and showcase some more playlists on your channel page.
  • Thumbnails: Put more work into them and make the text easier to read. Also, I may be wrong here, but I think you only google images and put red text that's hard to read over them. Small text and similar colors don't belong into a thumbnail.
  • Playlists: wat get playlists for your content and set the current ones to private. Then showcase your playlists on your channel page.
  • About Section: Add an upload schedule and more channel links.
thanks man yeah the banner was for my channel when i used to upload and in the process of making a new one but thanks for the advice :)

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I would love one too, I've done some re-branding and am now learning better Photoshop techniques for my thumbnails which I know are crap. (Believe me, I hate them, but I'm learning!)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCciy0jx3dvhPYJ6mQw-tozA
You know issues about your channel and try fixing them. Cool!
  • Channel page: Your channel banner is great! It perfectly fits your profile picture and branding. Keep that up. Your trailer is interesting and really good! Sadly, there is no real marketing happening under it. Showcase some other playlists you have. More about that in the playlists section.
  • Thumbnails: They're actually decent. Try adding some branding to make them consistent though. That mostly pays off for a channel like yours.
  • Playlists: You have a lot of them. While we could argue that there's way too many 1 video playlists, definitely replace the popular uploads on your channel page with your personal favorites playlist.
  • About Section: Welcome to the default About Section. On here I have a joke and my PC specs. No. Just don't. Put some information about yourself, an upload schedule (If existent) and just more about yourself and your channel.

I hope you'll take some of these tips and change some stuff.

Reactions: SirPlasmalot

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I can even form sentences on it.
  • Channel page: Well... It was bound to happen. You don't have the custom layout. To activate it, see this highly qualitative video by me:
  • Playlists: Get it? It's a joke, there ain't no playlists here.
  • Thumbnails: Are you using ms paint? Try using different fonts and spend more time on your thumbnails. Don't use YouTube's suggested ones.
  • About ummm.... section?: As I always say, add an upload schedule and stuff about yourself to it. Also, please don't capitalize the beginning of every word.
I can't say much without the custom layout on sadly.

SirPlasmalot

Freedom! Member
Mar 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
SirPlasmalot
You know issues about your channel and try fixing them. Cool!
  • Channel page: Your channel banner is great! It perfectly fits your profile picture and branding. Keep that up. Your trailer is interesting and really good! Sadly, there is no real marketing happening under it. Showcase some other playlists you have. More about that in the playlists section.
  • Thumbnails: They're actually decent. Try adding some branding to make them consistent though. That mostly pays off for a channel like yours.
  • Playlists: You have a lot of them. While we could argue that there's way too many 1 video playlists, definitely replace the popular uploads on your channel page with your personal favorites playlist.
  • About Section: Welcome to the default About Section. On here I have a joke and my PC specs. No. Just don't. Put some information about yourself, an upload schedule (If existent) and just more about yourself and your channel.

I hope you'll take some of these tips and change some stuff.

Definitely. Thank you for your time! I just want to make my channel a place where people can come and have a good time! I appreciate the words of wisdom.

TGS - TheGamingSection

Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2016
YouTube
It's okay. I can't say much about it because I don't play COD but the quality is alright. Maybe don't use that long paragraphs at the start of your video and if you do, leave them in longer.
k man thanks im trying to do lots of commentary now i did 1 with commentary check it out:

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hello everyone,
I've decided not to keep up reviews on this post. Currently submitted Requests will still be reviewed. When I'll be done with them, I will get Staff to lock this thread. These Reviews have helped me get to know YouTube a lot and I will keep them up in the future.

Where will the Reviews go?
I've been really hard at work recently to set up a way to keep doing these. That way has turned out in a form that you can fill out. I will do videos on the channels. The form for it can be found here:

https://lw001.typeform.com/to/sdHtPc

Please note that I will normally monetize the videos and use parts of your videos under a Fair Use policy. For more information, pm me on the forums or email
lw001businessΑgmailΑcom .

I hope I could help people here and that I will be able to help people there as well.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I'd like a review. Little over 100 subs with 20 videos uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCALkmIGPIdG1QQwVhPTnQxQ
20 videos are usually hard.
  • Channel page: Your banner is okay and your logo has a great idea, though it doesn't really come across that much. Try working on that.
  • Trailer: Your channel trailer is meh. People that see it are most likely already on your channel, so there's no need to ask them to go to your channel. It doesn't show what you do on your channel at all and there's no video ;-;
  • Channel page: Remove your subscriptions, add your recent uploads and show off one or two playlists under that.
  • Videos, thumbnails, SEO and the death of humanity: Your thumbnails are all over the place and your titles are mostly your channel name episode something. Try working that out a bit.
  • Playlists: Make some playlists for yourself. Your channel is uploading daily and all you promote is someone else.
  • About page: Add your upload schedule and more about you.