Offering Reviews for Freedom!

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
I'd love a review! I want to get better at commentating as well! If you are still doing review please do!!

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I cant wait for some critism :)
Your video that you've shown is the exact same one that h3h3 made. Though as I only do channel reviews nevertheless, I'll just review your channel.
  • Channel page: It's okay. Your banner is good and you have a bunch of playlists on your channel page. Great. Now make a proper channel banner. Please.
  • Thumbnails: Your thumbnails are all over the place sadly. I'll look at a couple of them. Firstly, that top 5 csgo aces video and it's sequels have very nice thumbnails. Then there's some other thumbnails that literally look like the ones YouTube suggested, sometimes with yellow text. Talking about the yellow text, revisit your thumbnails as I can't read that text on most of them. When making a thumbnail, always think that it'll most likely be displayed really small, so make text bigger and images better to make out when you design it.
  • Playlists: Make a few more when you can and fill up currently existing ones. I see that you don't have much content yet, but it'd be nice.
  • About Section: Fill it with information about yourself and an upload schedule.
  • Links on the channel: You only have twitch? No you don't. Or at least I hope you have more. Put those into your channel links! Allow people to connect with you as a person through social media!
I really hope you'll take some of these tips into consideration for your channel.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I'd love a review! I want to get better at commentating as well! If you are still doing review please do!!
I guess I still do them. Can't believe I've come around to still make it myself.
  • Channel page: Your banner is... good. It could improve though. Just having a Twitter logo on it won't help your social media at all. Add your names on these pages below it. Also, get a bit more social media. Also, make a channel trailer. I've stressed this out so much throughout these reviews. Just do it. As of your showcase on your channel page I really don't know. You have that many playlists when I look at it. Why not add one or two to your channel page?
  • Thumbnails: Your thumbnails look like the kind of thumbnails that work out with channels on a huge scale. I'm talking about millions of subscribers here. While you aren't there,I recommend you give them some consistency. This could go from a small logo in a corner to reusing an entire template you've made. This will help people find your channel way better and help them stay once I've they have.
  • Playlists: Your channel is all over the place, which isn't necessary bad when done correctly. At the moment you pretty much have one video in most of your playlists. If people subscribe to you from one video, they probably want another video from the same series from you. They won't find that as that doesn't exist on your channel. I recommend you make some series instead of content that's all over the place.
  • About Section: This is a great example of an about page that has it all without overloading people looking at it.
I hope you've read this far.

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
I guess I still do them. Can't believe I've come around to still make it myself.
  • Channel page: Your banner is... good. It could improve though. Just having a Twitter logo on it won't help your social media at all. Add your names on these pages below it. Also, get a bit more social media. Also, make a channel trailer. I've stressed this out so much throughout these reviews. Just do it. As of your showcase on your channel page I really don't know. You have that many playlists when I look at it. Why not add one or two to your channel page?
  • Thumbnails: Your thumbnails look like the kind of thumbnails that work out with channels on a huge scale. I'm talking about millions of subscribers here. While you aren't there,I recommend you give them some consistency. This could go from a small logo in a corner to reusing an entire template you've made. This will help people find your channel way better and help them stay once I've they have.
  • Playlists: Your channel is all over the place, which isn't necessary bad when done correctly. At the moment you pretty much have one video in most of your playlists. If people subscribe to you from one video, they probably want another video from the same series from you. They won't find that as that doesn't exist on your channel. I recommend you make some series instead of content that's all over the place.
  • About Section: This is a great example of an about page that has it all without overloading people looking at it.
I hope you've read this far.
oh i have read this far! lol

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Yo Would You Mind Reviewing My Channel And This Vid !!!!!!
Would Really Love It If You Could
~SirexFX~:cool:
Sorry it took so long.
  1. Channel page:
    Your channel page looks... meh. When I look at your channel page I see your banner and logo. I can't read anything on those. Going under it, I see READ THE ******* DESC and a trailer that isnt even a trailer. Make a proper channel trailer. Other than that your playlists are good enough under that.
  2. Thumbnails:
    Your thumbnails have a couple of flaws; let me guide you through them:
    Channel Revamp! (READ THE ******* DESC) & Sellfy Open ll Selling Intros And GFX CHEAP!!!:
    These videos just have default thumbnails and are nothing else than a READ THE DESCRIPTION video. Talk over it and refer to the desc in the video.
    The Time I Almost Drowned!!!! & My Biggest Fears......
    Great thumbnails.
    Minecraft Speed Eggwars
    These have good thumbnails, but you have so much free space on them! Why do you have to put the Episode number that small in a corner? Make it bigger!
    Minecraft Account Giveaway!!!!!!!
    What thumbnail is that?
  3. On to playlists:

Make some. Please.
  4. About Section:
    Add an Upload schedule and just add a bit more about yourself there.
  5. Tags:
    I'm on my PC now with vidIQ so I can so ahead and talk about your tags as well. If that's a good thing or not, I'll let you decide.
    The video you've offered me has these tags:

SMP, Free, Intros, Youtube, 100, Subs, FREESUBS, 1000SUBSFREE, minecraft, com, sellfy, patreon, https, sirexfx, nintendo, super mario world, troll, SirexFX I Gaming, SirexFX, egg wars, minecraft egg wars, danirephappy, enzoknol, enzoknol eggwars, minecraft eggwars, vegetta777 eggwars, mc pedrinho, mc livinho, mc davo, baile de favela, mc kekel, mc th, iphone 6s giveaway, hoverboard giveaway, giveaway 2016, dead giveaway, iphone giveaway, Minecraft Account Giveaway
    Now that's a ton of misleading ones. Let me cut out the ones that are not related to the video whatsoever:
    SMP, Free, Intros, Youtube, 100, Subs, FREESUBS, 1000SUBSFREE, minecraft, com, sellfy, patreon, https, sirexfx, nintendo, super mario world, troll, SirexFX I Gaming, SirexFX, egg wars, minecraft egg wars, danirephappy, enzoknol, enzoknol eggwars, minecraft eggwars, vegetta777 eggwars, mc pedrinho, mc livinho, mc davo, baile de favela, mc kekel, mc th, iphone 6s giveaway, hoverboard giveaway, giveaway 2016, dead giveaway, iphone giveaway, Minecraft Account Giveaway
    So from your tags, there's only these ones left that are relevant to the video:
    minecraft, SirexFX I Gaming, SirexFX, egg wars, minecraft egg wars, minecraft eggwars
    Now, you rank on these tags:
    • SirexFX I Gaming #9
    • SirexFX #17
    • sirexfx #17
    Try adding more tags that are relevant to your video. Channels have been terminated for that in the past:
  6. Links: Add your channel links to your channel above.
I hope this has helped. Try improving on your tags and fix the other small issues I've pointed out.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hey new channel here, would love a quick review to help me grow. Constructive criticism welcome. It's lit!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCllsiTrJT-fORI_y44wFNBA
Let's get into it:
  1. Channel page:
    Your channel art is OK. It could be better but could be way worse too. As of your channel trailer... You waste 10s of useful time of the trailer with a stupid intro. Take that intro and edit it somewhere else:

Then the entire trailer has this dumb watermark. Get a free editing software without watermarks (Hitfilm man!)
  2. Thumbnails:
    Definitely put more time into them; also, default colored text won't get them anywhere. I really recommend for your channel that you add a logo or branding template to every single one of your thumbnails.
  3. Playlists: You don't really have much content yet, so I'll leave your playlists as they are.
  4. About section:
In general, I can't say much about your channel or videos as there's just not enough content to review yet...

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hey could you tell me what I can improve?
The video looks really good!
On to your channel though:
  1. Make a proper channel trailer. I believe in you that you can do it.
  2. Channel art looks really good!
  3. Playlists showed off on your channel are exactly what I want to steer people I've reviewed in the past to. Some are in vertical columns and some on horizontal ones.
  4. Tags:
    You really rank well on most of your tags! At this point I recommend you use vidIQ, which is a chrome extension that helps you find good tags for your videos. There's a video that explains it kinda well, but you'll just have to find out most things yourself, much like I did.
  5. Playlists:
    Flawless.
  6. About section:
    Firstly, please don't start off Every Word With A Capital Letter... It hurts my eyes. Secondly, Add some more about yourself in there.
If you start working on your tags a bit more, I really think you'll get far!

SirexFX I Gaming

Freedom! Member
Sep 21, 2016
Canada, Ontario, Toronto
YouTube
Sorry it took so long.
  1. Channel page:
    Your channel page looks... meh. When I look at your channel page I see your banner and logo. I can't read anything on those. Going under it, I see READ THE ******* DESC and a trailer that isnt even a trailer. Make a proper channel trailer. Other than that your playlists are good enough under that.
  2. Thumbnails:
    Your thumbnails have a couple of flaws; let me guide you through them:
    Channel Revamp! (READ THE ******* DESC) & Sellfy Open ll Selling Intros And GFX CHEAP!!!:
    These videos just have default thumbnails and are nothing else than a READ THE DESCRIPTION video. Talk over it and refer to the desc in the video.
    The Time I Almost Drowned!!!! & My Biggest Fears......
    Great thumbnails.
    Minecraft Speed Eggwars
    These have good thumbnails, but you have so much free space on them! Why do you have to put the Episode number that small in a corner? Make it bigger!
    Minecraft Account Giveaway!!!!!!!
    What thumbnail is that?
  3. On to playlists:

Make some. Please.
  4. About Section:
    Add an Upload schedule and just add a bit more about yourself there.
  5. Tags:
    I'm on my PC now with vidIQ so I can so ahead and talk about your tags as well. If that's a good thing or not, I'll let you decide.
    The video you've offered me has these tags:

Now that's a ton of misleading ones. Let me cut out the ones that are not related to the video whatsoever:

So from your tags, there's only these ones left that are relevant to the video:

Now, you rank on these tags:

Try adding more tags that are relevant to your video. Channels have been terminated for that in the past:
  6. Links: Add your channel links to your channel above.
I hope this has helped. Try improving on your tags and fix the other small issues I've pointed out.
Ok what about my new vid

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Quick Message to everyone in the queue at the moment, I will make these reviews soon, I just don't feel like I can do more than 2 every day while upholding quality. I am aiming to reply to all of you, but it will take time.
I will kind of ignore your video as it was pretty much just you showing a cutscene from a game withough commentating on it. I will just go for your channel though.
  1. Channel Art:
    Your channel is what my channel was a while ago (When I was at 5 Subs). You don't really have the tools and the ability to put much work into your channel Art and thumbnails and I can understand that, but you will have to get into making GFX at some point too if you want success on YouTube. Your Profile picture is... okay, though it doesn't match your banner at all. You will need consistent branding. As of your banner, mirror the first arm holding a gun maybe as that's overlapped by your profile picture at the moment. Remove the Subscribe for more part as that font really doesn't fit. Your thumbnails are really all over the place. Try getting some consistency in there, maybe a logo in the corners.
  2. Playlists:
    upload_2016-10-1_23-37-56.png
    Add some playlists bro.
  3. About Section:
    upload_2016-10-1_23-38-52.png
    Fill it with some information about yourself and an upload schedule (Weekly videos every :::)
  4. Channel page:
    - Make a channel trailer
    - Make a couple of playlists and put them below it when you get the content for it (a COD Playlist)
    - Add some more social media links and be active on them
There's a bit too little content to review your channel currently. If you make a lot of videos at some point you'll be able to make playlists and make your channel look sexy.

TGS - TheGamingSection

Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2016
YouTube
I will kind of ignore your video as it was pretty much just you showing a cutscene from a game withough commentating on it. I will just go for your channel though.
  1. Channel Art:
    Your channel is what my channel was a while ago (When I was at 5 Subs). You don't really have the tools and the ability to put much work into your channel Art and thumbnails and I can understand that, but you will have to get into making GFX at some point too if you want success on YouTube. Your Profile picture is... okay, though it doesn't match your banner at all. You will need consistent branding. As of your banner, mirror the first arm holding a gun maybe as that's overlapped by your profile picture at the moment. Remove the Subscribe for more part as that font really doesn't fit. Your thumbnails are really all over the place. Try getting some consistency in there, maybe a logo in the corners.
  2. Playlists:
    View attachment 16932
    Add some playlists bro.
  3. About Section:
    View attachment 16933
    Fill it with some information about yourself and an upload schedule (Weekly videos every :::)
  4. Channel page:
    - Make a channel trailer
    - Make a couple of playlists and put them below it when you get the content for it (a COD Playlist)
    - Add some more social media links and be active on them
There's a bit too little content to review your channel currently. If you make a lot of videos at some point you'll be able to make playlists and make your channel look sexy.
k thanks but when you said: Quick Message to everyone in the queue at the moment, I will make these reviews soon, I just don't feel like I can do more than 2 every day while upholding quality. I am aiming to reply to all of you, but it will take time.
i did commentate at the end watch the video till the end :/