Request Review My Channel :)

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
So I've been reviewing other peoples channels for a while now, so I though why not get some for myself :), Please let me know what you think of my channel below.

If you want a review from me on your channel in return, please post it in my review thread here

Thx :)

dakota meyers

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 30, 2016
YouTube
well good job on making thumbnails that's always good to do I need to start doing it myself but the biggest thing I would suggest to help improve is I would talk during your videos I saw you talked in your minecraft vid but like the dishonored one it would grab my attention more also nice lgo and banner it caught my attention right away

Reactions: Jonathan

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
well good job on making thumbnails that's always good to do I need to start doing it myself but the biggest thing I would suggest to help improve is I would talk during your videos I saw you talked in your minecraft vid but like the dishonored one it would grab my attention more also nice lgo and banner it caught my attention right away

Thanks for taking the time to review my channel :), yea I get that I need to do more commentary videos, I'm working on improving my commentary first as for me it can take over 50 attempts to get remotely right. Even with a script I struggle lol.​

dakota meyers

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 30, 2016
YouTube
yeah its strange talking to yourself at first but once u do it for awhile u get more use to it but good luck with your channel

Reactions: Jonathan

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I suggest working on channel art! (I do in depth reviews under my review forum)

That is very brief and not really a review, please only post actual reviews here, if I was looking for your opinion in particular then I would post on your thread but I'm looking for everyone's opinion. If you wish to upade you post to a review then please edit post to be one, thanks.​

Last edited:

Krakingamer

Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
Ok lets get started.

Its nice that you have a brand I really think thats cool but to say the least its bland. It does not really get the point out there that you are DEV J but also the j can be mistaken. I understand you're a smaller youtuber but channel art is important.

Your thumbnails are consistent which is nice but if you're doing episodes it would be nice to put the number on the thumbnail.

Next your thumbnails, and banner are not exciting in my opinion. There is not a lot going on. You can look at my channel and it will look exciting you know?

I looked at your tags and they are nice but not all your views come from tags, its your title and desc to improve or put more of what is in your tags in your desc or title. I do that very well on my channel.

Thats all I got sorry I would do a bit better review but I am pressed on time if you need to know more tell me cheers!

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Ok lets get started.

Its nice that you have a brand I really think thats cool but to say the least its bland. It does not really get the point out there that you are DEV J but also the j can be mistaken. I understand you're a smaller youtuber but channel art is important.

Your thumbnails are consistent which is nice but if you're doing episodes it would be nice to put the number on the thumbnail.

Next your thumbnails, and banner are not exciting in my opinion. There is not a lot going on. You can look at my channel and it will look exciting you know?

I looked at your tags and they are nice but not all your views come from tags, its your title and desc to improve or put more of what is in your tags in your desc or title. I do that very well on my channel.

Thats all I got sorry I would do a bit better review but I am pressed on time if you need to know more tell me cheers!

thx for the review, I would like to question you on a few things as what your saying isn't too clear to me.

um could you explain what you mean by this, from a guess your just saying that there is no lower case letters in the channel art, but I don't see what difference that would make anyway. could you explain it again.

I'm still working on getting a good thumbnail design, though looking at yours while there is a lot more colour and action you are using the same one on each episode (live streams & factions series) I can see what you mean on your latest ones though, personally I felt them to be too cluttered, I like simplicity really, but I will work on improvements over time.

Also could you maybe give me some examples of improvements from what I have when it comes to the titles and descriptions. I've only recently changed all the RA3 ones. I'm still trying to find a style that works for me. I'd appreciate the help there, thanks