ThatNerdWithTheHair

Freedom! Member
Apr 18, 2016
YouTube
nerdwiththehair
I'm thinking of partnering with Freedom, of course, but I don't want to jump in blindly. I figured I should ask the people how their experience with it has been, both pros and cons.

I noticed that they get a percentage of your earnings, so wouldn't that mean I'll get even less earnings than I do now? (Although, currently, my earnings are 0 haha..) How does that work exactly? What do I gain from this?

Please be completely honest with your thoughts. Thanks! : )

GarryTheDigger

Freedom! Member
Apr 27, 2016
YouTube
Freedom would be best for a smaller channel to partner to start off. Once you get on your feet you should look for another network since there is so much this one can do for ya. I've been partnered for a while and I'm pretty satisfied. I've grown quite a bit since I joined. The revenue share is pretty bad, however this place is more of a discover new channels type rather than start making money off the internet. Basically if you're just starting out you will have benefits if you join, however if you've been on youtube for a while and have quite a following this network isn't for you.

Reactions: ThatNerdWithTheHair

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
As a small channel, it's totally worth it. The tools you get for the small price you pay is totally worth it. The revenue share sucks, but like you said, you are a small channel with close to 0 earnings, so it makes no significant difference anyways. Once you grow your channel and start making real money, it would probably be in your best interest to unlink.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Long as you are prepared to also put in some work you should have success. :) There are some people that will join and then do nothing and expect freedom to give them subscribers. Even if you join just to get the premium version of TubeBuddy it should be worth it :D

Some people are doing youtube to gain every extra cent they can (which is perfectly fine), but if your main goal is for channel growth then joining a network is usually a good idea. As your channel grows you can also gain a better % revenue share up to 95%. At the moment I have 90/10 split which is better than most of the other networks. :)

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
For me personally the threshold of google adsence is pretty high so without freedom I would not get paid anything ....
'O*o Googling at my measly income...'

But anyhow if I will pass the threshold I'm going to rethink partnering because a lot you can do yourself and Freedom does not do that much it just provides what you could arrange yourself :p

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Freedom would be best for a smaller channel to partner to start off. Once you get on your feet you should look for another network since there is so much this one can do for ya. I've been partnered for a while and I'm pretty satisfied. I've grown quite a bit since I joined. The revenue share is pretty bad, however this place is more of a discover new channels type rather than start making money off the internet. Basically if you're just starting out you will have benefits if you join, however if you've been on youtube for a while and have quite a following this network isn't for you.

That's not really true. If you are a big channel Freedom is still a good network to join as they offer big channels a 90-95% revenue share. People seem to think you are stuck at 60% forever and that isn't true at all. Basically if you are happy with the 60% share at a small size then you should be fine with 90-95% if/when you become a big channel.

DemFrostyFlakes

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
As you can see their are far more pros than cons I've personally not been in the freedom family as long as I wished I was with fullscreen for 2 years and it was the worst years of my life ever sense I joined 3 days ago I already got a revenue raise and enjoy the community.

Pros:
Great Community
Easy Partner (Any subs and views)
Outstanding support (24 hours contact)
Easy revenue raises
No lock in contract
Get paid instantly not having a 'set' limit ie. $50, $100
Paypal transactions
NO TAXES W9 FORUMS AREN'T NEEDED HERE!

Cons:
No Fan Support
No Paid Content
60% Revenue share at start (Keep in mind I just joined freedom 3 days ago and mine is already at 75)

DemFrostyFlakes

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
Can you elaborate on the "No Fan Support" and "No Paid Content"? I don't know if I'm having a brain fart or something, but my mind isn't wrapping around what that means.

Here is a screenshot of a Fan Support. But with paid content it's like Youtube Red i.e Scare PewDiePie ex. ex. people have to pay to watch your content.

Attachments

• Fan Support.PNG
    Fan Support.PNG
    6.4 KB · Views: 6