PC or Console?!

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I personally prefer PC.

I hate Valve, Microsoft and Sony. They all use dirty, cheap tactics to get more cash. I'd say valve is the worst for it. Why you might ask? Well lets take CS:GO for example. Are valve taking measures to stop hackers and smurfers? No. Why not? Because these people buy new copies of the game meaning they get extra dolla dolla. They could easily stop hackers. Hacking can be as easy as injecting a .dll file into the games process which is easy to stop but valve want the hackers to get banned buy a new account etc. etc.

All of them are as bad as each other. Play the one you prefer.

Preventing people from hacking isn't the easiest thing to accomplish. This is why most online games have security systems in place to catch them and ban them. I don't know of any system that actually entirely prevents it from happening. You can try, but hackers will always find a way around it.

Personally, Valve is my favorite game company simply because they tend to do things right by the customer as best as they can. As for them making money off people who decide to buy the game again after being banned .. there is nothing wrong with that. How do you suppose they prevent someone from buying the game again? Stalk them?

Point is, that is a very unreasonable reason to say you hate Valve lol. You can come up with something better, but it's hard to since Valve rarly does things wrong. Their latest blunder was with Bethesda and the paid mods fiasco. However, even then it's not like the idea of paid mods itself is bad, it just was the game they where doing it to.

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
Preventing people from hacking isn't the easiest thing to accomplish. This is why most online games have security systems in place to catch them and ban them. I don't know of any system that actually entirely prevents it from happening. You can try, but hackers will always find a way around it.

Personally, Valve is my favorite game company simply because they tend to do things right by the customer as best as they can. As for them making money off people who decide to buy the game again after being banned .. there is nothing wrong with that. How do you suppose they prevent someone from buying the game again? Stalk them?

Point is, that is a very unreasonable reason to say you hate Valve lol. You can come up with something better, but it's hard to since Valve rarly does things wrong. Their latest blunder was with Bethesda and the paid mods fiasco. However, even then it's not like the idea of paid mods itself is bad, it just was the game they where doing it to.
My point is there VAC system can detect hacks but they are not putting something in the game to prevent the hacks from happening in the first place. Its no coincidence that VAC bans take place weeks after the hack was detected ;) Valve never do right by their fans hints why they haven't released Half-life 3 :D I'm not saying Valve should stop them from buying another copy what I am saying is they should prevent the hacks from happening, trust me they can do it, in the first place.

AmiPlays

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 10, 2015
Manchester
YouTube
I never understood that. I see many console gamers talk about how they like controllers, but that reason makes no sense to me because just about every PC game in existence is capable of using a controller as well. It's not like playing games on a pc forces you to use a mouse and keyboard.
Again, it's personal preference. I prefer having a games controller as opposed to a mouse and keyboard. Whilst I do understand there are controllers, I currently don't want to invest a lot in my own PC when I've got everything I need in my console.

Reactions: Alpine

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
My point is there VAC system can detect hacks but they are not putting something in the game to prevent the hacks from happening in the first place. Its no coincidence that VAC bans take place weeks after the hack was detected ;) Valve never do right by their fans hints why they haven't released Half-life 3 :D I'm not saying Valve should stop them from buying another copy what I am saying is they should prevent the hacks from happening, trust me they can do it, in the first place.

You don't understand how it works. Yes, VAC can detect hacks, but it CANNOT prevent them. Just like how an Anti Virus program can detect and delete viruses, but it can't prevent them. The issue here is you don't understand how these things work. In order to prevent hacks you would need to be able to see the future, because each hack runs on different coding, so there is no one way to make a code to prevent it. Each hack that exists would need a preventive measure, and since new hacks are made all the time .. it simply isn't a logical step to take.

As I said, there is no system that can do what you are asking. As for them not releasing HL3 yet, that has nothing at all to do with them not doing right by their fans. You also seem to forget that HL3 isn't the only thing they do.[DOUBLEPOST=1445969937][/DOUBLEPOST]
Again, it's personal preference. I prefer having a games controller as opposed to a mouse and keyboard. Whilst I do understand there are controllers, I currently don't want to invest a lot in my own PC when I've got everything I need in my console.

Ya, I know .. but my point is that the controller argument doesn't make much sense.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I get the appeal of having a PC, but it'll mostly always be a console for me. There's nothing as epic as having the feel of a controller in your hands. I'd say it's down to personal preference, really.
I play pc with a controller, sitting at my couch just like a console gamer...

For me if is PC... simply for the sheer power, and flexibility. .. I only need the one device to record, edit, whatever... Plus games are dirt cheap for PC.

If my game breaks... I can reinstall...
If my pc breaks... I can fix it...
That's why I like pc over console...

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
You don't understand how it works. Yes, VAC can detect hacks, but it CANNOT prevent them. Just like how an Anti Virus program can detect and delete viruses, but it can't prevent them. The issue here is you don't understand how these things work. In order to prevent hacks you would need to be able to see the future, because each hack runs on different coding, so there is no one way to make a code to prevent it. Each hack that exists would need a preventive measure, and since new hacks are made all the time .. it simply isn't a logical step to take.

As I said, there is no system that can do what you are asking. As for them not releasing HL3 yet, that has nothing at all to do with them not doing right by their fans. You also seem to forget that HL3 isn't the only thing they do.[DOUBLEPOST=1445969937][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ya, I know .. but my point is that the controller argument doesn't make much sense.
Dude I know how VAC works you didn't get my point. VAC detects the hack then 3 weeks later bans them. It doesn't detect it 3 weeks after the hack is executed, thinking that would just be stupid.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Dude I know how VAC works you didn't get my point. VAC detects the hack then 3 weeks later bans them. It doesn't detect it 3 weeks after the hack is executed, thinking that would just be stupid.

Due to false positives. You can't just ban someone using the system instantly without first checking into it. Other wise you could end up banning a bunch of innocent people, which has happened before and is probably why it's done this way now.

Why? What do you think is the purpose for those 3 weeks are? it's certainly not to make money because, banning them sooner would be better if it was about that.

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
Due to false positives. You can't just ban someone using the system instantly without first checking into it. Other wise you could end up banning a bunch of innocent people, which has happened before and is probably why it's done this way now.

Why? What do you think is the purpose for those 3 weeks are? it's certainly not to make money because, banning them sooner would be better if it was about that.
It would detect when foreign code is injected into the game. Simple as that. Why do you think a DayZ doesn't have many hackers anymore. They have a VERY small dev team.

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
I have no idea what hacking a game has something to do with the topic console vs PC. Please don`t take over the Thread.

However, in another thread I would be more than happy to take part in that discussion. ;-)

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
It would detect when foreign code is injected into the game. Simple as that. Why do you think a DayZ doesn't have many hackers anymore. They have a VERY small dev team.

Ya, it can detect when code is injected into the game, but that still doesn't prevent it from happening. All you can do is ban them. Even in DayZ it doesn't prevent it from happening, it still happens, just not as often. I assume you see it more often in games like CS simply because it's a whole lot more popular and much harder to manage.

Also, who cares if they have a very small dev team. it's because that is all they need. DayZ has no where near the amount of concurrent players as CS:GO.

I have no idea what hacking a game has something to do with the topic console vs PC. Please don`t take over the Thread.

However, in another thread I would be more than happy to take part in that discussion. ;-)

Ya .. you are right. Sorry.

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube

Or you can actually go up and try reading the conversation before acting like a douche :D

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
Or you can actually go up and try reading the conversation before acting like a douche :D
I have read the whole conversation but it is now at a point that it`s no longer in relation with the starting question but more about the issues of software publishers with hackers.

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
I have read the whole conversation but it is now at a point that it`s no longer in relation with the starting question but more about the issues of software publishers with hackers.
How is it not? I stated I didn't like Valve, who are basically the main company for PC Gaming. The argument the evolved about how PC gaming is prone to hacks :D

D

Deleted member 18369

console for the exclusives and pc for everything else.

SpartanGamez

New User
Oct 29, 2015
YouTube
In my opinion, both are great devices. PCs can be used to edit content, browse, record, play games at high or medium fps (depending on the specs) but can be more difficult to play on depening on the game. Consoles have a medium fps, record, many great games like COD which don't die as fast as it does on PC and easier to play. Please remember that this is my opinion.