PC or Console?!

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
Obviously this is an ongoing debate that has an obvious answer. Why not both? Each has its pros... and cons... the console; lower frame rate, mediocre graphics, and low customizability, PC; can be more expensive, takes a little knowledge to utilize correctly, and virus susceptibility. Obviously there is more to each of these!

You guys go ahead and explain why one is better than the other! Be specific! :D

Reactions: Brent Cone

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
I use PC, just because it's easy to start a game after homework on it. A console I have to turn on. I have both, but I prefer PC right now. It's also easy to record.

Fluxxiee

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 20, 2015
YouTube
PC has more customisation, better graphics and frame rate, better hardware and easier to record on. I also own a PS4.

AmiPlays

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 10, 2015
Manchester
YouTube
I get the appeal of having a PC, but it'll mostly always be a console for me. There's nothing as epic as having the feel of a controller in your hands. I'd say it's down to personal preference, really.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I tend to like multi-platform games on PC these days though I still prefer consoles for their exclusives usually being stronger than PC exclusives.

PC:
Multi-platform games
Customizable graphic settings
Easy to record

Console:
Exclusives
Easy multiplayer (Both local and online) (Yes I know PC has these options too but it's easier to set up local multiplayer on a console and Party chat makes it easier to set up online communications)
Simple control schemes (Most PC games have a controller option these days but not all of them do)

There are other positives to each of course too and probably some I am not thinking of as well. Also only time I'll choose a multi-platform game on consoles these days is if it's something I can play with friends. Anything I'm going to play by myself I'll get it on PC since I can usually get more performance out of that version.

Overall in case you were wondering I prefer consoles but I am slowly shifting more towards PC with each passing month.

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
If I buy a $500 PC I don't have to buy $200 of equipment to record. I can get OBS and record gameplay for free. :) So OBS wins. :)

Plus there are a LOT more sales on PC games vs Console.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
PC, for me because all around it's better. Ya .. it can cost a lot, but it actually cost less in the long run when you factor in the price of games and such. Not only that, but if you are a console gamer that likes to play on multiple consoles, there is a very large chance you are spending more than what a decent pc would cost anyway.

With that said, consoles do have a one up on PCs when it comes to exclusives.

I get the appeal of having a PC, but it'll mostly always be a console for me. There's nothing as epic as having the feel of a controller in your hands. I'd say it's down to personal preference, really.

I never understood that. I see many console gamers talk about how they like controllers, but that reason makes no sense to me because just about every PC game in existence is capable of using a controller as well. It's not like playing games on a pc forces you to use a mouse and keyboard.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Can do the same with a PC. Wireless mouse/keyboard or you could even use a gamepad on PC. :) Favorite thing to do is to sit back and play Rocket League on my PC with a controller :)
True that haha, been a console gamer since i was little. Played a couple times on Pc but for some reason it is not my kinda thing :p

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
Is with PC IBM compatible meant or all kind of personal computers?
My favourite system would be the Commodore 64. Even if that computer is old new games are released on a weekly basis. You can turn it on, chose a tape, cart, floppy, code book... whatever you like and start. You have even light gun games, guitar hero clones or dance mats. Whatever you want.

IBM compatible is meh... don`t get me wrong it might have the power to run every new game but once you want to play a certain old game you need to get EMS or settings which can`t be done without finding the correct emulator or scale down item.
Also new games.... just because I bought a laptop this year doesn`t mean that the games of this year are running on it. I have to learn almost an own language to understand what kind of items I need to run a game. I can`t stand that. I used to be big in PC gaming but that you can`t really chose what you want to play without doing research on each old game is just annoying.

However, I have plenty of consoles and I know if I see a NES game in store it will run on my NES.

I guess for retro fans PCs become just not appealing enough and most retro game computer fans have also to have PCs with different settings from each era. That just doesn`t work for me.

SiliciaGaming

Anime Let's Player
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
SiliciaGaming
PC for me
I've been a PC gamer since I was in Kindergarten.
PC is more like the very customizable and very all around. Sure it will cost a lot but lets be honest, PC is beginning to be more and more advance than consoles. (Not offending Console Bros)

But yeah, PC for me.

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
I started out with Duck Hunt on the Atari :p

As for Pc i used to play Guild wars alot but also played alot on console. Then with Ps3 i stepped over to console because of certain games.
There was a Duck Hunt for the Atari? Which one? As far as I know the game was only released off console and for the NES.

Reactions: Neal

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
I personally prefer PC.

I hate Valve, Microsoft and Sony. They all use dirty, cheap tactics to get more cash. I'd say valve is the worst for it. Why you might ask? Well lets take CS:GO for example. Are valve taking measures to stop hackers and smurfers? No. Why not? Because these people buy new copies of the game meaning they get extra dolla dolla. They could easily stop hackers. Hacking can be as easy as injecting a .dll file into the games process which is easy to stop but valve want the hackers to get banned buy a new account etc. etc.

All of them are as bad as each other. Play the one you prefer.

Reactions: Neal

thundar001

Jul 31, 2015
YouTube
As me and my friends say ever so often: "PC master race". I feel that I can do more with the PC then I can with the consoles and there is more out there for the PC then there is for any of the consoles.

Reactions: Kraedax