Offering Critique

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
Just as I would like critique, I would like to give critique as well. I have been doing Youtube for several years now and can tell you the good, bad and ugly. Post your channel below for me to critique

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
feedback would be greatly appreciated! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SplurgeGames
Hi Splurge! So I checked out your channel. Love the art and the banner, they both really signify what you are uploading. The Channel Trailer was Ok, but since it was suppose to be a short showing of your stuff, maybe make one that is about 2 mins? You don't want to reveal too much from the trailer, as you are trying to entice people in. Overall, the videos I checked out had really good editing, and you seem to be doing really well with what you are working on. Keep up the good work.

Splurge

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
SplurgeGames
Hi Splurge! So I checked out your channel. Love the art and the banner, they both really signify what you are uploading. The Channel Trailer was Ok, but since it was suppose to be a short showing of your stuff, maybe make one that is about 2 mins? You don't want to reveal too much from the trailer, as you are trying to entice people in. Overall, the videos I checked out had really good editing, and you seem to be doing really well with what you are working on. Keep up the good work.
Thanks dude its really appreciated!

Reactions: NoDragonsPlz

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
Alright, I have checked out your channel.

1. Your Icon, seems really Unique. I like it.
2. Your banner: While it seems cool, it doesn't seem very GTA V Which seems to be the majority of your channel's content. Maybe consider updating it to meet what your channel plans on doing?
3. Your videos. Montage style, Definitely easy, and you don't have to worry about commentary. It however, does not capture your personality, so find a way to add in your personality, to your montages. Harder to do than say I know, but that will make or break your videos success.
Other than that, I like the mods you do, and they seem fun.

Keep on Doing what you're doing!

Reactions: BBphoniex Gaming

BBphoniex Gaming

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2015
India
YouTube
BBphoniex
Alright, I have checked out your channel.

1. Your Icon, seems really Unique. I like it.
2. Your banner: While it seems cool, it doesn't seem very GTA V Which seems to be the majority of your channel's content. Maybe consider updating it to meet what your channel plans on doing?
3. Your videos. Montage style, Definitely easy, and you don't have to worry about commentary. It however, does not capture your personality, so find a way to add in your personality, to your montages. Harder to do than say I know, but that will make or break your videos success.
Other than that, I like the mods you do, and they seem fun.

Keep on Doing what you're doing!
Thanks Appreciate It.

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
Hey! Checking out your channel right now!
I notice you're a League of Legends uploader, much like myself!
First I'll discuss your icon: I'm guessing that's like an anime version of yourself. Not bad, although I'm not sure if it speaks "League of Legends". I like it regardless.
Second: Your Banner: It looks nice, but seems like a very generic "Insert Channel Name here" banner. Maybe update it to have some League of Legends or any of the other games you play art.
Last, your video styles are very entertaining. I can tell you really enjoy making those moments of the week.[DOUBLEPOST=1443120682][/DOUBLEPOST]Checking out your channel now.
Besides the fact i don't use audio commentary i'm curious to see others opinion on my channel :)

My channel is below my signature.
First off, Your icon is cloud. I like Cloud as well, but it maybe doesn't show the uniqueness of your channel.
Second: Your banner is nice. It definitely compliments you uploading a lot of Final Fantasy. However, instead of subscribe now, maybe put something like your channel name in the middle.
Third: Your videos are of high quality, however, I think adding in your commentary would give a little personality of yourself. That's what's really going to draw your viewers in.[DOUBLEPOST=1443121317][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just got a new & my first Canon camera and I would love to improve! :D Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/user/BrentConeSwag
Hey! Love the icon and Art. They look really good.
Also, it seems interesting you've swapped into vlogging over gaming. YOu do have both though, so that's a good thing! I like your vlogs. Keep those up![DOUBLEPOST=1443121470][/DOUBLEPOST]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF1aNqE6Yp_61fIw1Z9sJpA

i really need help! please just BE HONEST AND IF YOU CAN OFFER SOME TIPS OF HOW TO 'EARN'' VIEWS!
Ah, a horror game player. You have a brave brave guy.
Anyway, Icon and Art looks really good.
And the videos are funny, although some of them almost seem like staged scares, which is not preferable. The best thing about Horror films and recording yourself is being purely terrified and it showing up.[DOUBLEPOST=1443121668][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd love this! Thank you for this service buddy :)

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BobaVoll
Fun fact, when I was looking through your uploads, I saw Squishy the Suicidal Pig and it sounded interesting.
That being said, that video had a lot of editing, some of it unneccesary. I would tone down editing. The cut in stuff becomes less funny if you oversaturate the video with it.
Other than that, Art and Icon look great, and overall, you have some really good commentary. Keep it up!

Last edited:

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey! Checking out your channel right now!
I notice you're a League of Legends uploader, much like myself!
First I'll discuss your icon: I'm guessing that's like an anime version of yourself. Not bad, although I'm not sure if it speaks "League of Legends". I like it regardless.
Second: Your Banner: It looks nice, but seems like a very generic "Insert Channel Name here" banner. Maybe update it to have some League of Legends or any of the other games you play art.
Last, your video styles are very entertaining. I can tell you really enjoy making those moments of the week.[DOUBLEPOST=1443120682][/DOUBLEPOST]Checking out your channel now.

First off, Your icon is cloud. I like Cloud as well, but it maybe doesn't show the uniqueness of your channel.
Second: Your banner is nice. It definitely compliments you uploading a lot of Final Fantasy. However, instead of subscribe now, maybe put something like your channel name in the middle.
Third: Your videos are of high quality, however, I think adding in your commentary would give a little personality of yourself. That's what's really going to draw your viewers in.[DOUBLEPOST=1443121317][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey! Love the icon and Art. They look really good.
Also, it seems interesting you've swapped into vlogging over gaming. YOu do have both though, so that's a good thing! I like your vlogs. Keep those up![DOUBLEPOST=1443121470][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah, a horror game player. You have a brave brave guy.
Anyway, Icon and Art looks really good.
And the videos are funny, although some of them almost seem like staged scares, which is not preferable. The best thing about Horror films and recording yourself is being purely terrified and it showing up.[DOUBLEPOST=1443121668][/DOUBLEPOST]
Fun fact, when I was looking through your uploads, I saw Squishy the Suicidal Pig and it sounded interesting.
That being said, that video had a lot of editing, some of it unneccesary. I would tone down editing. The cut in stuff becomes less funny if you oversaturate the video with it.
Other than that, Art and Icon look great, and overall, you have some really good commentary. Keep it up!
Thanks for the channel feedback :)

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
Could you check out my channel please?
Alright! I checked it out. I like your logo, but your banner says you're supposed to be #1 in comedy, and it seems like you do more like walkthroughs rather than comedy bits with gaming, so you may want to update that.
Other than that, I like your walkthrough style, and your videos are of good quality.

Nightcover

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 1, 2015
Denmark
YouTube
Alright! I checked it out. I like your logo, but your banner says you're supposed to be #1 in comedy, and it seems like you do more like walkthroughs rather than comedy bits with gaming, so you may want to update that.
Other than that, I like your walkthrough style, and your videos are of good quality.

Alright, thank you very much for checking out my channel. I appreciate it. I will change the banner a bit.

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
Hey man i could use some feedback on my channel. Maybe some tips to grow activity. I know my playlists need work and i need a channel trailer. http://www.youtube.com/vrage87
You already nailed what I said. Other than that, from what I can see, you seem to have a good grasp on a lot of the games you play, and knowledge is power when it comes to Youtube. I guess the only thing I would ask of you (which I need to do too) is make a few jokes here and there about stuff. It really helps keep interest. But I liked what you did, so I did leave a sub.