Offering Offering channel/video analysis reviews \o/

Morwors

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 25, 2016
YouTube
SmakitiSmax

Review Username: KIMO DIMO

Channel Banner: People can tell that you play shooters based on your thumbnails, same with your banner. But your banner is just a picture from the game. You should consider commissioning someone to make art that is related to your profile picture. Your branding is based off of your little red buddy, try to get it personalized! A few dollars today will pay off immensely for the
You're not annoying me Smax :p I'm just doing my rounds on freedom, and working on some basic work for my future videos. Rest assured, I'll add in a few more points for you to focus on!

Channel Banner: People can tell that you play shooters based on your thumbnails, same with your banner. But your banner is just a picture from the game. You should consider commissioning someone to make art that is related to your profile picture. Your branding is based off of your little red buddy, try to get it personalized! A few dollars today will pay off immensely for the future.

Introduction Video?: At the moment, your channel trailer doesn’t show off a designated introduction. Compiling your best moments is what most people do. Otherwise, you can prerecord something else, that will entice people to look at your content. The introduction video is the tipping point some some viewers to subscribe, I would work on making a video for it.

Microphone Quality: I feel like you’re using a voice program. Which is understandable, but I hear the chipmunk/highness of the voice more than anything. If you’re doing this for the character voice, consider tweaking the settings slightly. Imagine if you can pull off a voice like that without using a program, you’d be set!

Specific Question to you: Are you going to embrace the character you set up? Once you start with your voice, branding your hotdog can make people remember you for years to come.

Review Username: Smax

Theme of channel?: When I first came onto your channel, I couldn’t figure out the vibe you’re going for. Are you being a let’s player, showing off random moments, playing random games, sticking to specific ones. What are you looking forward to making?

Channel Banner: The banner is just an S. People can look at the banner for guidance, to know more about you from visual appeal. I’d go over to the graphic forum, to make a request for some artwork - https://freedom.community.tm/forums/requests-offers.235/

Profile Picture: Two fists are hitting each other, what does that symbolize? Was that picture made specifically for you? Did you grab it off the internet, is it unique? Having a picture shows on all of your comments, trying to make it stand out will tempt people to click on that channel of yours. Try to individualize it.

Video Thumbnails: The text is hard to read a times. Using any color, with a black font border around it, will work on any picture. The placement of your profile picture in the middle of the screen can limit the picture. Have you considered moving it to a corner of the screen to allow more freedom?

Introduction Video?: Your page is missing an introduction video, try compiling your best moments into a montage, and talk throughout the video if you’re feeling confidant. People can learn a lot by watching a key video, and if it bodes well with viewers, consider yourself getting more constant views!

Video Description: Your descriptions don’t tell a lot about the videos. If you write more information pertaining to the content, it might rise up more in the search engines. People love finding hidden gems in the descriptions. It’s not vital, but nice to work on.

Specific Question to you: What direction are you taking for the channel? Let’s plays need to stand out, how do you plan on standing out?
Thanks a lot you really helped me with this ill strst working on a new banner and profilepic and everything else and yes this is a letsplay channel but I just started and im looking at all the tutorials and thanks again anf ill sub to you for being helpfull :D

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube

Channel Banner: People can tell that you play shooters based on your thumbnails, same with your banner. But your banner is just a picture from the game. You should consider commissioning someone to make art that is related to your profile picture. Your branding is based off of your little red buddy, try to get it personalized! A few dollars today will pay off immensely for the

Thanks a lot you really helped me with this ill strst working on a new banner and profilepic and everything else and yes this is a letsplay channel but I just started and im looking at all the tutorials and thanks again anf ill sub to you for being helpfull :D
I'm glad that I could be of assistance ^^ I gave you a few additional points because you wanted to focus on everything more. It'll take a little bit of time to figure out a stystem. But, it's great that you learned this earlier on, giving you a chance to stand out even quicker. Also, no need to sub for me, I'd rather just have somebody check me out occasionally compared to subbing, but I appreciate the thoughts!

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I would like to gain some help :)

I must be honest that as of now i am still doing gameplays without commentary due to not having a proper headset at the moment and on the day i have my kids around but hoping to start doing it soon when my Tritton gets delivered :)
That'll be interesting to hear your voice finally :p I'll double check on your channel at night, because I had a long day at work, hah.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
No problem and thanks :)
You're welcome, I'll update my post when I finish everything. I'll message you when I finish, but don't worry about responding to the post until later ^^

Review Username: TwilightPrinze

Channel Banner: The text is harder to read for the smaller font. It says “Subscribe to stav tuned!”, the Y is harder to read or see. Consider adding some borders around your picture too, everything will pop out more.

Video Description: Your description has your links, but many people can see your links just by going to your main channel. You have a 5,000 character limit when it comes to text. Have you considered writing more to explain the video in fuller-depth?

Video Thumbnails: Just looking at your recent videos, the thumbnails aren’t entirely eye-catching. To spark a person’s attention, you could figure out some more branding to individualize yourself, or to add text that invites people to check you out more. Exciting thumbnails would be a nice addition to your channel.

Specific Question to you: When you get your microphone, what direction is your channel going to? If you’re planning on doing let’s plays, how will you stand out compared to more experienced people, aside from personality?

Last edited:

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
You're welcome, I'll update my post when I finish everything. I'll message you when I finish, but don't worry about responding to the post until later ^^

Review Username: TwilightPrinze

Channel Banner: The text is harder to read for the smaller font. It says “Subscribe to stav tuned!”, the Y is harder to read or see. Consider adding some borders around your picture too, everything will pop out more.

Video Description: Your description has your links, but many people can see your links just by going to your main channel. You have a 5,000 character limit when it comes to text. Have you considered writing more to explain the video in fuller-depth?

Video Thumbnails: Just looking at your recent videos, the thumbnails aren’t entirely eye-catching. To spark a person’s attention, you could figure out some more branding to individualize yourself, or to add text that invites people to check you out more. Exciting thumbnails would be a nice addition to your channel.

Specific Question to you: When you get your microphone, what direction is your channel going to? If you’re planning on doing let’s plays, how will you stand out compared to more experienced people, aside from personality?
Thanks for the tip on the banner, have to make time to adjust that :p

As for thumbnails i indeed should adjust them but having over 500+ uploads is going to take alot of work and as i am working full time and have 2 kids i have a shortage on time :(

Regarding the links in my description is because not everyone visits your home page on youtube so those who find me by video can acces them trough the desceiption.

As for the commenting i am currently just making gameplays for Ps4 and Mobile and will continue with this as i like to share my playtroughs. Have been working on making montages and maybe doing a possible collab in the near future when i have everything ready

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Thanks for the tip on the banner, have to make time to adjust that :p

As for thumbnails i indeed should adjust them but having over 500+ uploads is going to take alot of work and as i am working full time and have 2 kids i have a shortage on time :(

Regarding the links in my description is because not everyone visits your home page on youtube so those who find me by video can acces them trough the desceiption.

As for the commenting i am currently just making gameplays for Ps4 and Mobile and will continue with this as i like to share my playtroughs. Have been working on making montages and maybe doing a possible collab in the near future when i have everything ready
You're welcome.

I understand, it's a bummer when other people can put more time into their work having more free time. Fighting harder will pay off for the future ^^

Okay, aside from the links, you can still write more information about your videos, heh.

Commentating might be strange at first, but I wish you good luck on that front!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
You're welcome.

I understand, it's a bummer when other people can put more time into their work having more free time. Fighting harder will pay off for the future ^^

Okay, aside from the links, you can still write more information about your videos, heh.

Commentating might be strange at first, but I wish you good luck on that front!
Thanks for the feedback. When i have some free time i will try my best to make improvements to my channel and as for commenting during video's i have to wait a little longer. My son is 5 months wich makes it quite difficult at the moment but when he is a bit older and sleeps better i wil make the change in video's :)

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Thanks for the feedback. When i have some free time i will try my best to make improvements to my channel and as for commenting during video's i have to wait a little longer. My son is 5 months wich makes it quite difficult at the moment but when he is a bit older and sleeps better i wil make the change in video's :)
You're welcome. I understand not having free time, you definitely have a full plate! Good luck for the future ^^

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

The Bossman

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
Could you please review my video content please? I understand the graphics on my channel aren't amazing as I am terrible at thumbnails so have decided to make it my signature to not do thumbnails to stand out lol. Just worried about my commentary and quality in video at the moment.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
can you review me?
I'll help you out later tonight Weed ^^
Could you please review my video content please? I understand the graphics on my channel aren't amazing as I am terrible at thumbnails so have decided to make it my signature to not do thumbnails to stand out lol. Just worried about my commentary and quality in video at the moment.
I'll check out your videos tonight as well Bossman ^^

Thanks for showing interest guys, I'll let you know when I do the reviews.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
can you review me?
Review Username:
SirWeed

Microphone Quality:

During your latest video, I could hear feedback from your microphone. Are you using a headset to talk? Breathing too explosively can damage your recordings slightly.

Channel Trailer?:
You seem to be missing a trailer that’s meant for new subscribers. I’d compile your best footage into a video that best reflects your personality, and channel.

Intro:
The word flying around, with music is popular for people to buy them. Watching the word intros are a bit overused at this point. Have you considered switching it out for a different one?

Specific Question to you:
I can tell that you’re set on the whole “weed” branding. Are you going to keep rolling with it for years to come? You’ll definitely be hitting a specific audience demographic.

Review Username:
The Bossman

First 30 seconds of your video:
During your latest upload, I noticed that your video cut into your introduction. When you start, I’d wait a few seconds, and then hit record. Now I’m wondering what I missed in the video :p

Video Theme:
What style of videos are you uploading? The more you talk about real life, the more you’re focusing on blogs. Doing let’s plays should be focused primarily on the game, since not everyone is interested about milestones. Granted, good luck on your milestone for 100 subscribers ^^

Video Titles:

Sparking attention with your titles is critical. Think about witty bits of information tat relates to your video. Click-bait is a thing, but you can still grab somebodies attention with the right header.

What goal are you trying to accomplish for uploading videos? If the videos aren’t existing for anything aside from entertainment, you need to find your audience yourself, and getting yourself out there will be your biggest priority.​

The Bossman

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
Review Username:
SirWeed

Microphone Quality:

During your latest video, I could hear feedback from your microphone. Are you using a headset to talk? Breathing too explosively can damage your recordings slightly.

Channel Trailer?:
You seem to be missing a trailer that’s meant for new subscribers. I’d compile your best footage into a video that best reflects your personality, and channel.

Intro:
The word flying around, with music is popular for people to buy them. Watching the word intros are a bit overused at this point. Have you considered switching it out for a different one?

I can tell that you’re set on the whole “weed” branding. Are you going to keep rolling with it for years to come? You’ll definitely be hitting a specific audience demographic.

Review Username:
The Bossman

First 30 seconds of your video:
During your latest upload, I noticed that your video cut into your introduction. When you start, I’d wait a few seconds, and then hit record. Now I’m wondering what I missed in the video :p

Video Theme:
What style of videos are you uploading? The more you talk about real life, the more you’re focusing on blogs. Doing let’s plays should be focused primarily on the game, since not everyone is interested about milestones. Granted, good luck on your milestone for 100 subscribers ^^

Video Titles:

Sparking attention with your titles is critical. Think about witty bits of information tat relates to your video. Click-bait is a thing, but you can still grab somebodies attention with the right header.

What goal are you trying to accomplish for uploading videos? If the videos aren’t existing for anything aside from entertainment, you need to find your audience yourself, and getting yourself out there will be your biggest priority.​
Thank you for this. I am trying to build a community where people watch the gameplay for me, kind of blogging as I go along. I want to be more than just someone to watch playing games. Does this make sense? I know it is not for everyone and makes it harder to get off the ground, but when I do I want that personal feel to it. Do I achieve that or do I just sound random lol?

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Thank you for this. I am trying to build a community where people watch the gameplay for me, kind of blogging as I go along. I want to be more than just someone to watch playing games. Does this make sense? I know it is not for everyone and makes it harder to get off the ground, but when I do I want that personal feel to it. Do I achieve that or do I just sound random lol?
No worries, I'm always here to help. So your entire channel is based off of you, and you want to foster relationships within your own circle? I understand what you're going for, you're trying to personalize it a bit, like they;re your friend. That's exactly why I was asking, because it will be harder to get off the floor, but you can appreciate every viewer you have. I get you ^^

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I would love to get some feedback :) !
I'll double check with your channel in the afternoon Folke, but it'll definitely be done ^^

Review Username:
Folke Siren

Channel Trailer?:
You’re missing a channel trailer, the current one is just your normal video. Showing off your best moments would give people a quicker heads up about your personality.

Avoiding vulgarity:
It depends on your target audience. When I loaded your auto-played video, I heard a curse word within a couple of seconds. I’d keep that in mind, because it can deter some audiences.

Video Description:
Your descriptions can be utilized more. I checked your tags, you used them a decent amount. Buy you can write more about the video at hand, giving people more insight on the matter.

What style of videos are you going for? Your have channel art for your banner/profile, but how are you branding yourself different from the youtube crowd?

Last edited:
Reactions: Folke Siren

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
I'll double check with your channel in the afternoon Folke, but it'll definitely be done ^^

Review Username:
Folke Siren

Channel Trailer?:
You’re missing a channel trailer, the current one is just your normal video. Showing off your best moments would give people a quicker heads up about your personality.

Avoiding vulgarity:
It depends on your target audience. When I loaded your auto-played video, I heard a curse word within a couple of seconds. I’d keep that in mind, because it can deter some audiences.

Video Description:
Your descriptions can be utilized more. I checked your tags, you used them a decent amount. Buy you can write more about the video at hand, giving people more insight on the matter.

What style of videos are you going for? Your have channel art for your banner/profile, but how are you branding yourself different from the youtube crowd?

Thanks a lot for the feedback ! :)

-I know i don't have a channel trailer yet, but i plan to do one in the near future.
-I curse a lot i know and i should tone it down a bit.
-I do not have specific style that i'm going for in my videos :D I want them to be entertaining, qood quality and funny

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Thanks a lot for the feedback ! :)

-I know i don't have a channel trailer yet, but i plan to do one in the near future.
-I curse a lot i know and i should tone it down a bit.
-I do not have specific style that i'm going for in my videos :D I want them to be entertaining, qood quality and funny
If you have time, make sure to get on that! But remember you need to have a target audience that you're shooting for. It's nice to entertain everyone, but they all like something different at times. Good luck in the future ^^

Reactions: Folke Siren